App crash after update (droid & ios)

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by 3B_M0NST3R0F3_L0RD, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Assuming you directed this to me, no we use droids. The tablet my wife uses is a fairly newer Kocaso M752 running 4.0.4 never had issues until the server side update of v3.49 before v3.50 came out, after 3.50 my alt began to not work on a Trio7c running 4.2

2. Hmm, sorry. Droids are over my head. I will try and bring dev attention to this thread so you can get some proper answers.

3. Fairly newer? That tablet was released 5 years ago. Outdated hardware (1.2Ghz single core and 512Mb ram), outdated software (Ice Cream Sandwich)... No ofence but I do understand why devs recommended you an upgrade.

4. My wife's tablet was bought 2yrs ago this Christmas, my trio is older lol.

I actually run kaw perfectly fine on a ZTE whirl z660g running 4.0 (cheap dollar store grab), no issues what so ever.

5. No wonder. ZTE do have a Qualcomm SoC backed by an Adreno GPU. Kocaso instead have an Allwiner SoC (an very cheap chipset backed by a Mali GPU. And more important, both have same ram memory (512Mb). Same amount of ram memory must deal with an 3.5" display on ZTE and an 7" display on Kocaso tablet. And most likely that's why KaW is still running fine on your ZTE.

6. All in all, I'm amazed and I don't understand why ATA is still going lower than API 19. Only 14.5% of Android devices are running on Android version lower than API 19 (KitKat). And from those 14.5%, 12% are JellyBean (API 16,17 and 18), while Gingerbread (API 10) and OP's Ice Cream Sandwich (API15) have 1.2% each. So much trouble for such a small market.

7. Only 33.4% of the android market runs anything higher than Jellybean 4.2 , a very small percentage of that run 5,6 & 7, the other 25-27% runs kitkat 4.3 or 4.4.

Highest active droid os is jellybean 4.2 by far, still holding around 43% of the market.

The statistics you're quoting are based off of recent sales (past year), not over all active devices.

A 2d , non animated , very little gpu usage app should not need much memory to operate. Maybe bloat the install a bit to reduce the ram strain.

8. Ummm...no. My source is developer.android.com and the data is based on devices accessing Google Play Store. Has absolutely nothing to do with sales.

And higher density textures require higher ram memory usage. 2D or not.

9. No fancy tech details from me, but my alt (iPad 2) is also having the same issue.. Still get notifications but continuously tells me to update the app when its already been updated

10. Of course there is a big chunk of Android devices sold in China without Google Play services preinstalled (Google services are banned in China) and therefore those devices are not part of data gathered by Google Play Store. But they don't matter anyway. KaW is not available on Baidu, Xiaomi, Huawei or Tencent App Store anyway.

11. This is the part you're not showing in your screen shots.

"In this graphic you can see the Android version market share distribution among smartphone owners in September 2016. This month, Android version 5.0 (Lollipop) had a market share of 16.2 percent among smartphone owners featuring Google's Android operating system. The figures are based on the number of Android devices that have accessed the Google Play Store within a 7-day period ending on May 2nd, 2016."

Only based phones. Nothing about tablets, netbooks, tv boxes etc.

12. Kaw is available on all these devices thru Amazon, and by installing Google play services directly from Google.

13. You are unbelievable 

There you go! Screenshot of all page. Btw...please note the "Data collected during a 7-day period ending on December 5, 2016."

https://developer.android.com/about/das ... l#Platform

14. Lol, I'm unbelievable because I pointed out that you only showed partial information based off of phones during a 7 day period from the same site you said go to. Now you switch from api to dashboard to try and prove what has already been proven to be biased info. Thanks for the laugh.

At least we can both agree the ram is low.

Which is an easy fix by the devs. Instead of caching the majority of the data, eating up ram, they could bloat the install and incorporate the majority of that data from the start. Thus reducing the amount of cached data and the amount of memory used/required to run the app.

15. I switched nothing. In the last screenshot from my last post you can still see a large part of my first screenshot. Still about API. And that sheet is based on DEVICES accessing Google Play Store. Not a only smartphones. Therefore tablets, TV boxes included.

16. See what I mean? Lol

17. Re: App crash after update (droid

Join the revolution

18. Re: App crash after update (droid

Support

19. @eblord and vlad ...u two need to get a room together :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. Re: App crash after update (droid

I myself have had issues. Not the tech tree issues. But sometimes it takes kaw 20 minutes to load, when it does boot up, it fails to load anything (pm,clan chat, world chat, eb clan). Even when I tap on the buttons they don't do nothing.

I have to keep force closing the app and have to keep retrying until it works. I actually am upset at this.

I have tested my internet and talked to my provider. They said my connection is fast enough to load kaw in a few seconds.

Devs should be providing some kind of pay back. For how much money we give these pigs and they can't even release a proper update,

On iPad Air 2, newest iOS (10.1 I think)