How I Got Stripped Off The LB- A Valk Tale

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Valkyl_More_MaCHiNE, Oct 16, 2019.

1. How in the world do you expect us to believe your system is 100% secure when you cant get an asw correct, or update the leaderboard for two weeks?Devs, your you know what is showing. Fix something, jeez.

2. A few weeks ago, on a cold saturday night at 2AM, I got an email requesting a password reset for an account of mine. I had a mini heart attack, because I was nowhere near kaw at the time. Upon sending a ticket, devs assured me nothing was wrong and it was all on me, even though someone clearly tried to access my account. I am so sorry this happened to you and devs should refund you every single damn penny. Claiming your security system can't be breached is the most pathetic thing ever. National security systems can be breached and have to be actively updated on a daily basis to prevent disaster, but ata is just fine? Get outta here with that nonsense. Ata is a circus and the devs are the clowns

3. This is concerning. A member of our clan in heckfire was also hacked. All his tokens were cached in, his allies dropped, rebought, then dropped and his troops were sent to suicide against some players walls, which prevented him from shielding because of the realm wrath mechanism. The remains were advertised ffa in realm chat with a pointer to his location, saying he was quitting.

This happened around 3 am in the morning on a weekday. He woke up because of all the alerts and it was too late.

Support denied restoring his account and accused him of giving away his password. He then asked if they could send him a transcript of the logins during those hours, to which they replied, no, because they didn't log any log on events.

Day after another dev said, they did log events, but nothing was out of the ordinary, it looked like he logged on as usual in the Philippines...this guy lives in Ireland. So he explained that to support who then claimed it was someone in his household who had access to his phone. He then asked if his cat was a reasonable suspect, since he was living alone.

Then the thread was closed immediately and he was permanently silenced. So yeah, that happened.

4. Damn ATA on both games? 🤦‍♀️

5. Like I said..... SPRAGGA

6. Sorry Bro! ATA don’t do ******* ****! My account got messed up and they could careless.

TheBlackSwordsman likes this.
  7. From my understanding it is being done by forums settings, is it true? Say it ain't so!

8. F
    From my understanding of the issue there was a glitch when the new forums were released that exposed players emails. That combined with being able to have infinite password attempts enabled some players to have their accounts hacked. Valk who was one of the players hacked, was never fully compensated after spending thousands on the game and the devs pretty much fobbed him off.

9. Lmao . “Fort Knox”. One time devs gave away my account to someone accidentally becuause he emailed them trying to recover it. Whoopsies! Tore down my entire build.

TheBlackSwordsman and Mav like this.
  10. Val did you not have a small ac with same name ? That some how manage to hire ally but does not show

11. I am going through the same and the devs will not help. In fact all they do is close the tickets as soon as they can. They told me I sold my account and to bad. I am a cop and have been for 14 years now and this is still a form of theft. The develops are actually responsible and I think this is why the ignore us. I did for shats ask a lawyer at the courthouse last week and he said they are ignoring the fact and answers do to they can be held responsible and can be sued for losses and more. It makes you think if you spent as much as val did. This is ridiculous and most have played longer then me and ive been her 6 plus years. And have spent a few thousand and its all gone except some crap they traded in there account. This is crazy and it shows they don't care about us so why should we and stop going after them for what they are responsible for.

12. I think this is a case in point of how important security is on this game. Considering how much value there is attached to whale spenders, you'd expect there to be extra security options for those people (i.e. Two Factor Authentication for suspicious activity, etc)

13. Not gonna lie. Had I seen this some days ago, I wouldn't have spent like $40 on this.

Huge ethical red flags here.

ATA, I just started back after a two year hiatus and I just sealed five figures of contracts for the new year today. Sorry to say that until you ship these poor souls a refund for their losses, you'll not see a single penny of anything to come.

I actually want to vomit 🤢 after knowing I have spent ten years of my life playing this and you're treating players like this--when they have no ability to prevent it.

AT&T cost my colleagues millions in crypto when SIM porting became a thing. Now they're in hot water for a ton of $$$.

Fix your leaks, pay someone else to do it, or these wealthy folks will see you in the same boat as AT&T.

(I spend at least $1k/yr on mobile games. In previous years, I spent $300-500/month. Consider that in your replies.)

Does anyone have access to the leaked email list? I need to see if I'm at-risk. Unfortunately, I used one of my professional back-up emails to make a KaW account like 8 years ago. 😴

14. Support:

similar thing happened to me over a year ago. Took my pets, half my charms, and numerous furniture. All in a matter of less than 2 minutes. I was out of game when I got a follow notification. Went into game 1 1/2-2min later and no notification was in my news feed and the stuff had been taken. Tried to tell me account sharing. Did managed to get back everything but 3 of the pets thankfully. No system is 100% hack proof. If they want in bad enough they will get in.

15. Hey, if u regret spending and if im not mistaken you can get a refund for what you spent, a reason can be you feel that the game isn't secured as it should be, if you want me to look into this option shoot me a pm and i'll go read the terms of aggreement again lol

16. Valk thank you or taking the time to post. This is exactly the reason I will never drop another dollar on the game. I’ve spent thousands. (I honestly regret my stupidity)

There are 3rd party apps that allow cheating. “We cannot discuss 3rd party apps” is the only assistance you’ll get.

Long time players who have provided activity and revenue to this game are treated like criminals. They want locality to their game. However, they don’t provide much back.

When you play a free game. You become the product. Thank you ata for providing the perspective. Much better things in life than tap tap games anyway.

17. I wouldn’t have much sympathy if you had been stripped legit, when you live by the sword, you die by the sword, even though your a great guy, we’ve stripped more than our fair share of other great guys through the years. But to see it end like that...
    I check in on KAW from time to time and reading shiznit like this makes me glad I didn’t invest more money then I did. Very sorry to hear Val.

18. Tbh, this sums up a lot of things. I've spent like $350/mo on gaming for the last two months and I'm super glad I saw this before I closed $70k of deals in Jan. (See previous comment.)

I won't be supporting game companies that dook on their community. It's not ethical. And it makes feel malcontent about playing. If I didn't have decade-long friends here, I wouldn't have the app.

#messagingapp

19. I could chargeback, but don't want to. That's a while other class of stuff xD

20. If they don't, they're in for some pain. People don't leave moneybags like this sitting forever--And they'd be verging on (likely criminal) negligence at this stage.

No court I've ever heard of believes "Our systems are unhackable."

And for good reason.