a review of event

Discussion in 'Wars' started by PuNcHy_MaCHiNE, May 24, 2015.

1. Going back on topic, being a war game and all, I think all players should be automatically signed up. I'm in OSW and we were under instructions to put targets first, pvp event second, which is understandable. It would have been nice to had them in the pvp event, since OSW is after all, pvp.

2. Logged 140 mith for the event, lucky me, unlucky for you. :shock:

3. Agree it is very strange if ppl r in OSW n not in PvP also goin for plunder spell rewards. Contradictory to say the least if not supporting PvP.

How does that make any sense?

4. @nighthawk

Not naming any clans in particular (this is not an OSW thread) but perhaps a reason lots of people from one certain family decided not to join was they thought it would mean less incoming for them if their opponents all casted. They could maybe grow or raise strip funds while their enemies looked elsewhere.

Personally, I had about 15 players blocked from my OSW opponent who had casted. After I checked them, I tried looking outside OSW, although twice I helped out on strips performed on targets that hadn't casted.

I just feel it's a war game, so why not throw everyone in to begin with.

5. I entered an alt for fun n plunder was awesome n better than HtE. 3 day goldfest.

6. @Frog

If we threw everyone in, the result will be just like the first pvp event. Accounts who cater to the pure-eb circle will be e-mailing devs and give them a piece of their minds.

7. Lol Punch. Nicely done 

8. I can see ur reasoning but on the other hand a 3 day test is not that big a deal.
    The test data would be a better sampling.
    Just an observation is all.

9. They could just opt out.

10. I'm now bored of pvp event format. It's good to see folk hitting players and not eb but they get a bit dull as clans open their ps and hit away on alts.

I did find a new fun game in hitting those in the event from outside, making it pointless for them hitting back 

11. @46

I guess we have to look at the reasons people would not want to opt in? Don't want to bank? Have a strip bank out with trillions out? I'm not sure these are good enough reasons not to have compulsory participation.

12. Well ppl can hunt down the OSF still.
    Post in cc any that r found.
    Top 10 can be done without hitting OSF.
    Top 100 easily done for many ppl.
    Top 500 is very easy

13. Any reason an EB only peep has is simply one dimensional. Cannot claim eb's pay better.
    The lance paid very well for a freebie.
    The spell was an added bonus for huge gold.
    Other perks eg mith was also big savings
    A 3 day event is not askin for much IMO

14. I had this same issue. whereas in first 2 events mith dropped ever 3-4 hits. now, while i realize the original drop rate was too much, i feel it went from one extreme to another. the third event and this event both yielded 0 drops, with approximately 80% of my active time holding a lance.

Just my thoughts.

on the topic of the event in general i truly enjoyed this one. unfortunately i fell asleep 48 hours in for 10 hours and fell irreparably behind. thats what i get for attempting to no xtal this one.

15. I made top 250, missed first day, no xtals. I spent my first day actually hitting from the BL (thanks to all that hit back!) Then realized top 500 would have been out of reach by not hitting smaller and osf's. Don't know why some didn't earn mith, I made around 100.

16. I'm in AJ's camp. Just 10 mith in 3 days. I spent more than I made.

17. Paid £15 for my banner and legs along with the xtrals and seals that came with it, I got back what I paid and then added equipment :p

I am living prove that your theory of the biggest spenders win events, is false, in top 100 I do believe that people spent £50+

But way I see it, it's greedy people complaining about other greedy people spending more them.

But about this event? I'm quite surprised none of you fouls relised that devs was testing out the new LB event and layout. Why do you think it was gold rewards and things you can either buy or get during normal play :|

18. This has to be the funniest thing I've read on this thread, top 500 wasn't "very easy" to reach at all lol.

Sure you could reach it without spending anything but it still needed you to invest a lot of time into kaw during the event, time that most people wouldn't have been able to put into the game.

Top 100 and above you needed to start paying for along with the time investment.

19. Without divulging sources I'll stand behind my earlier post above.

500 was easy if ppl wanted it.
    My Hansel alt had no problems.
    No xtals..lance won n lost constantly
    Good plan n intel n no OSF.
    Slept once garland completed.
    Searched BL for Lances as needed.
    35 mith dropped.
    Anyone out of top 500 lacked the effort.
    Last night i played til 3am to ensure my reward

20. i think you missed the part where i slept for like 10 hours entire event, had a lance probably close to 90% of event, and still failed to top 500. it wasnt lack of effort. it was a failure to get drops due to the random system.

which i actually like. i would get 30+ drops one unload, then i would spend the next hour in pin getting 1 drop every 10 minutes. then the next hour 3 drops a regen.

honestly, it wasnt easy to get top 500. i place 600 something. there were easily 1000 ppl this time around. probably more. but at 1000 half got top 500. which isnt easy. just doable.

unfortunately for some of us, RNGesus wasnt with us. shown by the many of us with lances whole event and next to no mith drops.