War Stripping Debate

Discussion in 'Best Of' started by lililililililililil, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ЯВ's veiw on "strippers" . 

I can play the game either way as long as the rules of war are set out before the war starts. My build is currently set up to defend against the stripping tactic by using 8 spy towers and 2k of each spy def pot.

Acually, what I dislike more is when targets are advertised on wc
    When a individual opts out of war when the rest of their clan is in
    When I see more trash talk than fighting
    When propoganda is used (a **** load of that from...)

in fact, the reason I didn't post here at fist is because I just thought this would be a "who's the bad guy" thread

2. I've seen all these long posts that I haven't read. So Im gonna make mine really long so I can fit in. I probably should have read everyone else's so I have a better idea of what's goin on, but I've decided not to. End of topic. Stripping. People can work for weeks finally buying enough allies to max their plunder. I know, since I worked to achieve that goal. It is the longest, most boring thing I have done in KaW. You just wanna have it maxed already! And spending money to get money to buy allies to max my plunder? Puh-Lease. I haven't spent a dime on this game, nor will I ever. Why? Well, as tempting as it may be when I'm low on troops or I feel like my next land is never gonna be bought, it's not worth it in the long run. A few months after I stop, if I ever do lol, I'll think to myself "Why did I spend money on something that isn't real?" And I'll feel foolish. But that's beside the point. I just added that in here to make it longer, my ultimate goal of this post. About stripping though. I'll give you my background about stripping. I have never ever been stripped. The reason for that is simple: I've never been stripped, and I make it a point not to insult people. I don't insult people for the same reason I don't buy nobility. It's a game. I don't even know the people I'm at war with, and as annoying as they may be, they don't deserve anger. Nothing in this game does. Anger is for things happening in the real world. I've never stripped anyone. Yes, I belong to iG, and I know most of you believe that stereotype that all iG are filthy farmers that terrorize KaW. Well, that's not true. Yes, we do strip sometimes for a good reason, but we don't have the goal of "killing everyone muahaha". I probably will have to strip someone at one point, due to the fact that we're at war, and it's an efficient method of disabling an opponent. But I'm not ready for that quite yet. I know that if I strip someone, I have the chance of being stripped myself, and while you may view this as a selfish act, I just don't want to have all my allies gone in the morning. I'm still growing and don't need that kind of blow. So what am I saying? I got caught up and don't want to see what I've been saying, but it's about stripping. I don't view it as good, but I don't view it as bad. So I am nearing the end of my post. I'm really hoping that it will be as long as I think it is. If it isn't, here is my favorite kind of food: Chinese food. Oh my goodness. That is the shiz. I secretly envy Asian families, because they know how to home make good Chinese food. But yeah. So how do you guys think this post was? Is it everything you hoped for, or do you feel this post was a waste of your time? If you feel the latter, I would say "Who cares about you" but I realize most of this post is quite pointless. So by now I'm assuming no one is reading so I'll stop. In a bit. I just learned about the band Yellowcard. They're awesome. They sound sorta like my favorite band of all time, Relient k. But I should probably start talking about stripping again since players might be just reading the top and bottom and skipping the middle. If that's you, shame on you for not reading all of my post. Go back and read it. Now. But yeah so stripping. It is not good. But it can be. I hope that Voodoo just surrenders like they shouldve. I remember when they first started. Like two months ago. I guess they assume they can be a challenge to iG. Or wait, WiG. Lol. But they don't know our true power. They will soon I'm thinkin. But they don't give up. That can be good or bad. I think it's a little of both in this case. Have they ever lost a war? If not, I think that's while they're still here. And since they have the help of Fox and Chaos. But I love how we are so powerful that they need three powerful clans to take us on. They'll argue this statement though somehow. Nevertheless, their post won't matter much. However they wanna twist it the truth is the truth. They need three clans to attempt to beat us. Which still won't happen. And I'm tired of writing. So I'll stop. That's all. 

3. I find it hilarious that kinghawkeyes compares ig to terrorists for using the buyout and strip tactic, but ignores the fact that his own clan does it... Pot kettle black? Throwing stones in glass houses?
    I pointed out that spies were over powered back in October or november... Nothing is going stop the buyouts now until the clan war feature is released or a more effective spy defense tower is introduced.

Or don't sleep. Ever.

4. @theGuru, 1ATE7, and Pollyanna,

I don't understand your reasoning for thinking that the war feature will stop clean outs. If you want to exact revenge on a certain player you hate or if you want to take out an opponent clan's strongest players, the war system won't stop you from doing it IMO.

