A Basic Guide for Off System Wars

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Estrella, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Yes and no, my thoughts are simply that all active accounts should be involved in the war. To have a 'clan osf' available like that they would need to sit outside the clan, be totally unknown, and always have gold out.

I agree that spy towers are more than helpful, having a static spy defense is great, however, I wanted to keep the guide relatively basic.Several Temple's of Clarity aren't going to keep a spy out either in my opinion, but make it harder on an attack build using their spies.

2. Yeah it can ;) If you're fairly diligent keeping your target pinned then you should pick up on it. Good comment, thanks

3. People should keep in mind that, much like hiding your good allies with small toads, having towers won't stop a strip - it will only serve to deter one or slow it down.

I love my 10 towers! I'd say if you're not a target you should keep enough to dissuade a strip (6-8) while if you're a target you would want more (8 )... It's personal though and depends on your preferences.

Keep in mind that towers are also great for system wars... Though they don't give plunder, they are great for stopping annoying assassinations and steals 

Okay I'm done - again builds are personal and based on your preferences... I personally love my build!

4. @tmh - The difference between 8-10 towers may not seem huge as its usually a difference of 1-2 more successful steals and 1-2 less steals per bar for spies but I find that difference worth it, especially if you're getting stripped 

5. Or you could go "belle build" and have one tower and not sleep. 

6. Rofl, yup that would work too but I need my beauty sleep 

7. No rest for the wicked ;)

8. This is great info Meisha even though you don't care to do riddles any more

9. Lol Lucness. Thanks and I'll do riddles with you again :p

10.  yes riddle time 

11.  GREAT guide meisha (and belle)!! And while I was cringing the entire time over the idea of this information being made widely available (what the enemy doesn't know CAN help YOU ), if it encourages more clans to war, I'm all for it.
    One slight possible correction on the spy section however; % lost by enemy on steals is stated as 1% per steal. The most recent tests I've run show that to be accurate for hits, but significantly lower for steals. Depending on factors such as relative strength etc I found the % lost on steals to be approx. 0.2% (5x less than amount lost per hit) If you want to know how much an enemy is losing per steal after a strip multiply total gold out (say 100bil) x .002 = 200mil per stl. Whereas, loss per atks = approx 1 bil in this case. If I remember correctly that means it takes around 3,000 steals to clear 1/2 and ememy's gold; over 9,000 to steal all of it.
    **feel free to test this yourself and correct me if I'm wrong. (if anyone is interested I can provide the data I used to calculate that %) there are also other forum threads addressing the change in game mechanics which I believe took place around April of this year**
    That being said, you can see the importance of 1) stripping as much gold at a time as possible to increase total loss by enemy 2) working as a team and having as many people available to steal as possible when the strip occurs 3) doing activity checks and test strips prior to a large strip to ensure the enemy is inactive and doesn't use funds from strip to upgrade or bank in attack pots 4) again, working as a team to create a strategy that includes some attacks, being sure not to pin, for maximum gold loss esp when time and/or clan activity makes completely clearing the target difficult.

Anyhow, again, great guide ladies!!

 Happy  Warring! 
     iG Family 

12. Thanks LD :) And yeah, the more you can strip at once the more effective the strip, good point.
    Thanks for your test results too ;)

13. Why teach people this? Make them learn for themselves.

14. Because.. More and more people only play to hit EB's and get nervous at the idea of off system warring. This is simply some basic knowledge to help give those players a bit of confidence to get out and try it :)

15. awesome guide,

Bump

16. I heard off system wars are hazardous to your health is this true ??

17. Lol Dis, good for health in my opinion. Isn't adrenaline healthy? 

18. dang it..... it is supposed to be between .08 and .16%.... Meisha- will you edit that when you get a chance...

And dis - off systems are only hazardous for your health if A.) you are a pure spy with allies B.) You think it would be funny to use disfuntional as your osf C.) You are a Belle Build

19. Nicely done, i like this:)

20. Very well written, there is a lot of good stuff in there. I would give you some ideas on some stuff you could add but there is a point where they have to figure it out for them self and where you don't want some info floating around where they can use it against you.... 