Why did Britain go to war in 1914?

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Popsical, Sep 30, 2015.

1. interesting, I will look into and see if I can get enough info for an essay-style write up

thank you! :)

2. Aj im not gonna ruin ops thread with a 1v1 slagging match .....look up on Scottish slang to find out what pish is if u wanna talk big talk in my news feed son

3. thank you Sweet, Both events are very interesting, I should easily be able to get enough info for a write up on them :)

and the crossroads/backroads I requested to do one before and was denied :cry:

4. Errr, I haven't said a word to you?

5. thankyou Warchief! :)

6. *means A8*
    *says "aj" and "son"*

Logic. But fine. I had my question, which was not to you, answered and replied. I'm off the thread now. 

7. Great read OP.

8. Thank you junkie :)

9. This is an essay not a lesson :/

Plus the bit about WW1 stemming before the shooting of archduke Franz Ferdinand is pretty freaking obvious, the shooting was a fuse to light the pile of gunpowder that had been building. Only people who have never seen the subject don't know that.

Also a war between France and Germany had already happened in Alsace-Lorraine. So the point about a war being between Germany and France was a bit null, as it had already happened.

10. I'm being brutally honest when I say this is a bread-and-butter overview of events. Maybe pick something more controversial or original next time, as a suggestion.

11. The Vietnam War?

12. I'm not much in love with post-world war two history, but why not. Wouldn't object to a Napoleon theme either...

13. I second a request for the Mexican American war. That would make for great arguments seeing as how american history portrays mexico as the aggressor and Mexican history states the opposite. It would be interesting to see which side the op would take. DO IT 

14. (May of been mentioned already)(didn't read many replies) they are normally from tormented souls,Are you asking us to do your homework ??

15. Your talking about the Franco Prussian war in 1870-1871 that leads to the creation of the unified German state.

16. Very interesting read indeed I do actually like how you specifically talked about Britain in itself.

You should do the the German rat war in 1942

17. That sounds like a great subject.

18. Great read OP, keep it up.

You are right about it triggering an arms race, the cause of WW1 amounts from rising tensions throughout Europe and the Ottoman Empire

Now that would be a great thread!

19. Excellent topic, my favorite from Great Britain is Winston Churchill. A lot of upper crust didn't like him but they knew he could motivate people and win the war. Keep up the good work. A man once said, people who don't remember the past are bound to repeat it.