Official No Match Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Why cant KA come out openly and say "ok, these are the main points we see as the issues with ee, and we are brainstorming how to code this into our system to improve ee for all". Before fixing the matching system, work on the root causes that are causing clans to stack lb/sh and throw no matches. Plunder given to reflect an enemies true strength, not their raw stats, is a pivotal fix. Is this being worked on? What is being worked on? Please no more empty remarks about "we are working on things". What things exactly? Even if you dont go into details, a dot point list of general problems being looked into would at least show kawmunnity you have taken their ideas on board..

2. Feedback you want? As if enough hasnt been presented. So you create a central thread for this to address the issue? After plaining stating you would make no signifigant changes? Are you ******* kidding me?!?!? Excuse my exasperation, but how many goddamn solutions do you want? ******* rediculous. The only conclusion i can reach is that you really dont give a **** whether it gets fixed or not. Otherwise, get off your lazy asses and DO something.

Like it or not, kaw is a pay to play game. Free? Stop kidding yourself. You are my entertainment provider. If you were my ISP, you wouldve been fired already. Fix the mess. Ive already stopped paying. Payments return when i enjoy playing again. 

3. First, thanks Devs for opening this forum up to us. Especially on a Sunday afternoon. But it is Sunday afternoon for many of us too, and we just want the game we play and love to be better all the time :D

Second, yes people will complain about everything, at every moment, if it doesn't work for their favor. Oh well. That's something you have to just deal with. So Devs, take it out of your hands... (read more for how to do that!)

Third, what say you implement a Cue style for wars?
    I want to piggyback on another post I read earlier (sorry I have no reference point).
    My thoughts:
    Normal clan signup is Cue #1, match is made. Proceeds as it does currently. Usually happens between 5-10 mins after signup ends. "Great!! We have a match!" They say. Clan Alpha vs. Clan Beta. And the kicker...ALL CLANS MATCH (unless odd man out situation) regardless of hit ratio.

At this point, clan admins have another choice to be made, getting them more involved in the process as a whole. Located on the clan war page is a choice, CLAN ALPHA DO YOU WISH TO PROCEED IN WAR #1 (whatever number it may be) AGAINST CLAN BETA? CLICK YES, CLICK NO.
    At this point, you have 20 minutes to either accept or decline the match the system has given you. If the 20 minutes lapse with no decisions, then match proceeds as normal.

Clan Alpha examines Clan Beta roster, "Holy Crap!! No way in hell we can win!" :eek: Clan Alpha declines the match and guess what...THEY GET NOTHING. NO TVP, NO MITH, NOTHING.
    First clan to decline gets nothing back as a reward. I think that's fair! Cowards! :twisted:

Clan Beta accepts the match knowing they will wipe the floor with Clan Alpha. However, now Alpha is no longer in the discussion. Beta admins have another decision to make. CLAN BETA DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR SIGNUP AND ENTER CUE #2, OR DO YOU WISH TO REMOVE YOURSELF?
    If they remove themselves, THEN THEY GET TO RUN TVP FOR THE MITH MAX AT 14 LIKE NOW FOR A NO MATCH.

Now the fun part! Clan Beta opts to be re-added to Cue #2. Cue #2 is a second matching that happens roughly 30 minutes after initial war signup ends. And it's for all clans that have opted for the second Cue system. There is high risk and high reward for this Cue. :mrgreen:

Clan Beta is now matched with fellow Cue #2 Clan Omega. Time frame for Cue #2 is only 10 minutes, so these clans have to work fast. Beta still likes it's chances (they have stacked their roster :cool: ), and CLICKS YES.

Clan Omega has examined Beta roster quickly and says, "no way, Jose!" They CLICK NO. By clicking no, they GET NOTHING. In essence they have wasted their clan's time. High risk. No reward.

Now Beta is all alone on top and yes, they get to run TVP for the minimal 14 mith. BUT if they want to ever get matched and have people actually fight them, then it is up to them to stop building their rosters in the manner in which they do. :ugeek:

The ODD MAN OUT clan can also be inserted into Cue #2 giving them something to look forward to. ;)

Basically, take it out of the Devs hands as to whether or not our OWN rosters are TOO stacked or NOT stacked enough. All the Devs have to do is give us a match. It's up to us whether or not we accept the war. Give us a little bit of power over the decision and see what we do with it. Make it a choice to fight or not fight, rather than forcing us. Then no one can blame you Devs for something we chose to do. And no one gets rewarded for declining.

