Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DeltaForceGM01, Oct 6, 2018.
There isn’t a poll saying 11 seats gained.
You should know by bow that polls are false,
Most polls only poll about 800-2000 people there are about 100 million voters each presidential election that is not only to small a sample size but most polls pick certain areas that swing either way unless they poll everyone and everyone chooses to answer truthfully the polls can never be accurate
That isn’t what a +11 swing means, do you have any political acumen?
Polls are not false per se but they do have a margin of error of course.
Yes I have political sense. There will not be a 11 swing. Polls are heavily sampled for the Democratic Party. Democrats have been losing elections since the Obama presidency, non stop.
Democrats don’t even have a platform. The Democrats base is the radical liberals which is such a small percentage of the population.
Presidential polls are a whole different issue because the polls predict the popular vote not the EC.
When the polls were giving Hillary huge chances to win and then she lost the EC. A lot of people started thinking that polls were a pseudo-science but in the reality the polls worked and Hillary did win the majority of votes but she didn’t get the votes in the correct places. Which is something the polls didn’t take into account (which they should in future elections).
The president who loses the popular vote so rarely loses the election that generally the polls can predict the winner just from the PV.
Maybe there will, maybe there won’t, traditionally speaking the party in power loses big in the midterms because as Trump said they get complacent with having the presidency.
This isn’t a traditional president. He actually getting things done. Polls are wrong. You can see it in the media.
Every single statement here is irrelevant to the next.
1. His rhetoric isn’t traditional but his actions are fairly normal for a Republican President.
2. All presidents get things done you just don’t recognise it unless it’s something you actually want.
3. Um no. Polls are not wrong polls are actually highly accurate within the margin of error.
4. See what?
1) yeah you must of just woke up. He doesn’t act like any past republican President.
2) Obama’s got things done.....broke America. That’s what socialist do.
3) polls had trump losing by a landslide. That’s not within the margin of error.
4) you not watching your cnn ? Obama is mia lately. If he thought their was something there he be all over the place. No instead they bringing Hillary back out Lmao ! Your polls are wrong.
1. Actually he does his policies are the same as Reagan’s and Bushes
2. When Obama came into office the Dow was at 8,000 he finished at 20,000. I don’t know much about his other policies like Obamacare etc.
3. I don’t know what polls you saw but the ones I was looking at predicted a close race but a landslide popular vote victory for Hillary. Pretty much exactly what happened. 100,000 voters across 3 of the rust belt states determined the winner of the 2016 election.
4. I don’t watch cnn and Hillary is not a great candidate, I don’t know where Obama has been probably on holidays since he is rich now. Nor do I really care what the democrats do or don’t do.
I think they are a pretty terrible political party.
Dr Fraud has no admitted she made the whole tying up
Did she? Where?
. So if men should have no say in whether or not the woman keeps the baby if she wants to keep the baby and he doesn’t want to then why should he have to pay child support
Women don’t want to be told by the government what to do with there bodies......men shouldn’t be told what to do with their money. Men should have the right to choose supporting the child or not. Women can’t have their cake and eat it too. Especially when both were irresponsible in the first place. That’s what abortion turned into anyways, a form of birth control. Whoops missed the pill. That’s ok go to planned parenthood. Straight bogus.
It’s a false equivalence. The fetus has no autonomy or personhood. Once the child is born it needs food, shelter, etc those aren’t free.
I know a single dad who gets child support from the mother because she is far richer than him and doesn’t want anything to do with children. It’s not always the men who pay.
End results of the midterms.
Republicans have so far won 3 senate seats in Indiana, Missouri, and North Dakota. (Also likely Mississippi and Florida)
Democrats won 1 senate seat in Nevada (likely Arizona too) we should be looking at a 53-47 or 54-46 split
Republicans got hit hard in the house losing between 38-40 seats and losing their majority.
Democrats kept all their previous states and picked up Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Kansas, New Mexico, Maine, and Guam.
Republicans won Alaska from an independent.
Overall takes from this election.
Democrats were burdened in the senate due to defending 25 seats and republicans only 8. Republicans still turned out in large numbers in what is a particularly energised Democrat base.
The House was a crushing defeat for Republicans and I think we can expect several investigations and supoenas on things like tax returns against Trump although the fruitfulness of such tasks is dubious at best.
Barring any massive shift from the DNC Trump will likely win again 2020 for him to lose it would require a couple of things:
1. Economy to crash (not looking likely)
2. Mueller or House Investigations to turn up something really damning (possible but democrats shouldn’t get their hopes up)
3. Democrats to stop picking the same old candidates and go for someone new who will energise the base, if they do want to go with an older candidate, Biden is the only one who can win in my opinion, anyone else would be a disaster, they shouldn’t pick a woman either. Not because a woman can’t handle the presidency but because males get more votes, have a woman VP first.
The republicans didn’t really lose anything they didn’t expect to lose. Had they wanted a better night? Of course they do.
However, in terms of historical significance, it’s not as great as the dems wanted it to be. It certainly doesn’t compare to the 94 and 2010 midterms.
However that didn’t stop Tom Perez from going on tv and letting out a giant, nasty wet-fart, catching it with his hand and taking a giant whiff of it to profess how great the dems are. I mean, it’s not like two years ago the dems blatantly rigged a primary for H-Dog even after the Sanders campaign screamed bloody murder two months before the documents went public. I guess our memories are short round here in amurica...
My absolute favorite part of the night was the lovely 78 year old Botox queen from California, Nancy Pelosi criticizing republicans for “passing a tax bill in the dead of night” as if we have all forgotten her famous words, “We have to pass the bill for you to find out what’s in it” regarding the AHCA remark.
It’s a good thing she already has her drapes picked out for her new office. I mean, nothing screams positive change for a country more than Nancy Pelosi...
Congratulations dems! It’s going to be fun watching your leaders devour each other for the opportunity to run for president. Let’s just hope this time, whoever wins the nomination, does so legitimately and legally...
Yes the result was very expected. I can’t recall it ever happening where the party in power made a net gain in congress while in power.
What was amusing to me is when you have people like DOMO claiming a ‘red wave’ is coming. I don’t even think the democrats that professed a ‘blue wave’ got one. This was a pretty run-of-the-mill expected result, maybe a blue tide but no wave.
This result also really doesn’t mean much for the 2020 presidential election because turnout in midterms is always horrid. People only care who is in charge - the real power lies with congress.
I expect another very fractured democrat primary in 2020, what will be most interesting to see is if we get some Republican contemporaries challenge Trump or he will have an easy primary like Obama in 2014.
Really the senate results is really all that matters. Trump gets another Supreme Court appointment and it’ll pass easy. The house seats that were lost......well I’ll blame john McCain. His down vote on Obamacare (just to obstruct Trump agenda) has put the healthcare into major disarray. Can’t move forward on better healthcare legislation until someone can agree on policy. The dem controlled house won’t help pass legislation to better their citizens but most likely jam up the works with shadow investigations on the Trump Administration.
Losing the house was a surprise to me, especially some of them that actually got elected. Didn’t make any sense. How does someone in support of American citizens joining terrorist organizations get elected??
I support my party. I like when people jump on the band wagon and slam me for stating that might be a red wave. I was going by how the economy, employment rate, and immigration was playing a major role in people’s minds. We saw and felt what Obama’s policies did to the country. I’m just now climbing out of the hole he dropped us in. Why would anyone want that crap to happen again? So I’m disappointed.