A SMASHers Guide to KaW

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Snoopy, May 25, 2016.

1. A SMASHers Guide to KaW

Wassup SMASHers! Welcome to Kingdoms at War!! Kingdoms at War(KaW) is a sibling game to SMASH. KaW has been around for almost SEVEN years now. SEVEN YEARS!!! That's a loooooong time, and the game is really going strong.

I know that joining this game can be very confusing and difficult, but I hope that this guide will help you understand the general basics of this game.

*Links to other threads about KaW in appropriate section*

So let us begin!

iPhone
    [​IMG]

Android
    [​IMG]

This is obviously the KaW home page. Each section will be discussed for you in this guide.

Table of Contents

1.) Choosing your Build/Your Kingdom(your city)
    2.) Clans(factions)
    3.) Epic Battles(missions)
    4.) Importance of Allies and Max Plunder
    5.) What Battles(rivals) do
    6.) Conclusion

Build/Kingdom(city)

So, as the tutorial shows, in KaW you have a kingdom, this kingdom is basically your city.

The only difference is that KaW has WAY more lands, which you have to buy one by one. However, if you have received the new user bonus you should already have the first 25 lands free.

Now KaW has a lot of different builds, while it would be overwhelming to discuss ALL of the builds, but I'll go over the basic three.

Attack

An attack build is normally just what it says, significantly more attack than spy buildings.

Hybrid

Hybrids are normally a mix of both attack and spy buildings and are good for plunder, but easier to attack.

Hansel

Hansels are spy builds! They have significantly more spy buildings and stats than attack. (I am a hansel)

Clans(Factions)

Clans, or Factions, are the lifeblood of most KaWers playing time. Clans, just like Factions, are your home and where you complete Epic Battles(missions), participate in clan chat(faction chat), and get to grow close to players in the game!

It is very important to find the right clan as a beginner, and you can do that by checking out Daphnia's Homes for Beginners

Epic Battles(missions)

Epic battles, or missions, are the primary source of gold in this game. While in SMASH the game is ENTIRELY PvP. However, in KaW, you have the choice to simply just tap tap on epic battles(more in battles section).

Epic battles are different from missions however largely due to the fact that epic battles are not completed by attacking other players. They are completed by actually attacking the "monster" or "boss" of the epic battle.

You can learn more about epic battles by looking at chocolate23's Epic Battles Guide

Importance of Allies and Max Plunder

There isn't really anything that is similar to allies in SMASH. So I will introduce this to you in basic.

Allies and Max Plunder is simply this. Allies are other players that you hire, it is good to hire allies early on because it will boost your plunder, and can give you a little invisible stat boost. :)

Max plunder is important because that is how you reach, obviously, the MAX plunder possible from allies. To figure up your max plunder follow these steps:

1.) Hire a low priced ally and hit an eb or player. Check your bonus from allies.

2.) Hire another ally, one that is larger and you'd like to keep. Hit the eb or player and see what your bonus from allies is.

3.) repeat step 1. If your bonus from allies increases, hire another large ally and do the process again. If it doesn't increase, you're at max plunder! :)

*DISCLAIMER* Remember that your max plunder will need to be checked regularly as you upgrade your buildings.

Battles(rivals)

Alright so battles are the equivalent to Rivals in smash. Only difference is that sadly, the majority of KaW no longer uses what is referred to as the Battle List for growth. In smash, it is required to grow as it's the only way to level up and get things like alpha crystals and such.

However, epic battles have taken the place as the primary way to grow now.

The battle list however is still useful. If you like to have fun and make people noob rage on your wall, then the battle list is the place for you!

Conclusion

You have now been given the general basics and terms of KaW for a SMASHers understanding!

Some notable terms you need to know:

Health crystals = xtals, regenerate troops

Nobility, = nobs, can do things like change name, regenerate troops, buy speakers, and other things like that. Much like element x!

I hope that this thread helps you on your journey throughout KaW! We have some great players here, and are a tight knit community for those who actively communicate. So please join in and just have fun!

For a more in depth guide to everything KaW check out this guide:New Player Introduction

2. Slang to be added :)

3. reserved

4. Will you be posting this in Smash forums?

5. I an making a KaWers Guide to SMASH and it should be posted within the next few days on SMASH. :)

6. Thanks Snoopy!

7. No thank you for supporting! :)

8. Sweet, good job Snoop

9. I played smash for a whole 2 days. I think you did a great job bridging the lingo between games and linking other helps. Nice job snoop

10. Thanks man! Plan on doing a slang guide that connects SMASH lingo and KaW lingo, as seen in my GaWers Guide to KaW. :)

11. Quit flexing in that photo with all of that gold alot of us cant afford anywhere near that much gold :-(, this is discrimination against all the poor in kaw and thus makes op racist and should be forum banned.

12. You gonna make a guide at least put all platforms in the op. Idevice and droid are totally different from each other.

13. That's not what he is translating. His topic is gamers that play smash that dabble here. Apple/Droid don't apply. If they are on 1 device, then they only see that platform

14. Get used to it, its just his racist scheme to make all otherkin gendergoats feel unneeded so that they will get depressed and co... *Sound of rope catching a body*

15. snoopy got 106b out start stealing boys

16. As postman said, my general scheme of this thread is just a run through of each basic section, as I also don't not ever had a droid, wouldn't know. :)

17. Smash people are cool, as long as we don't have PimD players.

18. Haha Smash is great, it is surprising however how many don't know about KaW. I've asked around near 50 and half of them didn't know ATA had any other games!

19. Love it!..

20. Nice job Snoopy! This is goin to help out a lot of smashers 