On Tower Builds...

Discussion in 'Wars' started by joe_, Dec 24, 2012.

1. I do believe that there will be a change to the tower build mechanics. Might not be soon because the devs are rolling out new items and trying to fix the problems with lag etc from wars first. But I do believe it is an exploit and will soon be changed. No build should be dtw to attack as u said from full bar. Unless other tower builds can hit it then it is in no way similar to the dtw with no gold out that hansels get. Cuz other hansels and smaller stat attk builds can still attack a banked hansel.

Has anyone tested the build against all other builds? Because if there is a build that can counter the tower builds dtw then it's not exactly an exploit. Would like some feedback from someone who has tested all build types against it.....

2. An attack build who can sit without gold out during an Estoc war with clan-wide bonuses on the line whilst making triple what is taken in the 1-2 attacks they CAN take...come on now...

3. Lol joe u make a tower build then war with it okay? Then tell us how well you did and liked it

4. I have a feeling it will be changed in the future. I also believe readers are confusing exploit with cheat.

5. All it takes is a few strong hansels and the tower build is useless....

6. @Moose: arkst feels pretty, but that's hardly relevant. Please stay on topic, or I'll ask you to leave the thread.

7. I think Joe's barometer is correct on this one. The fact that anarchy disagrees is a great indication that Joe is on the right track. 

I doubt that the devs will dole out punishments, but don't be surprised if the devs nerf this in the future.

8. Joe is right. It is a blatant exploit of the game mechanics. How is it fair at all for a person to be dtw at full troops just because their spies are pinned??

This is just like PW's. there were drawbacks. You got less per hit then you would if you weren't in the war system. Cons and pros to every exploit.

It needs to be fixed ASAP. People with those builds still have a FANTASTIC build.

9. LOL mage. Yes great point. Lets make sure we always have 3 hansels for every tower build on the other side. Great tactics

10. @moose. You followed a silenced acct. I accepted and followed off a non silenced acct at the same timesry for hijacking your thread for a second joe_

But all in all I agree it's an exploit. But it's not the only one lol. There is a better exploit that allows you to stay dtw even with gold out and both bars fullcan u say farmers dream and t5 glitch/exploit

11. Where did that come from joe? Nobody said anything about how pretty I am...

Btw anarchy
    [​IMG]

12. E: I disagree, any build with full troops that shows up dtw is an exploit and deserves the same treatment as former Tower Farms who had their wins cut away for "exploits"

13. Why would you need 3, 1 for 1 seems fine. Plus, if you were smart you would start of by attacking the tower builds, that way by the time they are killing off their spies you have already killed their troops. Should be KO'ed within a minute of the war starting. If you out 2 attackers on each tower build, the 2 attackers will be able to kill their troops faster that the tower build will be able to empty spies

14. exploiting? yes
    Cheating? NO
    The devs created the game and they allowed these builds to exist, so its not cheating...

15. No double standards. No garbage. I've called myself out on my own transgressions to Devs and await their decision

16. but i do kinda hate the fact that i am not dtw for assassinations when i have 0 spies...unfair when spy build are dtw to attacks when they have 0 troops...
    just saying lol

17. The argument for this build is stupid. Lets all just go tower build and have the same turtle wars that got us a new war system. So that they have to create a new war system because of it and we have to go through all the same headaches of this systems roll-out.

I'd feather see them nerf the tower builds dtw advantage and keep this system

18. DarkAce-07: Devs created mechanics where tower farms created billions in gold for the community before and stripped them of 100k wins when they were playing inside the rules before.

This is no different.

19. The "Tower" build clearly manipulates the Defender Too Weak mechanic to provide an advantage. I am of the opinion that if the Developers did not intend to include this strategy they should remove it.

Tower mechanics were changed when they nerfed Towers because the likes of pollyanna and 24Dude were opening to World Chat and allowing themselves to be hit indefinitely, racking up remarkable numbers of Wins in the process. The resultant "fixed" mechanics allow for the Tower build we know today to work.

So one exploit basically led to another. To me it's clear that was never the intention. Asking the Developers to look into this isn't a baseless request.

20. In my opinion, if the tower build mechanics is to remain the way it is, we're gonna see clans full of tower builds and pure spy accounts to war and we'll go back to the so hated turtle wars system. The build sure looks awesome but turtle wars aren't.