A Cast of Falcons Chapter 6: Let's talk the change

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by [ATA]Charlie, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Thanks for shouting me out Charlie :)
    Change needs to take time, not to be rushed.
    Yes you have your ata team thinking with these ideas too. It's always great to hear what the community says about it.

2. Ya let me buy more then 500 pots at a time on my iPhone ! Lol

3. Perhaps it was the maths..

Builds with less BFE, BFA and some even 30m lower in state were significantly higher in CR.

4. I noticed that too, Dread.

5. It would be neat to add where successful PvP actions could generate event items like travel stones (or the components that idk the names of)

6. I've noticed that there is no prolific plunder spell at the 2000 event item tier(I know sb's have increased to 2k). Was this an intentional omission?
    Can you confirm if it's just plunder decrease you are reverting or other changes that you also made, or is it all going back to original format?
    Thanks in advance.

7. Correct me if I'm wrong Chuck :D

But this was to reflect power per troop for the new buildings, which are not being ranked correctly. The current ranks you based on total stats, bfe and bfa. The new system would have reflected power per troop, bfe and bfa.

8. The Math is something we always been somewhat protective over... Don't know if I can comment on that.

But I agree the change made some weird things happen and it just didn't "feel" right which is a big problem.

9. Well, I'm not going to say anything new but I'll add my bit. As it's been already said many times, Hansels get higher plunder, hence more event drops from ebs.

Concerning to the plunder, I'm OK. Every build has pros and cons and I don't mind getting less plunder but, instead, I'd like that event drops were related to # of actions since, we, attack and tank builds, get barely any plunder off spy actions and we also get less plunder in attack, as well.

Again, I don't mind getting less gold than hansels but I'd like that event drops reflect the time/xtals put into the eb, and not the build plunder.

10. How do you test changes before they're released? It seems changes are occurring that are different to the intended result. Will this be worked on in future?

11. Change is good if it improves majority of the gaming experience. Plunder drop? Bad. Higher event drop changes? Good.

But saying to a player, "Hey, you are too overpowered to hit that eb, we need to nerf your plunder. Go hit the eb that suits your cs."
    Players would stop growing because many of us don't like the way the higher tier ebs are being set-up  the eb equipment requirements, separation of attack and spy stages, the enormous time and damage requirements to finish them.

Change the mid-high tier ebs first before creating a plunder ceiling and cs ceiling on each one.
    Reaching Osmon Rai is an effort and dedication so why not give as an advantage for that? The dual-growth of cs through Abyss buildings and Osmon Rai buildings should have a rewarding experience corresponding to the upgrade price of the buildings.

12. Agreed. Plunder is the type of builds due. Whether they be BC or non BC attack etc.

Events should be about activity and time put in.

I recognise BC accounts will have an easier time of it. However builds shouldn't be penalised when putting in a great deal of effort while others have minimal hits for max drops.

Make it about activity.

13. Exactly. Also the change resulted in basically the devs telling players they need to go somewhere else and hit a harder eb.

How does that work for clan loyalty?

Another slap in the face to clan loyalty. Those who want to help their home clan are being negatively effected.

14. I agree, differences in plunder between builds (and differences in general) allow for dynamic and interesting strategy. And event drops should be based more closely to work and actions.

In the games current state, event drops are determined by a interplay of a few factors. But mainly actions and player size. Interesting things have been happening that has caused two different builds to generate much different event rewards even though actions and size are close. I am still interested in addressing this change, but I do not currently have a timeline for it.

Another question: What are peoples opinions on the state of Spy, Atk, Hyb + other builds like Tank etc.?

15. I have noticed its seems to be a lot harder to get drops as well really seems ata has been sneaking a lot of changes and telling us after we catch it.Always love the way y'all sugar coat stuff after the fact how do you expect us to trust you

16. Support the change

17. I'll take that as a "You're right, but we aren't giving you the numbers" , thanks. :D

18. I honestly appreciated what you were trying to do with the update, so I'll try to address i think a few things that escaped your attention while making the change.

