White House website

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -_slim-shady_-, Jan 21, 2017.

1. THIS is what I suck at explaining. The legal aspect of marriage affords a homosexual the same exact rights as a strait couple it just has no place in a religious group that doesnt accept it.. To my knowledge the only thing marriage rights really affect is insurance/taxes. Maybe lenders are allowed to lend with different guidelines to married couples as opposed to individuals/co-signers but Im not sure.

2. I don't think religion is above the law. If any religion wants to practice within a country that has equal rights for all creed/gender/sexuality/whatever, then they must adhere to those laws or be forced to shut their doors.

3. I literally just said Im okay with gays being together ("married"). Just dont force that upon a church. Gays get no extra privelage/rights from doing it inside of a church and no less from doing it outside of one. So why force that? They can do it in a court and have the exact same legal right as a strait couple and still celebrate it with a traditional wedding just not in a church/institution that does not accept it. It is against most religions core values and it has no place in them.[/quote]

I don't think religion is above the law. If any religion wants to practice within a country that has equal rights for all creed/gender/sexuality/whatever, then they must adhere to those laws or be forced to shut their doors.[/quote]

You cannot force a religious group to accept people they don't want to. The government has a responsibility to protect people legally, and economically, which is why you can't refuse to serve black people, and why refusing to serve gay people causes such a stink. It's illegal. But the first ammendment garuntees freedom of association, which is also freedom from association. Churches/mosques/temples/whatever can exclude whomever they want. Just as you cannot be compelled to attend religious services, you cannot for ace a church to accept anyone they don't want to. Having said that, most churches accept even people they view as inherently sinful. That's kinda the whole point, redemption and all that.

4. Thats how it starts my guy. Thats how it starts.

Limiting public knowledge. Withholding forms of education.

5. I'm not hoping this will happen but in the past in America being homosexual was illegal and if this appointment gets confirmed he will do everything (for the rest of his life) to get that law saying homosexuality is legal overturned as "unconstitutional" which it isn't if anything that guy is unconstitutional to be appointed to the Supreme Court

6. I wasnt a jeff sessions fan from the start either. I wouldnt call him unconstitutional though. I would also have loved to see trey gowdy in that position but hes said himself he's more useful in congress. But yea, Idk how it would work since it was a supreme court ruling. To my knowledge supreme justice need senate approval. Definitely not looking good for gay marriage.

7. The only problem with people is they're asking permission to get married, any marriage is between 2 people and god, it should not concern anyone else

I know a guy who has 4 wives, he just ask the woman if she want to get married and if she says yes that's it they're married

In his situation there is no divorce so when they split up he still takes care of the ex wife, so he just marries another, and help the ex wife when she is in trouble

All these places we think are churches aren't churches at all they're 503c corporations, by getting a license from the state, it becomes a 3 party contract, 2 people are marrying the state,

No one needs to go thru any of that
    Draw up a marriage contract 2 people sign it, have a couple witness (at least 2) then record it on the public record at the county recorder or put an ad in the legal section of the news paper for a couple weeks, to give everyone notice

After 30 days if there are no objections you are married, if you recieve a notice or affidavit that objects, respond with a notice and demand, or affidavit and work it out, after 30 days it's to late for anyone to object, at that point they are trespassing and you can add a fee schedule or other punishment that is enforceable

Everyone is responsible to know what's on the public record, and the system is not set up to respond to notices so no one will ever respond,... Ever

You have to meet on the same ground if the notice or affidavit is signed under penalty of perjury you have to match it

Sacrifice is the measure of credibility

People just need to grow up and stop running to the state for benefits and privileges, because the state always reserves the right to revoke any benefit or privilege

8. Homosexuals aren't doing anything wrong, just get rid of these Hajis and we are fine!

9. It's true based on what Trump has said in the past that he isn't primarily focused on civil liberties. Obama was primarily focused on civil liberties. I doubt that part of the website will return.

As far as I know homosexuality isn't against the the law but there are old laws on the books that makes facets of homosexual love making illegal.

Mostly the only people who care about lgbtqia civil liberties are the people tied to that community. As you may or not know their numbers are comparably small to the rest of the population who don't identify with them. The acronym has grown to include more people into the group so they will have a larger political impact. I'm curious who they'll be adding in the future.

10. Umm....no America was founded on many principles one is religious freedom so no you're just wrong on that plz don't post on this thread anymore and everyone else keep an open minded it's the only way we could convince a consensus

11. Sounds like a supreme court nominee we could be proud of!!

12. Umm no that guy is unconstitutional and his wants are illegal if taken to action

13. #when the sarcasm goes completely over your head...

14. What is this thing Sarcasm? Is it like alternative facts?

15. I've read nothing about who trumps Supreme Court nominee is, or whether that person is unconstitutional in ideology or not... What is your source of information shady? From what I've seen there's a list of possible Supreme Court nominees to be considered.

16. Actually, it all starts with a long term concerted effort to foster suspicion and distrust of any facts or news that may run contrary to the narrative a group wishes to portray. Any information that tends to dispute the narratives is dismissed and legitimate news organizations are attacked.

Don't like that Obama's policies saved the country from a depression and reduced unemployment to under 5%? Say it never happened and say the media lies.

Don't like that the scientific community agrees that climate change is a real and present danger that requires action? Attack the media and scientists and all the factual evidence, and pay a shill to present your narrative - just to give a "balanced" view to the "controversy."

This is how we get to the point where people in power think using "alternate facts" is acceptable. They don't even need to hide it anymore because they know their supporters are so distrustful of the media that they will believe anythig that their group says, no matter how obvious the lie.

Doublethink doesn't start with only a lack of education (that helps of course). Facts are out there; the problem is that too many people have been taught to ignore them.

17. He is right Hitler in the 1930s said the media lied to then get away with the disappeared people such as the political opponents of Hitler and Jewish people

18. Love this extreme left propaganda you tools get fed and believe.

19. If you don't like the reality that you lost the popular vote, lie and say there were millions of illegal votes. Don't worry about providing any evidence - your supporters have been well taught to ignore facts, reality, and evidence. - alternative facts for an alternative reality.

20. Yep were still brooding over that popular vote even though we won the election. Lol grasping at straws in defeat much?