9 Weeks of War Data - Analysis

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Please let us know how matchups were done in terms of the stats, bfa and bfe consideration towards your dts/dtw algorithm.

2. I agree devs the match ups have been much better than last seasons wars and made for closer wars and a ton more fun ... Keep up the good work and thanks for the updates 

3. 1hr wars for me are better cause I seem to make more mith and use less xstals too. Unless the 2hr wars gave double mith, then it might be worth it.

Or...

Give winning team 100 mith each for a 1hr war,, or 200 mith for a 2hr war.

4. this may sound like a dumb question, but this is the way i see it.. through time, it looks like devs want to increase the plunder difference in war... but wouldn't you want it to be under 25% difference in plunder? wouldnt that mean that the war in itself was a tougher to fight war, meaning a better more optimized match up?
    the way i see it it looks like wars with over 100% plunder difference looks like a blow off war

5. it might just be that i'm just not getting it, could devs or someone expand or clarify a little more on that please

6. After waiting patiently for the matching data to be presented, this is a big letdown. This is just a synopsis of plunder diffential over 9 weeks, not what was promised. We are looking for the matching data used, not a score review. Given the time it took to post this, it seems u had much more info to shift through but elected not to post. Why? All most of us have asked for is transperency...

7. I would like to keep 1 hour wars. One hour wars are a totally different tactic and is more aggressive and favors different build profiles from 2 hour wars. A balance of war types ie 1 and 2 hours would be better. I think just 2 hour wars will be monotonous and make for uniform clan tactics and builds.

Secondly the new war times are worse for Australian time zones. Could war 1 please stay 1 hour later (sg 4am) and war 5 start 1 hour earlier (sg 6pm instead of 7pm). Thank you and I love the game and ee wars!

8. Why is that box there showing week 8 percentage?

9. 'Statistics'

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

10. Lol this is a joke right? This isn't data we asked for or were expecting and doesn't explain that much at all.

Kaw_admin we want to know why you keep matching clans together with a high disparity in CS? We're are those numbers? And don't try to explain it off on dtw/dts mechs because most of us know that is one of the biggest reason for problem matches right now.

Give us real concrete info, not how much plunder teams are earning!

11. Ok u all do understand that plunder total doesn't necessarily show wether it was a close match ... Right?

U changed the whole premiss of the wars with ko times and advantage .. That automatically made plunder scores closer (harder to blow out someone) did not mean the wars were anymore even necessarily just harder for the dominate side to pull away

Looking at a result like that and saying its the deciding factor in closer wars ... It's not its a result that's all anytime u make a variable like stopping people from being sat on u will close the total score gap but not the result of how the war actually played out ... New system with advantage a 20 bil lead was like a 40 bil lead before less just means the dominate side had to work a little harder at spamming doesn't change the fact that the other side never stood a chance in the fight

Once this timed ko weekend happens u will see the huge differences in plunder again( my prediction) it is my preferred way to war (set ko times) but u didn't really fix anything yet u masked it behind gimmicks IMO

This weekend will tell the real story but I'm sure I'm right

12. The dtw/dts system is flawed. EVERYONE is building towers, even gh. This increases their cs which means they can hit larger players for large plunder & they still pay out crap. It's a simple fix devs. Make it a free-for-all as far as hiring goes & just close the gap in plunder.

13. Oh Devs....you guys are missing the point. The plunder graphs you have provided don't really provide match up clarity at all. Plunder variance reflects the winners of wars, not the match up accuracy. The Random regen times allowed mismatches to minimize the plunder gaps . It certainly is not a reflection of the match up system.

An example for you,one of many, Week 9, War 6.

CS: Warlor- 162/175/25/100(m), Us= 148/155/38/92(m). Yes, 100% of Warlor could hit Us, and 100% of Us could hit them-so matched well in DTW/DTS.

BFE: All but nine players that war had ample full enchanted mith /season 1 Rancor equipment. BFA: They had Allie LB 9,34, and 177. We had 53,132, and 199. Final Plunder score: 30 B vs 86 B.

Sure hit ratio looked great, plunder gap was 'reasonable'...but I definitely would not call it a 'war', it was more like 'attempted survival.' The key Word being 'attempted'....no matter what strategy was employed, it would not have made a difference in that war. Warlor is a respected seasoned EE clan.

Fewer clans sign up for war week over week, so the pool of potential match-ups are becoming limited. I don't claim to know the answer to that, but perhaps everyone who wars should receive a level of EE, and increase the winning sides mith payout for reward? All I know, is that something is going to have to change soon, or you will continue to lose clans that are trying to participate in EE that couldn't participate in Season one. We don't want an easy war by any means, we just want a chance.

Now, perhaps you have a pretty graph for that?

14. I'm a little lost who complained about the 15 minute regen time. Then who complained about the random ko time. Just pick one devs if tracking systems are out there cough cough then they are available to everyone thus they are not an advantage. I have tracked with pen and paper and will put my skills versus any tracking system. So my clan loses an advantage because clans are to lazy to put in the necessary work to be great. In the words of the immortal philosopher Jay-z don't be afraid to be epic. P.S. ill be waiting for someone to call be a eb noob or a troll I PUT NUMBERS ON THE BOARD

15. Nice to see thanks kaw_admin.
    Appreciate the effort.
    If I may suggest one Diablo week to play devils advocate
    Though I really like tracking as some do. Others do not and favour the variable but the window is two long.
    Could you try one weekend of self choice but with a 1-2 minute window. This allows some tracking and slight advantage. 1 minute preferable.
    That I feel would propose the maximum set of statistics for your data and player feedback.

Feedback wise though I prefer set times overall I have to agree their are less blowout wars. Matches are closer and including BFE has helped in this in part.
    I'm enjoying the wars more whilst closer if not the tactical part which hopefully this will address and the tighter time limits would allow final figures.

1 hour wars keep in the mix but if rancours make them pay partial credit so they don't reward as high as two hour war but more accessible so easier to do more wars
    Nice job thank you.
    Sorry if this post causes a heart attack ;)

16. I meant me sorry to much ciroc lol

17. "Season wars" way to make it look like you didn't drop the season tourneys on their face 

18. None of your analysis answers why match ups have been awful last two weeks. I'm tried of being out matched by 50 to 100m cs every single war. And now taking advantage away is a joke.

19. Nothing to see here -- plunder scores look close ;)

20. I feel like plenty of good ideas have been brought up in this community, yet the answer we have gotten is "tightening" matchup parameters and the DTW dts. Guess what? it's not working. The hit ratio system does not work If you are not incorporating a "successful" hit ratio!
    This seems to be falling on deaf ears.
    For the past nine weeks we have sat through what is essentially the same BS over and over again. And on top of it, paying money to do so. I really don't even know why we should take part.(I say this as less and less clans even bother signing up) What other games charge their customers to play the beta version? Answer: ZERO.
    Really frustrating.