 CUBBIES UNITE!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AshesOfEden, Oct 1, 2016.

1. My dear Cubbies of the land!

We have all suffered way too long..

It is time for us.. Cubbies of this generation, to break the Billy Goat Curse once and for all!

You see, non cubby readers, to be cursed is not a trivial thing..

107 years of not winning a championship.. yea that's part of it..

But a true curse brings a team (and the fans) tantalizingly close to victory... lifts us to dizzying hights where you can taste that trophy..

...and then..

WHAM!!!!

The curse slams us... HARD..

But nothing lasts forever.. not even curses by a goat owner (No goat jokes please.. we are seriously trying to break a curse here!)

So in this thread.. i am asking for all cubbies and cubby sympathizers to offer their support, suggestions on breaking the curse, tell us what you are doing/did to break it.. or any sort of support/pointers..

OK.. here's my first PSA to ALL CUBS fans..

If the other team is hitting.. DO NOT.. I repeat DO NOT.. try to catch the ball!!!

(I am a firm believer that stadiums should quiz the fans that are sitting in places where they can potentially affect the play to make sure they are educated in the fundamentals of baseball)

Now that I got that out of my chest..

Here's what I am doing to break the curse..

I am growing a goatee till the Cubs win the World Series!..

Get it? Goate....

Cubbies Unite!!!

*I will be keeping this thread alive with edutaintional bits on the lovely city of Chicago..

Let's keep this alive until we win the damn thing!!!

2. Is there a tldr that includes beautiful women?

3. @Rio.. yes.. yes there is..

*roll eyes emoji

TL:DR

4. Have you prayed to Allah? His disciple had special dispensation with goats?

5. Billy goat curse will rage on unless the Cubs apologize for making billy goat angry and Allah is meh so suck it :p

6. On behalf of all the Chicago Cubs fans, I sincerely apologize to Murphy the Billy Goat for kicking you out of a baseball game..

Baseball is a universal pass time where all the creatures of the lands, whether they be two legged, four legged, hoofed and horned or hairy shall enjoy.

If we win the World Series, we will allow any goat to come visit the Wrigley field for free for eternity (We are not buying beers and hotdogs though)

TL:DR (for the goats)

Baaa..baa-a..baaaa..baa

7. And I was thinking my team is lame. At least we did won something... 51 years ago. Looks like cubbies are really baseball ultras :))))

8. I'm a bit on the fence here. Without the Cubbies' curse, we never would have had Steve Goodman's "A dying Cubs fan's last request," and Doug Adair's "There's always next year."

Dooming one team to perpetual failure is a small price to pay for such beautiful bittersweet laments.

9. Here's a quick list of North American "Major" sports teams with 40 years or more of waiting for a championship..

I have ranked them on the likeliest (in my opinion) to get a championship in the next 10 years to least likely..

Please weigh in with your opinions!!

DETROIT LIONS: 46 years: The current group looks elite enough to make a serious run to get the Vince Lombardi trophy.. May be they'll sign Barry Sanders back

VANCOUVER CANUCKS: 41 years: Oh the riots.. They came so close!!! I'm so rooting for this talented squad so that ATA Devs will give us all free xtals (may be a stanly cup special equip) when they win! *roll eyes emoji

ATLANTA FALCONS: 46 years: I have Devonta in my fantasy league.. Go dirty birds!!!

PHOENIX SUNS: 43 years: The management always put up exciting teams.. One day, the chemistry will lift them to a championship..

HOUSTON ASTROS: 50 years: C'mon! You play in an air conditioned stadium! Just shut that off when the opposing team is fielding.. Make them faint of heat exhaustion!!!

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: 46 years: NFC East is pretty weak.. They just need their new QB to pull a Kurt Warner!

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: 42 years: DITTO.. Oh and bring Techmo Bowl Christian Okoye back!

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS: 41 years: This is THE team in LA.. May be better coaching??

TEXAS RANGERS: 51 years: They should let George Dubya be the coach.. And invade Iran for some outfield prospects

MINNESOTA VIKINGS: 46 years: Really!?.. You can't build around All Day?.. May be sign that Viking fan guy as your QB

SAN DIEGO SUPERCHARGERS: 46 years: Bring those powder blue uniforms back! Bring Air Coryell back! ..and call the navy jets to fly over to trip audibles..

(Note: we use to go to games in the 90's with a surfboard with the sign "Atleast we have the beaches)

ST. LOUIS BLUES:44 years: Change the name!!! May be St. Louis Hip Hop

Hockey so needs cheerleaders..

JERSEY B: 43 years: I still think they should have signed Tebow.. Hey atleast they have a better shot than Jersey A..

*Note: Die Hard sports fans know that both the Giants and the Jets play in New Joycey

SAN DIEGO PADRES: 43 years: Atleast we still have the beaches!!!!!

Baseball so needs cheerleaders

CLEVELAND BROWNS 43: Stop drafting druggies!