5. And @Klzeek: this isn't an IG vs. Foxes/Chaos thread. Let's not go there please.

6. No one read mine? 

7. Klzeek i read your entire post! Even the middle! 

8. I am very new to this game so i wont try to use my profound expwrience to sway anybody but....

This entire situation reminds me of what could have happened in the cold war if we hadn't used MAD (mutually assured destruction for u youngsters who don't remember lol).

I have seen stripping refered here as an "atomic bomb" and how true it is. Because once side uses it all others feel free and before long nobody is having fun anymore. Perhaps you could all put your big nukes back in their silos?

Thanks,
    not quite annonymous

9. During WW2 everyone agreed to not use gas on eachother... So why can't we here can't just agree on some ground rules before entering a war.

10. Yayyy thanks Rhys. And blumpy, I just added that to make it longer. 

11. Tabun gas was used through out WWII. And Most IG raids had no worthwhile reason but personal agenda.

12. @RhysGryg's cold war analogy, I believe this is the same exact thing. I don't know who dropped it first, but either IG, Foxes, or Chaos dropped it. (Please don't argue about who dropped it first) But if one side drops the atomic bomb, it is inevitable that the other side will too.

As for war rules, the purpose they serve is to limit the unnecessary damage caused. However, if one clan breaks it, so does everyone else.

13. I dont think the war system will necessarily stop people from stripping others, but it wont be as necessary as you will have a way to determine who wins/loses without having to force the other clan to quit, which is one of the main purposes of stripping.

14. I think before the war both clans should decide wether or not they want to strip allies or if they do not that way it's up to them to decide

15. Also, I think stripping itself is fine and a good war tactic, but if you are too weak to strip someone yourself as a clan and have to spam WC with messages like "x has 0 spies! FREE MONEY! Steal steal steal!!" it just makes your clan look weak and is a cheap, pathetic move imo.

16. What about us folks who are not in clans! Many of us don't have a dozen kingdoms who'll jump in and fry farmers and strippers. There's no deterance by overwhelming force. You say something wrong or accidentally rehit somebody there's nobody writing on your wall "protected by me, my clan, and my momma with a waffle iron!"

we're on our own and fried alone. Okay, not quite true. I've met a number of public defenders and i've seen the connections that some megahuge non-clan players have.

If ur in a clan, u get the rep of the worst in the clan, but u also get the protection of the best.

Those of us not in clans are easy pickins. That's scary and not fair.

Everybody compares to real life, but kaw has no war crimes tribunal. I'm glad ppl can't steal or damage my buildings, at least one of the things u work hard on can't be taken away from u.

17. General Consensus

Stripping sucks and need to be used for a puposes or an extreme tactic, similar to the use of an atom bomb.

Roughly what I have read in this thread

People agree and disagree (not as much as those who agree) that stripping has it's purposeses but should not be used as a primary tactic in war and in regular use. This comes from players on both sides of this war. It even comes from players who are not even in this war.

Sure there are uses for it but in the aspects of the game it is the atomic bomb of KaW. Wake up to desolation, sane kinda deal.

I personally have seen that many of us don't want it. I saw Pollyanna going from wall to wall asking the other clan their thoughts and that clan started this thread.

I saw Deathmonkey knocked off the LB abd in response Grumpyeric was taken out. Did ig bring it or foc alliance, who really cares, take it to another thread. Everyone has thrown their two cents in and I think we need to come to angreement. Sure Chinese food rawks and I am a huge fan of the band Rise Against and Crystal Castles, but I wanna move forward and get a resolution so I can stop buying crap allies to possibly be stripped.

Who is for Stripping as a regular war and play tactic and who is against it?

18. Good morning! 

@hairball - in my limited experience it apparently takes a concerted
    effort to strip and clean out a player with some decent stats and allies. The only time I've heard of non-clan peeps being stripped was because of being caught farming a clan member or causing a huge beef with one so I think that you've got less to worry about there.

If I'm wrong then some peeps will weigh in on it I'm sure.

@ Inigo - I think by reading the posts here you can tell who's for and against stripping there may have been some he said she said going on but opinions have still been posted about for or against.

BTW, I am not the six fingered man so don't kill me 

19. I'm against stripping. Here's why.

1. It is a huge imbalance in the game. Months of savings can be wiped in 90 mins by a relatively small number of people. It would be easy for the devs to nerf these raids.

2. I think these raids are a factor in the causing people to leave the game. I've noticed that more people are converting to spy builds, or just quitting and going to haypi.

Until the devs nerf though, then I don't see why you wouldn't raid. As much as ig has been whining in this thread, they are relentless strippers and should expect retaliation in kind. I applaud Foxes for taking the moral high ground on this topic but as we speak iG is still stripping away.