An Update on War Testing

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, May 29, 2014.

1. How long will signups be for the final testing?

2. If I read that correctly the beta wars don't have a scheduled time yet correct? Because I don't wanna get chosen then not be able to do the war. If I get chosen anyway

3. I think this means well still be on kaw server but when war starts well be thrown into another server. It will probably be just generic to war and youll be invincible Becuase your warring anyways

4. We took BFE into account more during matchups this week, and with the 7PM war moving forward we're going to be reverting this. Matchups will continue as they did before testing until we can look deeper at the results from testing.

Still working on determining the best method for our specific tests, but it most likely won't be using your own account. It would either be using a pre-created account, or us giving a large amount of plunder and you creating your war builds from scratch.

Unfortunately for this round of testing we're not going to be able to continue with the 6PM Individual War test, but fear not. If the testing goes well we'll try to bring it back for further testing.

Thank you for this. It's understandable that people are frustrated with wars right now and we're doing what we can to improve the situation. Sadly it's not something we can change overnight, but a better Kingdoms at War is something we're all working towards.

For the Closed Beta Test wars there's no end date for registration just yet. We'll be sure to give at least 24 hours before signups close.

That is correct. The Closed Beta Test wars don't have an exact time just yet, but it would likely take place over several days with a large number of war times available for you to join whenever works best for you.

5. Do we get any compensation for signing up? Like the badge? Or crystals returned?

6. ^Im wondering that too.

This sounds really cool and exciting, so I really hope I get picked :) That would make me so happy. Also, when will the selected people be announced/get PM's?

7. I know you are trying many different game mechanic tweaks, but I believe you are still overlooking the most essential required change. The matchup algorithm is broken. Until you seriously consider standard deviation/variance metrics of roster composition, you will always have lb stacked/small rosters that completely bury non lb rosters. By incorporating basic statistical calculations into your matchup algorithm, similiar built rosters will match similiar built rosters. I know most of KaW would welcome the opportunity to know when they roster 11 similiar sized mid accounts, they wont draw a lb/sh clan 100% of the time. My offer from many months ago still stands to help the dev team understand how these statistical calculations can improve matchups.

8. Well damn get a large amount of plunder (gold) to make our own war build! Thats nice.

Maybe somewhere around 50t to hfllbc lol

So I guess bfa wont come into play in this beta wars!

9. Thanks for clearing that up devs.

10. Wait.. quick question.. you said for the wars i can war with a dev account ? Or something like tht? If so ill put all my knowledge toward this. If not i cant :lol: i finally destroyed my war build a few days ago so i could osw by mid june. Answer soon please bc i want to sign up if i can

11. I have supported these test since you started them, but this is ******** to remove the 2nd war on Friday. You are losing a lot of data. I was looking forward to this war telling people to try them out. Stop being assholes about talking about casting a bunch of statless alts. Then the great mids say let's remove a popular war time after its been posted for days very disappointed

12. Community u said the friday 6pm test war couldn't be brung back but maybe in further testing so is it defiantly not being added anytime soon?

13. Ok since more than likely the beta participants will be using a dev created account!

Could we still access our original account during the beta testing?

If not, would ones account be frozen to where no one could hit that account?

I don't want to get strip while I'm beta testing, and I'm sure the other beta participants would say the same.

14. I'll sign up for the closed beta cause the open one is pointless. Matchups still suck. Plunder hasn't changed, I've been compling stats also. My roster of 8 bigs n 7 sh just drew all shs again... What hit ratio?

15. Heres what im thinking... Pre created accounts. 1Tril. All lands already unlocked, and 250 of each pot added to our account after each war. I think that sounds good. Dont know what to do about allies though since it would be a different server. Lol

16. Will We keep the huge plunder?

17. Awesome ill sign up for testing  thanks for the updates devs

18. It's unfortunate that we've had to remove this time on Friday as I know a lot of people were excited to come try it out. We'll definitely try to get a few more of these wars in soon as long as all goes well.

You'll for sure still be able to access your original accounts. This Closed Beta Testing will take place on a separate server with an account unrelated to the one you use to play Kingdoms at War normally.

We'll definitely be looking into the results of Friday's wars to see if we can bring a few more of these around.

That's one of the options we're considering :)

19. Developers Iv we have played close to 4 years do we have a better chance at getting an invitation?

20. I accidentally applied my main and alt on the same email :/ is there a way i can fix that?