An Open Discussion about Estoc Trial War Times

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All time i post is write on GMT timezone and some war time change to according for euro player (not end too late or start when we could eat) i post additionnal war time
    If u want to add some more because i see u have many time but they are some misses on this ;)
    1 : tuesday 2am
    2 : tuesday 9pm
    3 : wednesday 7pm
    4 : thursday 2am
    5 : thursday 9pm
    6 : friday 10am
    7 : friday 7pm
    8 : saturday 2am
    9 : saturday 2pm
    10 : sunday 2 am
    11 : sunday 10am
    12 : sunday 9pm

Additionnal war time (if u want to do some more
    X.1 : monday 8pm
    X.2 : saturday 7pm
    X.3 : Monday 3am

2. As an Australian (2hrs ahead of SGT) who works standard hour each weekday like most normal working Australians (8.30am to 5 or 5.30pm), NONE of the weekday wars (War 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,and 12) cater for people in Australia, New Zealand or countries covered by SGT. The only wars that are at decent times for people in Australia, New Zealand or countries covered by SGT are War 6, War 8, (war 9 SGT Only), War 10 and War 11.

Wars 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 12 (6 out of 12 wars) all occur at ridiculous times in the morning or in the middle of the working day for these countries.

From what I can see PDT has 4 wars that occur at decent times in the evening, 3 of which are weekday evenings and one of which occurs on the weekend and 1 afternoon time on the weekend. They have 4 wars which appear to occur during standard weekday working hours. They also only have 3 times that occur at ungodly hours. This indicates PDT have 5 decent war times out of 12.

EDT has 7 wars that occur at decent times in the evening, 5 of which are weekday evenings and 2 of which occur on the weekend and one decent weekend morning time. They only have 2 wars which appear to occur during standard weekday working hours. They only have 2 times that occur at ungodly hours. This indicates EDT has 8 decent war times out of 12.

GMT has 5 wars that occur at decent times in the evening, 4 of which are weekday evenings and 1 of which occur on the weekend and one decent weekend morning time and one weekend afternoon war time. They only have 1 war which appears to occur during standard weekday working hours. And they have 4 times that occur at ungodly hours. This indicates GMT has 7 decent war times out of 12.

SGT has 3 wars that occur at decent times in the evenings, 1 of which is a weekday evening (an early Friday evening) and 2 of which occur on weekend evenings. They also have 2 decent wars on the weekend which are afternoon war times. They have 4 wars which appear to occur during standard weekday working hours. And they have 5 times that occur at ungodly hours. This indicates SGT has 5 decent war times out of 12.

For Australia AEST we have 2 wars that occur at decent times in the evening, 1 of which is a weekday evening (an Friday evening) and the other on Sunday evening. Aside from this, we only have two other wars that occur at ok times both at 12pm on Saturday and Sunday (lunch time). We have 4 wars which occur during standard weekday working hours. And we have 4times that occur at ungodly hours. This indicates AEST only has 4 ok war times out of 12 and none of which really occur during the week.....

This to me doesn't seem fair as some people can war up to 8 times a week at decent times and people like me only have 4 wars to choose from and one is on a Friday night when people want to go out and two are at lunch times on the weekends when you usually spend time with friends and family - how is this fair for every one who plays KaW?

I will be posting what times I think are fair in the next day or so.

3. Guys not from europe: please do not forget that noone in europe is on gmt right now! UK is one hour later; europe two or three; so 10GMT is not a good wartime for weekdays and is in fact "ungodly" as someone put it...

4. Proposals for time changes are based on a survey of 90 players. Obviously these times will not suit all but would allow more Europe involvement also allowing multinational clans to war together hopefully more regularly.
    The changes within brackets I would suggest placing at the most popular time within those brackets for greatest possible euro participation.

Thank you for providing us the means to request times

Start times.
    War 1. no change

War 2. Start time.
    PDT TUESDAY 11am-2pm
    EST. TUESDAY 2pm-5pm
    GMT. TUESDAY. ( 6-9pm) . Most appropriate time within brackets. For maximum participation.
    SGT. WEDNESDAY 2am -5am

WAR 3. no change

War 4. no change

WAR 5
    PDT THURSDAY 11am-2pm
    EST. THURSDAY 2pm-5pm
    GMT. THURSDAY . ( 6-9pm) . Most appropriate time within brackets for maximum participation
    SGT. FRIDAY. 2am -5am

WAR 6. no change.

War 7. no change.

WAR 8. no change

WAR9
    PDT SATURDAY 8am-8:30am
    EST. SATURDAY 11am-11:30am
    GMT. SATURDAY 3pm-3:30pm
    SGT. SATURDAY 11pm-11:30pm

WAR 10. no change

WAR 11. no change

WAR 12
    PDT SUNDAY. 1pm- 1:30
    EST. SUNDAY. 4pm-4:30
    GMT. SUNDAY. 8pm -8:30
    SGT. MONDAY 4am-4:30

Hopefully no mistakes made I also would suggest a new trial war time for Australian time zone where possible but have little input to post about their times as such cannot comment much on when is best but would ask for a trial for their time zone.

[​IMG]

5. Add more wars in evening during weekdays for SGT.

6. What you guys seem to forget is, that the time in Central Europe is gmt 2. So the war time 10pm gmt seems good at the first view, but if you add up 2 it lasts till 2 am in the morning-> sucks if you have to work/go in school etc.

The US times seem good in my opinion, don't need to change something significant there.

