Addressing the blatantly obvious separation within KaW

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Kasama, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Addressing this blatantly obvious separation within KaW

Tl;dr is available

It's come to my attention that there is a massive gap separating pay players; in this instance, I'll refer to them as LBers.

This gap not only being in stats or potentially overall playtime and more centralised around their participation with the outside KaWmunity.

Of course, there are some lbers who do reveal themselves and actually communicate e.g. Kezzer

However these players are very few and far between... Players that are large and assist smalls and contribute to the KaWmunity, specifically Forums.

I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus but if the stat-gap can't be closed... Why not work on the social aspect?

After all this game is focused around that point.

Of course, this is the part where I place down possible solutions but like the rest of these idea threads, I am only here to complain lol.

/shade

Tl;dr
    Complaining + lbers are basically ghosts

~Kas

2. Let's be honest and just say that I could probably wreck any lb player with my terrifying t2 build.

3. BC 90% of them are devs lol duh

4. Re: Addressing the blatantly obvious seperation within KaW

5. Bomminator was the coolest LB guy ever, would talk to or follow anyone back. He came to a noob clan for me back in the day on an old account i had just to help us finish an eb simply bc i was his ally. And this when he was like top 10

6. Um... Whooby and Krakkerz are cool, :?. Idk the others to say anything... Some are snobs, can't help it, though.

7. Thanks for telling me this Matrix :shock:

But my point still stands helpful bigs are a dying race.

Loltrue

8. Krakkerz is a massive noob

9. Silph isn't that bad, I always see him talking in ally chat, on occasion he will go help one of them out if they ask nicely

10. I think it really depends. As an lb player, there are loads of people who want to get to know you just because you're huge/rich/can hire allies. People who randomly follow to truly "just to get to know you" are few and far between. I'd be wary of people then too.

IMO, the lb should have no obligation (and should not be expected to have an obligation) to socialize with everybody else. They should just socialize however much they would choose to even if they weren't on the lb or how much they did pre-lb

That said, the lb players I've met through my natural KaW travels have been pretty cool folk. The key here being our meeting wasn't forced, it just naturally occurred via clans, alliances, wars, etc.

11. Devs only care about pay to win players and have completely abandoned that free to play community. That is why there is such a gap and why so many players quit.

The invested players still linger but with out the numbers of the free to play players this hame has basically died.

12. My experience and opinion matches shol's

13. @shol
    It shouldn't be obligation but how I see it is Lbers should at least be of assistance to smaller players.

LBers have an abundance of resources, knowledge and gold...

They're sitting in their lb clans feeding off of hte/zta all day leaving us to fend for ourselves.

Idk but it doesn't seem right.

They should be assisting in some volleys or be readily helping newbies instead of letting this separation continue.

They have all that knowledge about the game that could be put to by assisting others when required... But again, an invisible barrier between us and them.

I hate this mentality (Us and Them) but I cant help that it exists.

14. Just an interesting thing I'd like to hear your thoughts on - what if a majority of lb players did volley/advise new players, but just on alts so as to not draw leeches to their main accounts.

The issue then (and even if they don't help a lot) isn't the amount they help so much as the perception they help, as you said, the "us vs them" mentality?

Another thought too - when you say lb, are you referring to the top 5? 10? 50? - when I hear LB I immediately think Silph or Redstar (who I haven't heard of as helpful) - but not of Healan (25) or Daytona (49) - hell, I didn't even know they existed until checking just now - those two could be insanely helpful folk, but because the players everybody associates with the LB aren't helpful, all the helpful ones are glossed over and forgotten.

15. My opinion, hm...

Even if that were true, why hide?
    Leeches using the main. I highly doubt anyone would even try and take advantage of a lber. Especially when they are the only source of help a newbie is receiving.

Even then the newbie wouldn't even know how to leech off a lber. It's not like they know about the item stages in hte or other quick growth methods.

However if it were true then my point wanes a little and you gain a point lol.

Not that this is a competition.

All in all, proof would be necessary while retaining the lbers identity I suppose.

You're right lber is a broad term...
    Therefore, I should clarify. By leaderboarder I mean someone on the leaderboard.

It could be #23 on overall or #999 on battles.

Regardless, I dont think the clarification changes much.

16. How narrow we define LB'er is important I think though. Technically I'm an LB'er because I'm ranked on battles, but nobody would ever mistake me for a top lb player.

But I agree that it wouldn't change much, if few LB'ers are helping it just aggravates the "us vs them" mentality and splits the game's player base, but we still have the issue of the players you (or I, or people) typically associate with the lb having a super profound effect on our perception of all the other ones.

So, let's spam all of them and see how many respond. Good way to make enemies? Yes. Excellent way to figure this out? Of course

17. lol shol

As much as I agree with demanding that they talk by spamming them.

I think a good solution would be having a reward system in place... Or an achievement system. Something that rewards mentors.

Something smaller than a vk like a mentor badge or special eq that gives a slight plunder bonus.

EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE would try to attain it.

Something that rewards both parties instead of just the newbie.

It could potentially revitalise the ally market as well as maintain new player retention and act as money sink (in a sense)... I think :lol:

By which I mean, with players actively investing in new allies it could grow the ally market to a somewhat similar state.

With so many people assisting newbies and everyone being happy with the outcomes, player retention rate could increase...

A money sink, simply putting money into growing a newbie.

Of course it has downsides...

Opinions?

18. Lol. :p you'd know.

19. One could argue that you help newbies to get them into your clan so it could grow more, but I would like something more tangible as a reward. Anybody who has spent time helping a newbie clan or new players in a subclan knows just how much it kills your growth, and IMO it kills it far more than your clan (or you) reap in benefits.

The biggest issue I see with this is how a system would work without being easily exploitable - how would you build credit for rewards? And it'd almost have to be reversible after some point, I shouldn't be able to help 10 noobs, get a plunder buff or equip, and then farm noobs to reset for the rest of my days with the bonus?

20. Agree and this applies to anyone not just leaderboarders.