A Basic Guide for Off System Wars

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Estrella, Dec 10, 2011.

1. The play dead tactic is... amazing. I'm pretty sure shadowkan wouldn't approve of you putting his name on this guide lol.

2. Great guide, I know it all but it would be very helpful for new war members.

3. Good guide Meisha,,

I'm wondering if you meant to write "fewer troops" instead of "fewer spies they have, fewer gold per st" in the 'Do not hit target' section..

Steal rate is directly proportional to the troop count in steal stripping. In attk strips, you'd want the spies to be full, esp if SoS heavy.

Also, if you have mithril, use it when you abolutely must. It won't really be effective in long stripwars, I.e can only hide allies for so long and so many times before out of mith.
    Might actually help the opponent see the times you had to hide your allies. If there's a pattern, that may screw you over later on.

If i was an attk build with mithril, I would use unholy aurora to attk strip my own targets in a strip war, instead of wasting it to temporarily boost stats.

4. Me too J3laze. Everyone should try it at least once, so much more fun than logging in.. hitting eb,logging out. ;)

I figured this would give people the base knowledge. The rest should be learned through experience :D

Lol it's fine with him. This is basic info, not iG secrets :cool:

Good points, thanks Angel :)

<3

Thanks Wulf :p

5. The play dead tactic is something we used to use in Foxes and I know at least sknifer used in iG, back in the Jan/Feb 2010 strip war that wiped out about half of each clan. Those were some good times. Brutal, and paranoid, but fun.

6. Awesome job Meisha! Covers all the basics for people who've never been in an osw! I hope this alleviates some of the fear in players who don't war because they're afraid of loosing money... They're missing out! If you have good leadership, are an adrenaline junkie, have people you trust to look out for you and don't need a lot of sleep, osw is the best team building exercise there is - a real rush that glues a good clan together!

7. ^build for osw btw lol

8. Did u add the bit about declaring on forums so we all know what's going on and can watch from the sidelines?

9. Nice guide!

10. This is not information I like shared.

11. Approved. Good work Meisha.

Lime CR

12. Thanks CG and Isaac, appreciated.

13. |-| 3 R 0

Gives this thread: 9.9/10 (A plus)

0.1 off cos there is always room for improvement, though u covered almost everything.

14. :!: new spy section added, thanks belle

15. Two comments.

One is about the new spy section. It says Hansels should quest their troops or burn them on a large attack target. I would disagree. Hansel troops should be aimed at a clan OSF to bring in tons of extra cash to buy new pots.

The other is just a general thing, probably the single most important aspect of off-system strip wars, has been left out of the guide. Spy defense towers.

Back in the Foxes/iG strip war of jan/feb/mar 2010, we all leaned this full well. Any account in either alliance that had no spy def towers was decimated. Even the mighty DeathMonkey was stripped right off the top of the lb, a feat few believed possible. It all came down to spy def towers.

When we would pick strip targets, the primary factors were that they had lots of money showing in allies on their profile, to make it really hurt, and that they had very few or ideally no spydef towers.

Targets with spydef towers are very unattractive. They have a permanent spy defense that cannot be negated. Yeah, your plunder suffers if you have spydef towers. But everything suffers if you get wiped out.

I managed to avoid being stripped by running a stupid high number of towers. I wanna say at my most paranoid I was running 12 towers out of the available 24 lands. Lol.

Realistically, that's ridiculous. We did some extensive testing at that time, and found the number of towers that was a safe minimum, I wanna say it was something like 4. 2 was better than 0, but 4 was enough to make stripping you very, very difficult. And the more paranoid of us stuck with 6 or 7 or 8.

If you want to survive a strip war, you will want spy def towers, no question. As to the number, I can't tell you. I would honestly probably look at some of the stronger, wiser players in iG for reference. They have such extensive experience in strip warring, I betcha that most of their power players have solid safe builds.

Food for thought.

16. Btw your regen time can change

17. Well not automatically normally but it can change not n edit just a comment.

18. Good job on the guide btw 