I do realize this will take some work, but it's something to consider.
    Epic ~ always

4. I see this thread as pointless.

This is false move by devs to appear sincere. There were many great recommendations made after s2 boycott but devs never responded to those recommendations. All they ended up saying is - we ain't changing squat. All I see here is devs sayin - we will listen to you but we still ain't changin squat.

5. We compare each person in each roster to each other in each clan, and simulate whether they can hit each other, and then record the hit ratio. We then match every clan to every other clan with each other based on combined stats, BFA and BFE. We then optimize for the best matches overall based on those two scores.

We want to create a good system regardless.

6. I've seen this a bit through out the thread so I'm going to address it here. We've posted on most of the threads about EE. In fact we've made a lot of changes since Season 1. We'll continue to make changes and work on our War system. If you think we aren't sincere, I apologize that we haven't lived up to your expectations, and we'll try to do better in the future.

7. Kaw_admin are you going to do anything about this u did the trial wars and gave excuse saying this is tril for s3 and now s3 is messed up it is totally fair to get 1 rancur lvl for every no match so far 75% of wars have been nm and no compinsation please reply to this i want to hear what u have to say

8. My favorite idea I've seen is everyone casted gets assigned to a clan. The only disadvantage is it may take longer to find a match and that people won't get to war with their friends. But honestly. THATS BULL. This would be solved fast, all builds welcome because you cast, and that no single clan is over powered. I can't take credit for the idea, it was mentioned on page 3 I think.

But anyways. This idea would probably work out the best and the main concerns would be warring against friends.

9. We have something like this built but haven't tested it yet. It's one of the solutions that we would like to try.

10. Please no. I'm not sure how many games you have played with random queues for battlegrounds (similar to ee wars in this game) but they are horrible. Matching random players who do not or will not work together. People fighting over who is going to lead... I could go on forever. PLEASE NO!

11. The only question about the hit ratio is... You say you compare whether members in one clan can hit the other (your reply to Skip's post). Does that mean SUCCESSFULLY, or just that they CAN? Obviously, there is a big difference between the two. Please see my earlier post on page 12 of this thread to see what I mean.

12. It could work like you leave your clan,cast woc, then once signup ends, wait 30 min, and get auto-moved into a clan, then 2 hours later, you war. Losers get little mith back and winners get mith. Then clan kicks all members and waits till next war. If you don't get a clan matchup. You get like 6 mith for say. This would make it so most clans are equal and the only bypass I can think of is one clan getting a lb compared to a clan not getting one

13. I think it means you can hit them. Successfully or not.

14. One thing is, is people may argue over WC. Tracker is nice and would be needed. But sometimes a clan may not get a good WC and may just wing it, or other people would fight for WC

15. It's a HORRIBLE idea for more reasons then I even feel like typing.

16. Matching us with ppl we don't know is bad idea. I enjoy KAW because of the social nature of fighting with my friends and family. Matching us randomly would turn me and others off to the entire process

17. Funny reply post on Page 16  touché lol

18. More clans warring = more clans to match - which should in turn lead to less no matches. I believe that one of the biggest reasons for so much roster manipulation is due to the fact that losing SUCKS! To have a war build you must dedicate up to 20% of your total builds to towers which should be made up by estocs edge, however unless you are in one of the top war clans you are lucky to win 40% of your wars. With the ee system set up as give one for winning take one away for losing the average warrior is going to lose his/her ee as fast as he/she gained it. This is the came for rancor levels, if you are only winning 1 out of 3 wars you are never going to gain a rancor level.
    I suggest 2 lvls of ee for a win and take one away for losing and give a level of rancor to each player for participation and an extra level for winning. Take some of the emphasis off of winning and put a little more towards participating. This should attract many more players to war and hopefully curb some of the roster manipulation. I know personally I just want a good war - win or lose but if I'm going to get a bad match be nice to get a something for dedicating 3 hours of your life. Also tired of burning xstals on tvp just to get a dozen mithril.

19. We tried the first suggestion. We got a huge amount of complaints. The second one isn't possible without significant changes but we considered making a spell to do that. It would be a difficult change to make though so we opted to try other things.

20. Haha instead of doing something even after you claim to have read so many complaints, you make a thread about it instead? What a joke lmao