A New Twist on a Clan Bank - KaW Style

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Ashvar, May 11, 2016.

1. A KaW-Style Clan Bank

Dear KaWficionados, the subject of a Clan Bank has been brought up various times. I wanted to introduce a cognate idea Clan Lands, which i think would be interesting if implemented in game. Comments and critiques are - as usual - welcome and sought.

While there is no doubt that the Middle Ages were the golden age of banking

those days were more about - surprisingly perhaps - cooperation and common work. Open field agriculture was the rule until the enclosure 'movement'

And so were cooperative public works. The nature of technology and the premium that labour had over technology often dictated that approach.

:eek: wow... so - I hear you say - you gave us a mini-lecture on medieval economy; how about you move right along to KaW-content?

Well, my point is that bankers in the Middle Ages in large part worked for kings and queens loaning them money that would pay for their armies. In KaW the equivalent of those armies are lands and buildings.

So, instead of having a bank I suggest that KaW implements a mechanism for the addition of a Clan Land. Clan lands would work just as clan bonuses from EB work: Permanent additions to the clan stats.

Here peasants would toil together to build the fortresses their lords would need to wage war.

Why Clan Lands?

Well, i personally feel that it would fit better with the theme than a bank. It would speak to the ultimate goal of any KaW clan: fighting (other clans or Apherium).

It would also, I think, be more easily achievable than implementing a bank. Coding is basically there already.

Finally, it's my idea.... You come up with something better 'den.

How do We get Clan Lands?

Simple, it would be a matter of gathering resources from the bounty of KaW and setting aside a percentage of it for the greater good of the realm, as with the corvée.

CHEESECHASER overseeing resource gathering in Clan Lands

The easiest way to do so would be to allow the clan owner to set a percentage between 1% and 20% of the income from any EB run during the day to go towards purchasing lands and buildings.

The Clan owner casts a spell and the levee goes into a Clan Land fund.

Why do I say the Clan Owner? I want to reward clans that stick together, families where there is unity of intent. This will promote clan discussion and strategy. You like to strip people? Build extra spy building. You want your clannies to focus on attack but don't want to surrender defensive power? Build ADT on Clan Lands. You want to help your sub clan? Send a few bigs over for a while.

BUT....

you really need to trust your clan owner to start something like this.

How often do you get to do this?
    Well, a corvée would not be extracted all the time. One day per week this clan spell is free, it can be bought for real $ for a maximum of four days each week.

After all construction in the Middle Ages was not instantaneous.

Which Land is Clan Lands?
    This is an important question and I am asking for community input. On the one hand it may be easier for a Clan to build up a sizeable amount of money from EBs that it is for an individual account. So setting Clan Lands as a replica of Osman Rai could be good. It would help small and medium builds catch up to the big LBs. But as I said i would like your input.

2. Comments and Updates

May 11 - First Summary of Comments

1. The Clan Lands are meant as a boost to CS for the Clan.
    2. The boost may be best thought as a % based one for individual clans like the Abyssal Blade as you troops/spies decline in number so does its efficacy.
    3. There should be a limit to how much CS it will add (50M -80M CS?).

3. This sounds interesting

4. Good idea! This actually sounds really interesting and encourages clans to stick together and work together. We need more clan oriented features.

Will they work the same as normal CS for every individual player? And have troops and spies? So the idea is you attack other clans lands directly or...? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get some clarification on how it'll all work.

5. Hi,

Thank you for the question.

Yes, I envision it as an addition to CS to all clan members in both PvP and EB. It would have the same buildings another land has so spies, troops, ADT, SDT.

My idea is that it would help with specific sides of the game. For example it would increase the size of builds and so increase the amount of gold they get, thereby increasing a bit their growth speed.

6. So if the CS from clan lands was 30M CS for example, all clan members would have an extra 30M CS added to their stats, in however the clans were set up (attack, def etc.)?

7. correct. So this opens up various strategic possibilities.

You build SDT on Clan Land to protect your members, your gold goes down.
    You want to strip, you go PS on Clan Land

etc.

8. Lmfao

This is a joke right?

Cuz I sure am lmao

:D :D :D

Even this is exploitable and part of the reason devs want entertain it. Anything that can boost stats, rapid bc, transfer funds from player to player, just won't ever happen. Just hard truth.

Though this whole suggestion and many similar ideas almost word for word. Hmmmm. Have some merit and would be nice, but fat chance.

Kind of childish looking, but ok effort.

9. How do you exactly transfer funds from player to player in a system where the funds are taken from EB drops and placed in a fund that can only be used to open and build on lands that are tied to the clan in which the EBs are run?

How do you exactly effect a 'rapid BC' if the lands are just 1 out of 6 and are not an account but a clan feature (like an EB bonus)?

10. As long as it's not outrageous stats (i.e. like BC is 500M CS now), it could work. It certainly adds another element to PvP.

11. Very neat idea, but I was curious. How exactly would the stats play out in this? Would it be like a temporary stat boost while the land is available? Also, would everyone get an equal amount of lands, as in everyone gets 25 extra or how would that work? Then my final question is this, while I agree KaW is a more medieval styled game, would it be necessary for it to only be available 4 days a week considering that devs would acquire more money if a 24/7 availability were in suit.

12. The lands are available all the time, not just 4 days...the ability to put gold towards the land is limited to 4 days.

13. Ahh okay thank you, misread that part.

14. At least that was my understanding.

Maybe there could be no limit to gold put towards the lands when PvPing?

15. How can you not comprehend what I said? Go read again, a little slower this time. I said they won't support those three types of banking systems.

16. Hi,

A. I would see everyone benefitting equally from the increased CS. So if Clan Lands have 10 lands for a 10M CS boost both you and I get that benefit.
    B. If tomorrow a new land is opened and we have 11M CS and 11 lands we both get that if we are in the clan.

The question is - are the troops immortal? Do I get a permanent boost like I do with the Castle? You could go two ways there:
    1. You get the permanent stat boost but cannot use it when you are troop or spies zeroed.
    2. The Clan Lands work as a % based equipment i.e., they help less as you troops and spies are used up (As with Abyssal Blade).

C. no necessary limit to it.

17. Sounds good. Having the "bonus" as I will call it drop as your troops is used up is a good idea, considering that it could be a more equal ground with everyone.

So it would work more like, say, a Fog of war spell from the alchemist, but bonus % drops as troops drop?