WASHINGTON NATS: 43 years: Is it me or all the Presidents don't really care about the Washington teams.. Hey atleast the name 'Nationals' don't offend anyone

MILWAUKEE BREWERS: 43 years: I have only one suggestion.. FREE BEER

SACRAMENTO KINGS: 60 years: What else are they gonna watch?

ATLANTA HAWKS: 53 years: OK I have a wild and politically incorrect idea.. Why not just sign those white guys who go to NCAA final four every year but never makes it to the NBA?

CINCINNATI BENGALS: 44 years: When have you ever seen an Orange tiger? OK Tony the Tiger doesn't count.. Really.. Get that uniform fixed and the eye of the tiger will follow..

OK we have covered pretty miserable sufferings.. But the teams below take the misery to the legendary levels..

BUFFALO TEAMS: (SABRES 41, BILLS 46): Hey.. Atleast you can watch reruns of Frank Reich and his Bills making the greatest comeback in Playoffs.. Dig deep Buffalo.. I have watched with the awesome fans in snow.. There is still a flame.

CLEVELAND INDIANS: 63 years: Who's here to see Charlie Sheen signed on as the "Wild Thing" Vaughn?? C'mon.. That was the Americas Team!!

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: 44 years: Deep down.. The whole city won't care if they go on the next 100 years without a cup.. Atleast they have good kiss cams

That's me at the front btw.. GO LEAFS GO!!!

10. SO MANY HAWT LADIES

11. Support

12. Ashes, it's awful that the cubs are winning. As a cubs fan I no longer have an excuse to never pay attention to baseball

13. OMG!!! My goatee is working!..

After a historic rally in the ninth, the Cubbies are on to the NLCS!!!

Yay!!!

Cheers Cubbies!

14. Hockey had cheerleaders...well at least one team did.

15. Moving to Toronto just for the kiss cam!!

16. OMG OMG OMG!!!

CUBBIES ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!

....and they will be playing.. The equally loveable perennial losers in the Cleveland Indians!!!!

OK.. in honour of these two loveable teams from the two great cities, I have pulled together an all star roster for the World Series..

Behold.. The greatest heroes of Chicago (North Side), and Cleveland!

Cleveland lineup:

Ricky Vaughn: Starting Pitcher

Wild Thing!.. you make my heart sing.. you make everything.. groovy.. c'mon c'mon Wild Thing

*Dear MLB, please let Charlie throw out the ceremonial first pitch... We all want to see Ricky Vaughn again!

LeBron James: Short Stop

We can spot a few games to Chicago before LeBron takes over..

Happy Gilmore: Second Base

Why don't you just go home ball!!!???

Hobbs the Tiger: Catcher

Watterson gets his Hobbs energy from watching all the zany folks in Cleveland

Halle Berry: First Base

Yup yup.. we all carry a knife when we go swimming at the Lake Erie beaches..

Trent Reznor, Nine Inch Nails: Left Field

If I could start again.. a million miles away.. I would win the World Series.. I would find a way

Jim Brown: Right Fielder

Forget about his records.. This dude made out with Raquel Welsh!*

*100 Rifles is a good date night movie..

Molly Shannon: Center Field

Mary Katherine Gallagher will kick yo ass.. and then repent..

Coach: Mimi

Livin' in sin with a safety pin..going

Cleveland Rocks! Cleveland Rocks!

Chicago lineup:

Murphy the Billy goat: Starting Pitcher

Murphy.. we are VERY sorry that we kicked you out of the America's past-time game.. please come back and pitch for us. We will even let you eat the outfield grass..

Elwood Blues: Short Stop

He would bring his Dodge Monaco cop car to the infield..

Ferris Bueller: First Base

Bueller... Bueller...

He'd gladly skip class to come play for the Cubbies..

Elliot Ness: Second Base

You don't mess with Elliot Ness.. He'll check to make sure you pay ur Taxes..*

*That was white-boi rapping

MJ: Right Field

Yes.. yes.. we all know he played for the other Chicago baseball team (and sucked).. but this thread is all about second chances.. and we will let our beloved GOAT (Greatest of all time) play one more time..

Oprah: Catcher

If she can handle jumping scientologists, she can handle the fastballs

Roxie: Third Base

She can get away with stolen bases for sure..

Muddy waters: Center Fielder

I was gonna go with Howlin' Wolf here but we have a goat on the mound so slotted in the Hoochie Coochie man instead..

Al Bundy : Left Field

Hey.. he once threw 4 touchdowns in a single game!

Ok... Ok....

Here's Kelly Bundy :roll:

Mike Ditka: Coach

Yea, that's pretty much THE Coach.. right there.. it's about time the Cubs become Da Bears!

There you have it.. GO CUBBIES GO!!

And the CUBBIES in the upper deck say, everyone attack and it turned into a ballroom blitz..

And the girl in the corner says boy I wanna rock ya.. and it'll turn into a ballroom blitz..

GO CUBBIES GO!

17. I curse the cubs once again. They will not win.

18. GO CUBBIES GO!!!

19. Well since we're on the topic of terrible sports teams, will no one think of the Cowboys?