A Cast of Falcons: Chapter Five - Search and Seizure

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Agreed, 407 hits & I'm 114ml cs yet I made 655 drops? That's completely ridiculous. At that rate I'd haft to max xtal every eb & stay on hitting exactly every hour with out fail just to get maximum amount of drops.

2. Thats what ATA wants 

3. Rebalancing drop rates,what a joke,Rebalancing ATA's bank accounts more like it,seems they are trying to milk this app for as much as possible before it's death.It seems the only eb's that are affected by the balance are LotL and Asof my smallest acc Less than a third my cs is getting more drops than this account,but then he's a spy build so that makes sense.

4. Exactly. I consider myself a fairly active player, trying to unload at least every hour when I can. Past events were completed between 12-14 days, last event taking the longest due to the prior "rebalance". Now? According to my own personal drops they were reduced by more than 50% it seems. A casual player is going to be extremely hard pressed getting 15k without using xtals now. Which honestly isn't an incentive for me to run out and buy any. It sort of has the opposite affect at this point.

5. Nice way to increase xtal spending. Except I have 2 alts, I play also. I will not be buying xtals for them anymore. In case you are having trouble with the math on it. I was buying xtals for 3 accounts. Now I'm reducing the buying of xtals to one account. You just made it impossible by reducing drops to play multiple accounts. I'll be doing the shorter epics now instead of asof and lotl. One more question. Why shouldnt epics that require more strength to complete give more drops? Didn't I just take 5 years to get strong enough to hit more powerful epics to be able to make more gold to build on the higher more expensive lands that cost a ridiculous amount to build on? So i take it this is my reward for succeeding in getting to the point I'm at now? Thank you ata forsaving me xtal money. Sorry for your reduced income though.

6. [​IMG]

Just solely to show proof of what I've said.

7. Second thought. I think I'll just spend my money elsewhere & drop all 3 accounts. This game isn't much fun any more. After 5 years of play, this game isn't as entertaining as I once found it to be. Now it appears, my longevity and time spent in growing this account is detrimental. So the only logical thing to do now is to quit the game. My parents didn't raise a fool.

8. Second thought. I think I'll just spend my money elsewhere & drop all 3 accounts. This game isn't much fun any more. After 5 years of play, this game isn't as entertaining as I once found it to be. Now it appears, my longevity and time spent in growing this account is detrimental. So the only logical thing to do now is to quit the game. My parents didn't raise a fool.

9. Agree 100%, when the drops on lotl and Asof were raised we pushed in our clan to run these ebs at a decent pace to make goals (the 15k being the highest), meaning more using crystals and crux to do so, so downgrading these eb drops at this point is insulting and does not give other clans that are close to the point of pushing to run these ebs instead of the lower ebs which can be ran faster and ultimately end up with same drops now without using crystals!! I just don't think our clan should have to change ebs to smaller ebs when these are the best fitting for our clan, and we are still trying to make gold as most are building in abyss and the new lands which are very pricey!!

10. Fair points.

I agree rebalancing needed to occur to change the 30 hits max drops problems. However they seem to have made the situation worse.

Surely they could have adjusted their algorithm so that it 1) prevented half an unload for max drops while 2) Still allowing players basically active the whole eb able to get the max amount of drops. Roughly anyway, after accounting for build size etc.

I have yet to hit any ASoF or LOTL for this event but from players have said here and what I've seen in histories getting those few extra drops in the last few days for the next tier is going to prove difficult.

Once again another update that hasn't considered all the consequences. They accounted (some what) for one problem only to bring about even more for the majority of the player base.

Such an update seemed good when I first read it to prevent minimal hits for maximum drops. However given what I have seen they are still hurting the rest of the players in the process. I'd say they've made it worse if anything.

11. Exactly why this game blows

12. I do wonder how much of the "Everyone gets a trophy" pervades this thread. No one seems to think that a top tier is really that, a TOP Tier.

No one should hit 15k without busting their ass AND spending some money. ATA is a business.

I don't go into a burger joint and expect my meal for free just because others around me paid.

This game is playable and fun without spending money, will you ever be LB without spending wads of cash, NOPE. Nor should you.

They needed to NERF the exploit that was being used, most complained because they didn't have the money or clan connections to do the same.

I slug through EB after EB, I use cruxes and Xtals on a limited basis, I do not jump around and I do expect a decent payout for my efforts. Do I expect Top 100 or even 1000, nope. Do I hope to hit a decent tier Yup. 15k would be nice, but unless I put in the effort and the cash I wouldn't count on it.

Stop looking for a free lunch, put on your big boy pants and earn your rewards by hitting and OSF in weekend PvP

Oh and if your gonna quit, just quit and stop whining

13. @Dread

No one expects to hit "top" prizes without money. As they continuously change its a given you haft to spend to keep your spot. This isn't the problem.

Stationary Tiers should be obtainable through normal progress. Asof & Lotl are the hardest battles in Kaw. It only stands to reason they should drop the most. Players push to run them in their clans so their members can meet goals easier. This is all completely fair & realistic.

The change they implimented undercut & hurt more people then it helped. "Clans can run Asof/Lotl in 2 hours". Yeah a clam full of BC players running xtals should be able to do that! Verses I was in for 9 hours for 655 drops!? There's no realistic way to remotely justify that change.

14. They might not have raised one but they certainly got one

15. Does this mean kaw raised you to be a fool?

16. Normal activity should not equal top tier IMHO, and in that same 9 hours with that many players and size you could have run destroyer or Ghostie EBs and made more.

People have gotten spoiled and expect top prizes for minimum effort.

Should a small clan struggling to complete Depraved earn less drops than a BC clan running Top EBS?

The problem isn't in the drops, that can be balanced better sure, the problem is the ungodly equipment that has the same stats for a 2m CS as it does for a 400m CS.

17. @ Dread

Bigger battles dropping more is completely fair. Running destroyer or ghost battles at the size I am is a compete waste of time & energy. More often than not it takes more time starting the battle (15 min wait) then actually finishing it. Combined with in large clans hardly anyone would profit item wise simply because of how small the battle is.

Now before suggesting going to a smaller clan to help them finish faster, that breaks clans apart & does not make more profit. You most likely end up in a clan taking 1-2 hours to do a tier 4-5 battle which still results in a loss.

Granted the drops of smaller battles should have been tweaked per tier to reflect the actual difficulty & time. This still does not justify screwing over larger clans that are strong enough to do b2b Asof/Lotl.

Consider this, Asof & Lotl are open to all for free. The fact that they yeild huge drops is incentive to grow & start doing these battles more frequently. They were designed to allow players to hit higher tiers without spending the money required for hte.

Hte results in 100 items every 20 minutes which means 300 per hour. In the same 9 hours that's 1.2k drops easily with more gold & less hassle.

Lowering Asof & Lotl only hurt the players that can not afford to buy seals frequently. Those who were abusing the system were still maintaining a profit margin for the devs.

Buying xtals to unload 6 times with 300% at last 25% to get 1-1.3k drops in 10 minutes. This was still maintaining a profit in xtal purchases & still accessible to everyone.

The rest of us were relying on 1-1.3k a day from the results of running a b2b Asof/Lotl combination in 12-14 hours. This was not an exploit to any rule & fairly allowed us to maintain 15k tier without costing a arm & leg while keeping everyone happy & things in balance.

18. Drop amount sucks 

19. So is that to say skimming pays more or you need to xtal to max the drops from an EB?

20. They cut the amount based around size of players by half. Meaning you need xtals to hit the same reward amount you were use to. Taking the privege of being a large player & getting better drops away. Effectively killing incentive to grow & get more for less work.