AUSTRALIA DAY

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bliss, Jan 25, 2015.

1. G'day kawmunity! Today, on the 26th of January is what us Aussies call, Australia/Straya Day!! A day where we have a reason to get absolutely munted* and appreciate the land and our diverse society.

[​IMG]

For the rest of the world that may not know what this day is, Australia Day is a holiday that is celebrated annually. It's the anniversary of when the first fleet arrived at Port Jackson in 1788 where they established their colony.** So why wouldn't you crack open a fresh ice cold beer?

It's hard to believe that Australia is a legitimate country, from our bizarre suburb names including:
    Bing Bong, NT
    Watanobbi, NSW
    [​IMG]

And Yorkeys knob, QLD
    (Yorkey must have been a popular man to have a suburb named after him.. If you know what I mean)

To our incredibly dangerous animals that are constantly trying to kill us all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But also filled with some pretty beautiful women too!

Miranda Kerr
    [​IMG]

Robyn Lawley
    [​IMG]

Jennifer Hawkins
    [​IMG]

You've got to admire the worlds views of Australia. My favourite description of Vegemite was stated like this "It tastes like Poseidon's salty butt hole."
    It's also quite strange to believe that people in this world think that Aussie accents are sexy... Mate! Are you okay?

[​IMG]

You know you're Australian when:
    - You believe the "l" in the word "Australia" is optional.

- You're secretly proud of our killer wildlife but know never to mess with drop bears.

- You understand that 'excuse me' can sound rude, while 'scuse me' is always polite.

- You know what it's like to swallow a fly, on occasion via your nose.

[​IMG]

I'd like to give a quick shout out to England for making this all possible for us to experience <3

[​IMG]

*munted- Australia's version of getting absolutely piss drunk.

**I am aware that people argue over whether Aboriginal people were the first to colonize or not. But for the sake of a clean thread, please keep arguments out. Australia is now a very diverse country!

2. All the Aussies I know have foot fetishes. Is that a cultural thing there? :|

3. I feel like there might be a breach of the ToU somewhere in this thread... But happy Australia Day...

4. If so, I get banned or, they tell me to take it down

5. Support!!! Happy Australia Day!!

Great country and great people..

They know how to jump over any hurdles..

6. Thank you ashes <3

7. Proud to be Aussie, hot women, beautiful beaches, care free lifestyle

Happy Straya day

8. Aussie and proud, forever and always! Happy Straya Day :lol: :-D

9. Happy Australia Day bliss

Here's to many more 

Let's get maggot'd 

Aussie Aussie Aussie 

10. Thank you Australians, for my favorite band of all time: AC/DC

Long live Acca Dacca!

11. Oi Oi Oi
    

12. You want to thank England, for what. Oh prolly for sending the irish there as prisoners and slaves. Good job they did, otherwise it probably wouldn't be such a great place. Big shout out to all the Irish down under.

HAPPY STRAYA DAY

Btw, I love the Australian Kiss, it's like the French Kiss but down under

14. Oops I stuffed that up

We would like to thank you for sending all your convicts to Australia, while you stay in your freezing ass rainy island.

GOD bless England

15. Happy Straya day!

Beautiful Country.

16. HAPPY STRAYA DAY

17. I'd like to thank everyone working today.
    You're all true blue!

18. Notes down TZ's. :lol:

19. Notes down TZ's! :lol: