A Theological Question/Debate.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ____Demon____, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Nice way to contradict your God

2. How am I contradicting?

3. If you actually read what I posted, you would understand

4. I like the distinction regarding how Frankenstein's monster could not have been ressurected because it was cobbled together from parts of different corpses. However, I do not recall Mary Shelley including a soul as part of the reanimation process ("I Frankenstein" is not definative on Frakenstein's monster).

So, other than the question of one body versus parts of many, what is the difference between the reanimation of dead tissue in Frankenstein and that in zombies?

(Ignoring the religious dogma as it is unrelated to the conversation).

5. Actually, the Bible was inspired by God, but he didn't dictate it. He gave them the ideas for what happened, and they used their limited knowledge of their known world to write the stories. Very few Catholics believe that the world is flat, and that dinosaurs didn't exist because it's not in the Bible.

6. 2nd Timothy 3:16
    All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

You're saying what is said in Genesis wasn't true, um?

Also, King Calm you are saying that you are ignoring the religious stuff but this OP has religious content in it. And how can you ignore something if you keep mentioning it? You don't make much sense

7. I'm not saying it wasn't true. I'm saying that the writers didn't completely understand the world around them enough to know that the world is a big round rock in space.

8. I am getting a liberal arts degree with concentrations in Business, communications, Biblical languages and Biblical theology think i am well qualified to answer this.

Do i believe in zombies? No.

Do i believe in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ? Absolutely, infact it is one of the Musts for what any Christian believes in. If you don't believe in the Resurrection of Christ then by defenition of the Gospel, you do not believe the Gospel, and therefore are not a Christian.

What's the difference? A Zombie is more of something made up in the modern world that is fictional, and happens to define the living dead, however Jesus Christ isn't living dead. Jesus Christ is 100% living and 0% dead, so he cannot be a zombie.

9. You said you believe in Evolution, I'm giving you places in the bible (you said you believe in it) that contradicts evolution.

10. The belief that God used evolution is called 'Theistic Evolution' among theologians and is seen as a heresy, and comprimises the message of the Gospel. I urge to to read more into reformed theology on why it is a heresy.

11. But the bible was written by HUMAN beings. Thousands if years ago. If you honestly believe that the people who wrote the Old Testament knew the world was round and that life evolved from other life, then you're wrong. God didn't write the Bible. Humans did. The Old Testament stories were memorized and passed down by word of mouth until someone wrote them down. So they were bound to have scientific inaccuracies, because people who first told them were trying to understand the world around them. And those stories were passed down and written down. So they are WAAAAAY older than the Old Testament, and are WAAAAY older than maybe even Judaism itself. So they were inspired by God, and then told by men with a limited understanding of the world around them.

12. Well, I learned it as intelligent design. Maybe there's a difference. Very few Christians that I know are purely creationist. And if that makes the good majority of Catholics at my church heretics, then come and hang us.

13. Commonly known as hearsay n inadmissible in courts of law.

14. If you believe in God and the bible it's a 100% commitment, you can't be on the fence. So believing in Evolution is out of the picture, unless you're a cult and make up your own God. As your church is seemingly doing so.

15. So who's God exists if any do at all?

All or none..which is it?

I say none or where were they in all humankind's existence?

16. 1. The Bible is Special Revelation. Yes it was written by man, but it is God's word written through divine inspiration. God was working through man, and the men who wrote it knew that he is the author, and ensured that it says everything he wants it to. The Bible is the inerrant word of God.

2. Some of it was written down, not all of it was passed by oral tradition. Moses wrote the book of Genesis, and many other Old Testament figures recorded events and their own accounts, as well as wrote books of scripture themselves. One such example would be David who wrote the Psalms, or Solomon who wrote Proverbs, Song of Solomon, and Ecclesiastes.

17. You can't be a Christian and not believe that the Bible is inerrant. Period...

18. I am 100% committed. But I believe that God an science agree together. Scholasticism is the belief that science can fit with God's work.

19. In my opinion, the good men who wrote the Bible didn't hear it word for word from God. I think it was more like God saying the deeds and the men trying to put it into words they could understand.

20. Which God?
    R u saying other beliefs n Gods r bunk?
    Contradictory beliefs is tantamount to calling other religions liars. Is that correct?

Summary: all Gods exist or none n its not picky choosey.