1.Hoarfrost is bad-> Although its probably a small contingent of the playerbase, efficient players who want to grow as quickly as possible will skip the hoarfrost lands and jump straight into abyss and osman because they give better stats/gold. I believe this caused an issue with your change because players who skipped hoarfrost seemed to be considered much stronger than they actually were. EX. At 33mcs I jumped from 70th place to 31st place in a clan with 30mcs min requirement. My firsthit plunder also dropped from 150mil to 100mil on AFF which is a bit extreme.

2. Not making any assumptions here, but I dont know if you use internal values to decide what someone is too strong or weak for, but I think you want to use the numbers that are most commonly used in clans for those values IE. b2b AFF clans require 25-40mcs, and the majority require 30mcs, while u dont really see advertisements for Lotl/Asof clans with a lower requirement than 70mcs, and most are probably around 100? Not sure, i imagine you have better access to that data though. I also realize the trouble that spy builds vs attack builds and hf-builders vs hf-skippers give, but I think theres probably a pretty decent solution out there, I'm just not being paid to find it xP.

3. The rescaling of the silver bars was good, and the 2k items figure was very interesting, hopefully it was a mode rather than mean. However the reward tiers have no way of recognizing the difference between a big normal-low activity player and a superactive small account. I am superactive right now, only having been here for basically 3 events, but for the last two events Ive hit 15k items for that tier of rewards. It was a lot of work/time/some money to do so, I do know of similarly small players achieving it though. We do get the natural rewards of so much activity,but since the highest tier is achievable by us, we will be punished at the same time as the very people we're trying to catch up to. Not to mention that with how the game scales (where the first upgrades on a land are significantly harder to reach than the later ones, which is fair but also stunts growth at every new 25lands unlock). Solutions: better rescaling of events drops based on activity, im not saying completely remove the advantage of being able to hit bigger ebs, but I would rescale it so a non superactive large peaks at like like 5-7.5k items, while leaving it so active people at most or many strength tiers can get beyond that. This allows u to scale the sb rewards higher past the 2k event items mark without giving big builds a free pass to forever outscale their smaller counterparts without similar levels of work.

4. Somewhat a continuation of the past post, but this game currently only has two reward systems (stats and gold) but completely fails on a 3rd easily accessable reward system - bragging rights. Event badges are completely worthless, especially the pvp ones (a new badge every 2 weeks dilutes any value), and there is no displaying possible. I would scrap those badges and replace them with evolving badges that list # of times you reach a tier(i would actually limit them to 2k+, 5k+, 10k+, 15k+, top 500, top 100 for event for example) rather than what tier u got per event. This would declutter the badge system. Then u change rewards by adding emotes or titles and name color spells based on tiers within that badge, u change the profile to allow people to show off different stats (# of times participated in scrag slaying [asof], level 2 badge for getting 15k event drops 5 times total, fastest completion of any eb that you completed, etc etc.) Also, i would remove the monetary bonuses for the top 500 and top 100 tiers (just give them 15k's sb tier) and give them temporary rewards like listed above until the next event.

I'll take a check in the mail or a job, thanks.

19. Why you always right tho? =P

20. I think, in regards to event drops, the build should have nothing to do with it. If 2 players spend the exact same amount of gold on their build, their drop range should be equal. Take the type of buildings out of the equation and just calculate based on the total buildings built, number of actions contributed, and whatever small amount of randomness u want to inlcude.

Now, I think the issue with the plunder is that its more "valuable" to drop a level 1 building on a new land, than it is to upgrade each land first. That is why so many people experienced a plunder drop. Perhaps your idea was to change that mechanic. Maybe you still can, but maybe be more transparent about the effects. I think as long as nobody's plunder is reduced more than 5%, we can work with that. Slow changes are better to allow us to adjust to them over time