deflate gate. American grid iron talk

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Moose2, Jan 23, 2015.

2. 11 of 12 is one teams balls. 24 balls is both teams total balls. Also I never suggested the Colts might've won that game, I only suggested what was done directly affects the game, which it does. Don't make assumptions and read what I write.

3. Bill Belichick has Also been caught cheating before. Ironically he hasn't won a Super Bowl since then.

4. Yes. That is correct.

But they have been to two Super Bowls and AFC championships since.

Look, I don't condone cheating. It's horrible. But EVERY NFL team bends rules. That's how they gain an edge. Those that don't, won't win.

Welcome to real life.

And wordwaster, I'm delusional.

5. Deflating footballs isn't "bending the rules". Its outright breaking them.

Here are some examples of bending rules......
    1. A tackle done in an iffy manner. Could go either way.
    2. Hitting a QB juuuust after he threw the ball. Could you have stopped the hit? Maybe/maybe not.
    3. Having light contact with a receiver. Was it enough to be "pass interference"? Maybe. You're pushing the envelope and the decision coils go either way.

Poking a needle into a football and removing 2.2 psi isn't bending a rule. Its cheating.

The dumbest part about this is, it was so unnecessary. The pats were clearly better. So, why be dirty? Why tarnish what could be a legacy of excellence?

The excuse "others do it too" holds no water with me. Cheating is cheating. When others do it, that doesn't give you card Blanche to do the same.

Standard bearers of excellence need to be beyond such actions. In the past as well as the present, the pats have failed in this regard. Its a damn shame, and it offers a window into the minds of the people who defend it.

6. Belicheck pushes the limits. He ended up being the reason the nfl made so many new rules. You have to admit he knows the rule book and will do anything to win.

7. Aaron Rogers is also a very good quarterback, you cant deny this. He admired earlier in the week that he likes to over inflate the football. I personally think each team should be able to do what they want with it. Hell do 1 psi for fun.

8. There are good videos on this subject when searching "Bill Belichick throws Tom Brady under the bus" and "Tom Brady's tale doesn't hold weight"
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... old-weight

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/ ... story.html

I don't know if those links will work but its worth a shot.
    I personally think the Colts didn't have a chance of winning that game as they played poorly. But cheating is cheating. The are other posts detailing how Tom Brady likes his footballs at low pressure. Therein lies his fallacy. IF he didn't know of his footballs being under-inflated or couldn't tell if they were, HOW could he be SO specific in how much actual pressure he wanted them to be inflated to?
    Additionally, I don't, for one minute, believe Bill Belichick for "not knowing" anything about it. His history of being the consummate detail oriented coach that his reputation garners doesn't track there.
    I truly doubt that the Patriots will be punished. how could the NFL punish both of their golden boys in one swoop? Both are going to the Hall of Fame but they should both have the "asterisk" next to their name. If, and only if, the NFL decides to lay out a punishment for Brady it should also go to Belichick as well. The NFL suspended Sean Peyton because he had "no knowledge" of his coaches or team issuing bounties and that should be the way that the NFL treats Belichick as well. As a head coach he's responsible for what goes on with his team. Not knowing a rule is being broken isn't an excuse.
    Just an afterthought... Did anyone else notice how many Colts receivers couldn't catch a ball that they had in their hands? Maybe they should have borrowed Brady's footballs...

9. The Pat's have been cheating at Foxboro since the the snow job to reach there first super bowl. Hey, if u ain't cheating, u ain't trying, but the least they can do is stop pretending their innocent.

10. The patriots shouldnt be in the super bowl. If i rig the lottery and win, do i get a fine and keep the rest? No. I lose it all because i cheated. Why is this any different?

11. Wether or not you believe that Brady knew exactly what was going on, or if the refs were being complacent, an example needs to be made. Brady should be banned from the game and the head ref should be fined. He did touch the ball every play. Now you pats fans will know doubt cry foul, but this is the second time this team has been mired in controversy.

A strong decisive example needs to be made. One that will be talked about for years. This will help ensure that this doesn't happen again.

Think of it like a judge picking a random case to throw the book at. It's it fair? Maybe, maybe not. This needs to happen though.

12. Because the way football works is completely different then the lottery

13. I'd just have more respect for pats fans and tom Brady if they all came clean.

Pats fans. Say something like "yes. Cheating is horrible, and our team did that
    Its a stain on our reputation and I hope we can move in and improve in the future. We didn't need to cheat, but we did anyway.
    Your team cheated. OWN IT.

And to Brady, it would be so refreshing to here him say something about how competitive this sport is, and in the intense moment of the playoffs, he made a bad decision and is sorry."

Why do sports people who cheat treat the fans like dummies?

And why cant pats fans just admit the truth and carry on?

At the end of the day, the league and almost all of America knows that the pats cheated to get to this point in the season. Their win is diminished. Denying the obvious does nothing to restore credibility or make things right.mall it does is make the patriots both cheaters AND liars. People already have one legit reason to hate the pats (multiple cheating violations). Why give them another reason? (Lying and treating sports fans like dummies)

14. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGOOOOOOS

15.  yes true ass hatbecause so many teams win superbowls year after year in the nfl..... The nfl truly is any given sunday

16. Oskieweewee!

17. While I think the patriots should be investigated, I think that a ball which was deflated is not enough to decide a game in which the patriots had such a lead in.

18. Holy Mackinaw 