2nd Amendment: looking into Buying

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Seatbelt, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Hello there fellow kaw players!!! Due to recent events and mass shootings. I have started to get into guns again. I shot at the gun range the other day and grew up shooting when I was young but I dont know much about guns. I'm hoping to save up to get a few pistols but just one to start and get my concealed carry. However what do you think about which handguns I should get? My father in law has a 9mm glock 43. That's what I'm wanting. But what other pistols are there that are good?

2. I’m a big fan of the M&P shield. I have one in .40 S&W. Out of the box, it’s ready to go and needs no tweaking or customizing.

Sigs are great, specially the P365 as it holds the 10 rounds. Springfield XDS are a good choice. 1911s are money because they’re in .45 but everyone I know who use them for their CCW are 6” tall or taller. Revolvers without a hammer are popular as well (my Dad likes Rugers, I like Swith and Wesson’s). Ruger’s LCP is popular because of its size but can be difficult to be proficient with (not a fan of the double trigger action, although I believe they changed it on newer models).

There are a ton of factors that come into play here though.

You need to consider your body frame (important because of the bulk of the firearm and if you’ll be able to conceal it), the time of year it is (important because you have to consider what type of clothing you’ll be wearing), the caliber you’ll want to carry (what are you proficient with? What do the local police carry?)

I’m not a huge fan of the Glock. I’ve never been a fan of the design. It’s always felt too bulky and top heavy in my opinion. My best advice is to find a firearm you feel good and safe with. It needs to be dependable so avoid using reloads in it.

Let us know what you decide on when you find the one you’re looking for.

3. I'm also thinking about a smith and weston. But I know that glock 43 is good. And I just need to practise and test out some more before I do

4. Due to recent events and mass shootings you are into Guns again,
    True American, more Guns solve the problem👍
    Awesome thinking.

cacarez likes this.
  5. Or you know, move to a country that has less mass shootings.

I guarantee unless you have experience in an actual war zone with real bullets in a shooting scenario you will be too paralysed with fear to effectively aim and shoot at an active shooter.

Even soldiers trained for fighting in their first combat experience will freeze up and be unable to function properly. While the firearm will give you confidence it won’t actually protect you that well. If confidence is all you are looking for then by all means, go ahead.

6. The glock is a great gun!

7. Water pistol pew pew 🔫

8. Guns are the cancer of human creation

9. this is by far the dumbest thing I've heard in my life...and I've had to listen to roni speak