America and lethal injection. Disciss

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moose2, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Firing squad. Bullets are cheap. Why be humane to a killer anyway?

2. A rope is cheaper and you can reuse it.

3. The removal of death by firing squad was due to the fact that it was psychologically damaging to the shooters who felt that they were personally killing someone

4. Hello Soccer

5. Its not the method of execution thats so expensive. Its the appeals and court proceedings that are expensive.

6. @Moose. Not sadistic. I gave you my opinion and then a response to the options of "it's wrong" or "be civilized". Wake up people we live with uncivilized people in this world. The population is only getting bigger and our laws are getting more lax on what I would call "uncivilized barbarians" that do exist. Everyone is different and letting the antics of criminals become heroic by way of social media outlets and portraying them as victims is confusing to a molding mind of a young child who is growing up seeing this everyday. It develops as "it's ok" mentality because what's the worse that can happen attitude takes affect when a "Do Right or Do Wrong" decision needs to be made. Flooded prisons mistakenly let some of the wrong people out and they inact their viciousness again on civilized people until they are caught again. We write it off as it's "so sad" as we watch the anguish of the families that deal with the reality of dealing with a horrendous act against their loved ones. What's worse is when you hear the criminal had a history of sociopathic and violent tendencies. The current prison system is flawed and only thing it does it make criminals harder and more violent. You are right. I had a uncle who was shot and killed by a repeat offender who got paroled early, robbed a grocery store for $100 and decided to blaze away as he made his get away with no one chasing him. My uncle had just come through the door, unknowing what was happening. He was not playing a hero or a vigilante. He was simply shot because the individual did not care. 10 years later, his wife, kids, grand kids and friends get the great news this criminal may get out due to good behavior. Great review at his parole hearing???? Wtf? Twice?? So was I being condescending on my last post? Yes. I want people to think about if it directly affected them. Don't give me the better than thou stance, or nonsense it's not civilized! I see a rapidly changing world and society. Brutal stances can stop mayhem in the making or we can all sit around until it's so bad the government truly takes our freedoms away and rules over us like we are living in North Korea. Am I radical? Not at all. I love my country. I also pay attention what has evolved in my short life here on this earth. I personally like to head things off and not sit on the sidelines when wrong is happening.

7. If they do a crime to a child... Those inmates will beat the ever loving crap out of you. Sometimes even kill you. (If its bad enough) the inmates are actually very protective of children. So you don't have to worry about that aspect of it i guess

8. I saw someone post that the death penalty is not a good deterent. I think that if you look at sharie law than you will see that it is a great deterent. However i do not support sharie law but do understand that in a society such as ours we do need the death penalty. I do hope they find a better and more humane way to execute people. Just because they have acted as wild animals does not give us a right to do the same.
    Also another post stated some are innocent and that is a good and true point, but that is why we have due process in america to allow poeple to the best possible chance at proving there innocence. If they are still found guilty of murder or **** i believe they should be executed.

9. THIS!

10. Sorry I laughed at hippopotamus oath

Hippocratic Oath, would be what you are searching for moosey

11. who are we to decide who dies? No matter how petty or serious the crime is? Tbh youd have to be a heartless and have no conscious to just casualy kill someone cuz it is the "penalty" for breaking a rule or law, it seems extremely unnecessary to me, because in the end it makes you just as bad as the person who committed the crime

12. Justice is not the same as unprovoked violence.

13. So breaking laws and committing crimes is no big deal? Big or small?

14. Honestly, I don't believe any human has the right over another ones life. No matter how much you feel someone might deserve to die, no one person should have the authority to take another's life.

15. no, what I'm saying is we have no right to take anothers life, no matter what the crime is. Of course there will be punishment for breaking a rule, we all learn that at an early age. But the Death penalty? Who are we to decide who goes and who stays? Doesn't matter what the crime is

16. How about war? Should the allies against Nazi Germany of sat back and pretended being civil would stop what was happening? When is killing ok? From what I read, murderers should not be given same treatment? Instead protected?

17. I'm just a polite Canadian, so I have no right to decide who lives and dies.
    However, in countries like America, it seems "society, in conjunction with the legal system" gets to make those decisions, and honestly, that seems like a reasonable thing to me.
    Society makes judgement calls all the time. Just because a judgement happens to be serious doesn't mean society can't act on it or take a stance. The American stance is to offer closure to the victims via execution, and to date, n one on this thread has managed to make a compelling case to tell ke why this shouldn't be so.

I came here neutral, but I'm being swayed to agree with the victims. I can't recall his name, but the guy who's uncle died lodges the most compelling case yet

18. if someone killed or did anything to someone that I cared about I would hope that something to the same degree or worse would happen to them

19. What is the difference between legal execution via (insert method) VS killing the convict by draining his life one day at a time in a prison cell?