Next Mod/VK discussion

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Kezzer, Apr 9, 2016.

1. The issue is that the mods are people too and as they need to be 18+ the majority of the mods are either college/university students or they have jobs. This means that there will be a lot of times where they aren't free to be on much. Having more mods helps make the spots where no mod is around less and less common. Yes we don't want to hand it out to just anyone however is it realistic for the current mods to be on often enough to keep things running smoothly and not miss anything? Honestly no the workload is just increasing each time we lose a mod which puts more and more pressure on each. Also we desperately need more EU mods as that area is understaffed.

2. Didn't we have like 30 mods once?

3. I remember us having high 20s at the very least not so long ago. The number has nearly halved which is quite shocking.

4. Some very interesting points on here, however I would like to say a few things since we are all throwing in our opinions.

First, I would like to say that VK is more than just being helpful, it's even in the achievement description "..has a positive influence..." so just being helpful, like Chocolate(not saying he doesn't deserve it, he does) would be ignorant.

I think that in terms of positive influence, Chocolate, Ashes, and Kezzer should be recognized. I think being a positive influence means you are active in both forums and WC and do your best to contribute. As for Ashes, I don't see why he couldn't be VK if willy was a VK(love you willy) unless he didn't want it.

Second, let me start on WCs and such. I agree some should get recognition. However, as pointed out by Daphnia, most aren't very active outside of the clan they are in which causes a problem of whether or not they could ever be recognized. Maybe the making of third award, for the best and most helpful and teaching war commanders and PvP in the game would help?

Third, I think many people get overlooked do to there lesser activity in the public and are more behind the scenes players and they should be recognized, I mean, cmon, somebody would've had to suggest them at some point right!?

Which leaves me with this, that positive, active, and helpful are the three aspects which should be looked at carefully when appointing VK/Mods in the future.

<3Snoopy

5. Kind of lost its luster

6. I would love to be a moderator. I would abuse every single advantage of it for my own ends right away. No question about it.

7. Do we need more mods? No..

Vks do absolutely **** all..

And apart from silencing the whole of wc, why the hell would anyone wanna be a mod?!

8. It's a quite rewarding job to have. While it is volunteer, it can test a persons patience and self control as to whether or not they abuse the powers or not.

Also, you get to be green bean and everyone knows/loves/hates you automatically if you're active enough.

9. Let the Vkod ascension begin.

10. Bump as relevant to those who teach how to war getting VK.

11. Mods sucks.... who wants more....lol

12. I'll be honest.

To be a mod or a vk is hard and time consuming. You have to have so much patience and knowledge that you're willing to share and explain

It's like trying to teach a baby to play an instrument. They are more interested in putting it in their mouth

The only reason I ever thought of applying for it. Would be for the ability to talk as much as I like in world chat and try to bring new people on the world chat to the forums and give them the details to all the amazing guilds people spent so much time doing.

But I do think. Mods and vks are given a hard time. I especially gave some of the mods a hard time when I used to play.

But without them. The game would be such a mess and I got a lot of respect for them

13. I've played when we had a lot less mods and great service. Numbers don't make great service strip ones not active and replace them with ones that are don't just appoint more - that's a great model ( well I guess when they are free it is ) but been mod use to be a respected position now it's like ( insert word) everyone has one or is one. Kezzer will you shut up if you become mod ? If so I support Kezzer becoming a mod.

14. Truer words were never spoken

15. What about trump for prez *moonface*

16. Kezzer for ck n that .. vk

17. That's right, because they were typed...

18. Roasted.