An Update on Season 5 + Wars!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so by saying no automated matches, you will be hand picking our match ups? placing stacked rosters of 5 130-160mcs accounts and 20 hansels/sh's together, and placing more balanced rosters against other balanced rosters? also I think sh/ssh should pay the same as a Hansel per hit, sh players that pay less than a mil an attack, but can successfully steal/attack 30-40mcs players gaining 100-180m a hit... if this was fixed it would force more balanced rosters

2. Any war times for Asia/Australia?

3. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

A little confusing but I like it, I would also love to be a beta tester for s5. I might have the answer to this but can we be on multiple war squads? I have about 4-5 accounts I avidly war with and would like to get them placed in season. With this new system is it possible to do that?

4. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

In order to kill SH/build droppers, new pots need to be implemented. That way, all there actions will fail when they attack mids.

Needs to restrict who can purchase them tho to mids and above. How do you do that? That's the issue.

5. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Is there a total # of war stated anywhere? I'd like to know so I can buy my xstals accordingly.

6. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Very cool idea :) good to see all these new changes. I'm excited to be in S5!

PS: I want to beta test :lol:

7. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Are we really going back to stacked lb/sh rosters? What a nightmare. A mix of round, Primal and indi gave more chances to everyone to war. Now it looks like if u are not lb or sh chances for season are not looking good for you.

8. Would need at least 40 mems on team to always have enough to cast , 50 would be better especially with random war times. Even with 50 no support wheres indi & primal?

9. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

I like Indy wars. I would never war with a team of the same people. That just doesn't seem probable at all. Keep the Indys!!!!

10. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Also just think that even if they limit it to being able to buy pots above a certain cs people will build up buy a ton of pots and then drop again. The use of pots should be restricted to meeting a certain cs requirement however again this will poorly affect those who are just under this requirement and get matched against those who can use them.

11. S5 finally whoop whoop 

12. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

s5 is ridiculous. 30 in group and 20 war. Every war you're awake you'd have to be active for two hours? Who can commit to that? I certainly can't. Added to the fact that they are ROUND WARS. After they bring out new buildings with an established primal system so we've all slaughtered our BFA? Arrant nonsense!

13. This is probably the final nail in the coffin for real EE war clans. This singlehandedly destroys large clans full of warring members by splitting them into groups of 30 which must be in the same tz and at least 20 at a time must be available at any given moment to give two hours of time to your randomly scheduled wars that they as a "company" can only sit out of one single war the whole bracket. How can that even happen with multiple timezones wanting to war? How can we possibly have wars in each timezone and war almost every single time as a clan. This is not at all feasible.

14. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Just as nuts as all DEV last moves.! Who can do allways 2h wars? Without me DEV ️Will spend more time and money in other games

15. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Also needs to be minimal cs of each player

16. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

all u ppl speaking doom

S5 prolly is min 5-6 weeks away n this event u can make a ton of plunder n prep.

More notice than ever before with ASW up 1st then onto S5

17. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Here is an interesting idea... Everyone who wants to war in s5 casts a woc and the war companies chosen completely at random... Indi meets clan wars in a way

18. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

Who can do 2hr?
    Well for starters all those who do 6hr ASW

Correct Atropos n all u other war crazed ppl

19. Of course people will always try to create an advantage in war, no matter what restrictions you implement. Random war times? Locked war party at 30? Max CS based on bfa and bfe?? Utterly wretched ideas, unless you desire to kill ee wars once and for all. The last will bring back the SH build, who pile on BFA and BFE and dominate mids.

As I have said since season two, the way to fix ee is to scrap the plunder algorithm used for PvP (and PvP only). The current formula places too much weight on structures and not enough on BFA and BFE. This may have worked well at the start of the game, but as BFE and BFA have skyrocketed due to overpowered war gear and enormous CS from all the new lands added since game launch. As such, it promotes a barbell war roster, stacked with lbs and SH. To cure the problem, you must cut it out at the root, namely the plunder algorithm.

The other main problem with ee wars in the past has been ally shuffling after match up. Certain clans, like Rising Hawks, expooited this to create unfair matchups by having banks buy allies off war participants before matching, then warriors would rebuy allies after matching thereby vastly increasing their true strength. The obvious fix would be to take a snapshot of BFA at matchup to prevent such an exploit.

It is really that simple. Revamp plunder algorithm for PvP and lock BFA values at matchup. Then you can use the matchup system from s2. Alternate round wars with indi wars, and you would have a successful season.

20. Re: An Update on Season 5 Wars!

I seriously beleaive Individual Wars Should be part of S5, thts where you get more balanced rosters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.