Apologies to all veteran and actives

Discussion in 'Clans and Alliances' started by DevineLegacy64, Oct 12, 2015.

1. It's an extreme example, but there are lots of military who see the US as "the good guys" as if our goals are altruistic and noble, meanwhile we are as flawed as the next country. The corruption here might not be so blatant and we dont have warlords abducting our children, but we're far from ideal.

2. ******* pathetic

3. Hate liars.

We at the international space station hate this kind of thing.
    It's hard for us cosmonauts being up here and seeing all those liars down there.

4. Salvation Army?

5. Who are these "lots of military" you speak of? Are you a combat vet? Everyone I served with knows these wars are illegal.

6. and besides, our foreign policy is what gets us attacked by terrorist. 9/11 was very avoidable and if you believe that the only reason we were attacked was because are a free democracy, you are part of the problem.

7. I'm not a vet. I've worked with a lot of ex-military and they were a mixed bag. Plenty of good guys that I was happy to get a drink with after work, and also plenty of racists, plenty of "nuke em all and turn their country into a sheet of glass" types. I don't speak to the combat side of things specifically. The guys I knew I met in labor, supply chain, and electronics.

8. Okay. Talk to some real combat vets and see how they feel. You might be surprised.

Seeing the horrors of war first hand changes your perspective on just about everything.

9. I don't believe in protests. Not violent ones anyway.
    I spoke to my mp a couple weeks back. He's a good chap. Tory. Similar ideals to me.

Not been to a council meeting. Not interested in the road surfacing in my town, I prefer to read on a more national scale.

I've donated to ukip. Not a lot since I'm not too well off. But a donation none the less

No, however I read the political sections of a variety of newspapers (metro, London evening standard and daily mail) every day bar weekends

10. I've never been in a violent protest, but I'm happy to hear you're participating in politics. There are too many armchair politicians lobbing insults at people they disagree with.

You earned one cookie from me. Congrats. 

11. loser

12. Canada. We never know when they could turn rogue.

13. "Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom... and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know... And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to." A Few Good Men 1992

I carefully edited the quote, not changing the message, but removing the circumstances in which Colonel Jessop said this quote. (for all that know this movie its mildly horrible) I think its a good quote for the thread that has turned to disrespecting veterans and everything they go through for us.

14. Mountie invasion. Thats why we also arm the rednecks

15. Long story short it is offensive to those who dedicated their lives to the army and actually earned the right to wear the uniform. Great men and women have died wearing that uniform.

16. Answer: brainwashing

17. GRRAPE, the ends does not justify the means.

18. "Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

19. Nobody cares.