Account resets no longer supported by ATA

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by MR_Un1V3r5E_ThE_MaCHiNE, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Was that when people didn't care about how fast ebs were?

2. Losing reset bombs sucks.

3. *cough* red*cough

4. Actually, this may be about money for the devs*. It's "creative accounting", sometimes known as "fraud" to pay off ATA, and here's how may work*:

Under old system, you have a main, alt and bombs for each. =4 accounts.

Under new "strategy": same original 4 accounts, but you can't reset bombs, you can just zero their stats. So you make new bombs with fake Facebook accounts. Assuming you get stripped once a quarter, now you're at twelve fake allies for 2015.

Now, instead of 4 accounts for you, ATA now has 16 that they won't delete. And that they won't let you delete. Here's where the accounting comes in... ATA most likely* estimates their revenue using an average of "active accounts". So, since no accounts are now inactive, this could increase their revenue four times by adding zero additional players, and collecting zero additional cash. And this is all just accounting estimates, so it just needs to be "believable" to be legal in many cases.

*these statements are merely alleged, but plausible and likely as we believe.

5. I was thinking this too, but thanks for explaining it.

6. I think this is because when their old mod, Inferno, reset, they gave him his account back and afterwards they was probably sued by someone.

It's my best guess.

7. You all know what they say...

8. Long BS story? :lol:

I explained why I have faith in ATA, I was in a situation where I could no longer play on my account, they helped out.
    So I'm certain if they take a decision, there's some legit reasoning behind it. Whether they choose to share it or no, that's on them.
    I doubt "ending this game or ending OSW" is what they had in mind.
    Its easy to hop on the bandwagon and whine about the devs. 

9. I find this unlikely

10. Probably.

11. The part you don't see is that ATAs investors may be effectively making their decisions on the number of active players, or active accounts. You have to look at the money.

This rule change could easily quintuple the fake accounts to re-strategize.

12. I don't think ATA has "investors"

13. But the game averages a revenue of $7,000 a day. How does ATA have any investors?

14. There's a thing called "private equity". I'll now take bids to shut up and help

15. They may be looking to appeal to investors. I mean, we are all just speculating right now.

But, if i was considering saling, or taking out some equity on kaw in the near future, it wouldn't take much work to present all kaw accounts as potential paying customers.

Or maybe its as simple as there are a dozen people a day crying to support how their brother reset their account, or they felt bullied into reseting, it happened while in their pocket.. Ect.. And ata is tired of dealing with all these folks eating up their time on a game they are not interested in using any of their resources on anymore.

But ill still carry on believing some lb players had a temper tantrum and made the devs their little bitches and punked them into customizing kaw just for them.

16. The "I'm a goddamn customer please help me out" approach has always worked well for me.

Well, not that direct. But whatever they say that they can't do, they CAN do if you say you're a longtime customer.

It works even better if you offer a payment. Suddenly, kaw support reverses their position and follows you all the way through in your wishes.

17. I've researched statistics offered elsewhere and they mention average is actually about $18,500 est. a day.

Still I take any information that is not publicly disclosed by a business with a grain of salt tbh. Still, approximations are good to know from a research database.

18. Hmm. Hmm.

That explains the rate at which the top 10 in Farmer's Journey event are going.

19. Also, I heard kingdoms at war is in the top 30 or so in the "Top Grossing" section of the android App Store currently. Which dismisses anyone who says the game is dying etc.

Is it as popular as it once was? ThTs a different matter all together. :p

20. So a safe bet would be between those two numbers. 12k-12.5k?
    Still a lot, if its actually per day.
    Anyone want to start calculating their finances and figuring how much goes back into KaW?