A Proposal to Bring the All-Star clans into the EE Wars

Discussion in 'Wars' started by The_Philosopher, May 12, 2013.

1. On this topic, any EE clans?

2. @the worm on page 2: 'So basically you are proposing etc noobs etc'

Right now, there are 42 clans with Prestige above 1000. That amounts to roughly 1800 EE hitters in those clans, the ones with positive war records.

Are all others beside those roughly 1800 kingdoms noobs?

3. That was directed to the Worm on page one. Gotta learn to do that gray text box thing.

4. I would join. Sounds like fun.

5. I agree. That comment was rather insensitive thing for the Worm to say. Some clans like Seven Sins get their ass kicked in almost every time they war, but they are still coming back and asking for more. Much respect to clans like these.

We must also remember that winning is not only symbollic. It gives the winning clan a clear future advantage in the form of mith to buy red paladin equipment and the estoc edge to make more in EBs. In short, the system is designed such that winners have a better chance to keep on winning and losers will also keep on losing.

6. It would be fun. Sometimes a no-rules brawl is what we need. In many ways, tracking ruins the fun of the wars, and the peer pressure within a clan can also suck. These all-star clan wars would be a good stress-reliever.

7. @seph yes they are ee noobs because obviously if they were organized warriors they wouldn't lose more than 50% of the time. You can't blame matchups for more than 50% losses.

8. I'm not trying to get anyone called intensive 

The Worms fought hard to get matchups, and overcame more difficulty than most others to do so.

But I've been stomped in enough EE Wars to know that losing doesn't make all losers noobs.

Also, was in the S1ns vs WL HellHounds match, they beat that ass down. Good fun, but an additional/alternate matching scheme would be fun. Bring some good hitters back into the wars and expose more players to other aspects of the game.

9. And never once did I blame a matchup for a loss. A loss is a loss, regardless of matchup or build.

10. EE wars are a fail 50 clans at most sign up out of all the clans in kaw what a joke I can't even get into a EE clan bring back good old mith sales screw the EE wars

11. lol so, you got it all figured out now, have you? Exactly what percentage of losses can be blamed on matchups?

Let's take the seven sins example again. The only clan I see them warring against with a worse record than them is No Bully Network, which has since abandoned EE wars altogether.

12. How could you even say you know more about ee than the worms when from the looks of your profile you haven't done a single ee war?

13. @ worm

As my original post stated, losing clans have to first look within to find the reasons for their losing. However constantly matching low prestige clans with high prestige clans just because the high prestige clans are better at manipulating the matchup system is not something to be proud of. Also labelling them all noobs also seems like an insensitive thing to say.

14. What would you rather me call them Phil?

15. I like the idea but I will have to give it no support.

Why? Because it'll take away from the ASW event. The ASW should be the only event to have specialized clans with extended rosters,

16. I preferred the asw style to the current system.

17. Why is that? With EE wars going on, i highly doubt ASW will remain with the same system as the past.

18. As someone in a pm just pointed out to me, lots of players get turned away from EE clans because "their BFA is too high". Isn't it ironic that ATA has developed a system where it pays to be weaker? Too much emphasis is placed on the matchup under the present system.