For Asia: I'm sorry for us :(

7. This thread would be alot cleaner if everyone just posted the area they live in and the times they would like to war during the week and on weekends. Then the devs can decide what times need to be changed if any do.____Australia weekdays 8pm. Weekends ?¿ 

8. Not sure how i can speak for each war # and other timezones, i can post only what is suited for me. In my personal opinion there are two many wars during the week which causes 'burn out' in kaw community. Everyone can see that number of warring clans is decreasing every week and almost everyone is struggling with getting minimum requirements. I suggest to reduce number of wars to 5-6 per week, min req 20-40 ppl and rotate timezones.

Wars suited to me:
    War 1: Wed, 12 Noon GMT
    War 2: Sat, 2 AM GMT

9. For me , war 1 no change , war 2 start GMT 9pm ( an hour sooner due to BST, 1am finish too late) war 3 move to 8 or 9 gmt ( a 7pm bst start time is smack in the middle of kids bedtimes... Problem that lol) . War 4 keep same . War 5 again move back an hour to 9pm gmt , same reasons as above. War 6 , for me useless as 11am bst I'm at work. War 7 again it's kids bedtime , pointless, move it back 1-2 hours. War 8 keep same (these at 2am gmt i'll never do lol) war 9 Saturday 2pm gmt , I guess keep but can rarely do myself as with family. War 10 another 2am gmt start . War 11 again a daytime war.. War 12 perfect final weekend war for most, nice BST finish at midnight.

To summarise , make wars 2 and 5 one hour sooner due to BST and every euro player will thank you for that. Make wars 3 and 7 start 1-2 hours later as will always clash with family/kids bedtimes. No change for me to wars 1, 4, 10 and 12. May as well move war 11 to 6am gmt lol , would cause less hassle. My thoughts only but I hope it helps. My edited times would enable me to war more , I suspect a lot of other euro peeps (especially with families) would agree.

10. Whatever... I have a job, a family and a life. Keep your pet wars and continue to create a new generation of zombie phone tappers. The times suck in general. Scrap the schedule and just let us war when WE want

11. War 1. no change

War 2. Start time.
    PDT TUESDAY 11am-2pm
    EST. TUESDAY 2pm-5pm
    GMT. TUESDAY. ( 6-8pm) .
    SGT. WEDNESDAY 2am -5am

WAR 3. no change

War 4. no change

WAR 5
    PDT THURSDAY 11am-2pm
    EST. THURSDAY 2pm-5pm
    GMT. THURSDAY . ( 6-8pm) .
    SGT. FRIDAY. 2am -5am

WAR 6. no change.

War 7. no change.

WAR 8. no change

WAR9
    PDT SATURDAY 8am-8:30am
    EST. SATURDAY 11am-11:30am
    GMT. SATURDAY 3pm-3:30pm
    SGT. SATURDAY 11pm-11:30pm

WAR 10. no change

WAR 11. no change

WAR 12
    PDT SUNDAY. 1pm- 1:30
    EST. SUNDAY. 4pm-4:30
    GMT. SUNDAY. 8pm -8:30
    SGT. MONDAY 4am-4:30

12. I think less and less clans warring because Europeans just less participating. Most of my clan was waking up at 3am or war at midnight first two weeks... But noone can keep up 8 weeks like that, so they not making the numbers for other timezones anymore...
    All we asking is move war2 and 5 - 1h to accommodate daylight saving. Ideally you move it back 2h - so war2 and 5 will start 8pm GMT, but we would be happy even if you move it only 1h...

I would like to explain Central Europe is GMT 2 (we talking about Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Poland, Sweden, .....etc. - Central Europe has aprox. 400mil population)
    GMT 1 is only UK. To suggest that war 2 and 5 is for Europe is just a joke. For most Europe that war start at 0:00 - 0:30 ---> 2am - 2:30am and we talking about week days!!!

Also I believe war9 is made for most timezones even for US as it start in the morning of most US timezones and evening for SGT so suggesting that war is only for Europe is ridiculous...

For the others who suggesting that war should stay the same as most of community quiet, I can assure you everyone I know is fed up with the times, but cannot be even bothered to reply as they feel nothing will change. Also this changes should happen before the season started!

13. Can u have a Saturday or Friday might war at 8pm EDT/EST?

14. Support jedlina and dark knights posts.

But more importantly please please please make this the final time change... Use this feedback wisely and whatever times you choose - please just stick to them from now on. The time changes are a pain in the ass for those who have to admin these wars and keep everyone updated.

And last but not least - please give some decent notice when announcing new times/changes. About now would be an acceptable time to give us information about next weeks schedule so we can prepare properly. Less than 12 hrs before the first war isn't acceptable.

15. War 1. no change

War 2. no change

WAR 3. no change

War 4. no change

WAR 5. no change

WAR 6. no change.

War 7. no change.

WAR 8. no change

WAR9. no change

WAR 10. no change

WAR 11. no change

WAR 12. no change

PS: 3 wins a week will get you Rancor level 60.

16. Move war 6 forward 1-2 hrs plz

17. Assuming just 6 hours sleep from midnight to 6am regardless of where you live the stand out fact is that if I lived in New York I could do 12 wars out of 12. If I lived in London on British Summer Time (not GMT until October) I can do 6 wars. I cannot understand how you can even begin to believe this is not a North American bias.

18. I think need to change war times an hour or two back. Times not good for Europeans.

19. In the end, it's simple and has been said many times in the past few weeks. If you want to accommodate Europeans, put one extra war during week days at 6/7/8 pm gmt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.