✯Why Are We Here?✯

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Scrapster, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Why Are We Here On Earth?

We've been asking ourselves this question ever since the start of our existence, looking up to the Stars and the Gods for answers to not much avail. There are many Religious theories that dictate that we're here to follow God and worship him for a better afterlife. But is there really an afterlife? Is there really a God? Scientifically speaking, there is no one plausible explanation to the reason behind our very existence.

Is it really as simple as "Life's a ***** and then you die"? Or is there further meaning?

2. Re: Why Are We Here?

Reserved.

3. Re: Why Are We Here?

God exist but is a female. Her name is Hillary. If there is a afterlife will se after she push the red button.

4. Re: Why Are We Here?

Maybe we're here to figure out why we are here?
    Or to steal Primes gifs?

But if we figure out that we are here to only know we are here to wonder why we are here but to only realize we are here to figure out why we are here even though we here to figure that out?

5. Re: Why Are We Here?

I prefer to think life has no meaning other than to survive. It's up to us to live our lives to the fullest though.

6. Re: Why Are We Here?

Karmic counterbalance.

7. Re: Why Are We Here?

Lol?

8. Re: Why Are We Here?

Explain?

9. Re: Why Are We Here?

I assume it would be along the lines of, we are here to remedy the mistakes of previous lives.

10. Re: Why Are We Here?

We here cuz why not

11. Re: Why Are We Here?

Adam and eve came from another planet far far away on a holiday ended up staying.

12. Re: Why Are We Here?

Dont u know its cool to be atheist these days man, its the new fad. Everything is random brah, no meaning behind anything. Therefore we arnt accountable for anything. It allows us to live in mommy and daddy basement till age 40 and smoke weed all day bc nothing matters brah.

13. Re: Why Are We Here?

Not quite. I can't know any of this for certain, but I'd like to believe that we're all here with some purpose.
    Our paths are pre destined.

We're just puppets in a grand cosmic game.
    Every world view has to deal with the purpose of life.
    Whether you come from a theistic, atheistic or pantheistic view point, assumed in every answer is the purpose of life in that world view.

With the sheer awe-inspiring scale of the universe, I believe that it's not happenstance that we're here right now.

14. Re: Why Are We Here?

I think you're misunderstanding pretty much every athiest alive bud

15. Re: Why Are We Here?

I think i can predict what this thread is about to turn in to

16. Re: Why Are We Here?

Which is?

17. Re: Why Are We Here?

Oh, I see. Is this coming from a religious point of view, and if so, which religion?

18. Re: Why Are We Here?

Autism at its finest. If you'd rather believe some guy died and came back 3 days and this whole
    crap about god than science, go right ahead.

Who here is really wasting their life?

19. "life" compared to the un-imaginable events witnessed in the visible universe kinda makes the whole "why are we here" question seem small. At least for me.

20. Two threads within 4 hours? Op must be hungry for attention