Summer Tournament Season 1!

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by admin, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad day for all star war

2. This sounds good, same rules as test war only all glitches have been fixed. Can't wait for this, have too start looking for a clan that's joining now. :D

3. Yea I'm joining a good clan if you want to join me panic.

4. Sweet.

GO ASGUARD ELITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Only rewards for 1st 2nd and 3rd place? What are the odds of my clan out of hundreds to get there?

6. I need a clan for the tourney wall me

7. If members did not join the first war, can they join the subsequent war or restricted only to those who have joined the war in the first instance?

8. :roll:

9. I DEFINITELY want in!!! Anyone wanna accept me for this?? Year and a half experience, and know what I'm doing  2 k of all pots, and plenty of mith

10. Crap what day is this...lol :D War clock is already counting down 

11. Ok sorry just can't stay quiet when anything is announced anymore it seems lol

My areas of concern regarding this tourney are as follows:

#1 Continuity of Teams
    Are teams going to be monitored from week to week? Or if I say miss the first few weeks of the tourney, can I still join a clan later in the tourney? Or better yet, wait for all the teams to fight it out for 8 weeks, then go merc in the finals to minimize my damage but maximize my reward?

To break it down maybe a bit more specifically my roster weekend one consists of joe, bob, larry, etc...we win just barely....so the follow weekend can I change my roster to joe, susan, henry etc? This would mean that clan x could conceivably lose to clan y in weekend one, and clan z could lose to a completely different set of players in clan y in the following week....not exactly a level or consistent playing field in my opinion.

So in essence, if there is no way to keep the same players in each clan from week to week, what is the purpose of the tournament? To me players make up/determine a clan, not the name of the clan itself....so unless same players stay on same teams throughought the tornament, how can you call it a real "team"? Just sayin...

#2 Final Winner determination:
    Is this an elimination tournament? Meaning if you lose weekend 1 then you are out for rest of the tournament? Or is it the best records/plunder after teams battle for the season?

If the latter will this be monitored through the prestige board or a seperate board? How will clans know the targets they need to reach to stay in top 8 for finals? And if it is monitored through the prestige board, how will that account for the descrepency Btwn strong and weak clans that battle each other? A win should be a win in a tournament in my opinion...you shouldn't get more points b/c you beat someone who is technically ranked higher than you.

#3 Roster locking/Registration after week one.
    How will the roster locking/registering etc. work from week to week? Will you already be registered for week 2 or will you have to register again? Is it up to clan owners/admins to monitor who is in their clans if it automatically re-registers your clan for the next round? Will the members from previous weeks wars be automatically pulled to their respective clans like was done in asw last year if answer to concern #1 is teams will be same week to week? Or even scary will players be locked into one clan for the full 8 weeks or however long it is and not be able to leave in btwn weekends?

Will countdown mechanisms be put into place clearly indicating when non warring members need to be out? What kind of grace period will be in place to get those non-warring members out of your clan before all the new locking down and kicking limitations occur?

#4 Forfeit mechanism
    Will there be a way for clans to forfeit or back out? If so what are the parameters and windows in which clans can do so?

Also related to concern 2, if not elimination style and it's best record out of the season, and my clan is ranked #1 without any possibly way of being unseated from top 8, can I have option to forfeit that war and rest up for final? Don't u think I've earned this right if I was able to kick that much ass during the season? Happens all the time in tournaments, teams rest their starters for the "big" game so to speak.

#5 pinning clan mates
    There were rumors you were not supposed to be able to pin your own clanmates while in war, and it was a glitch that allowed this to take place in the trial run. If so, did you guys "fix" this glitch so we can't pin our own clanmates when/if they r offline? Guys the answer to this last question is as big as the auto join fiasco was...u take that ability away from us without telling us and you will have another **** storm of pissed off players who r subject to losing a ton of their gold because you guys are changing the rules around without telling us...just saying.

I could of course go on; however, I think I've already reached a length where I will get more "Tldr" posts, than actual interest in my concerns lol

But as a final note to the player base:

To all those brave enough to enter this thing with so many unknowns I salute you! I will be watching from sidelines cheering you on in your battle against the uncertainty brought on by yet another update introduced probably quicker than it should be.

ATA I will throw you a small bone, in it at least appears with this update you attempted to test and incorporate feedback, but alas you have reinforced yet again you still a pc versus a mac...until you thouroughly test and sell your product with quality first and ease of use for your customers in mind you will not keep/reach a market leader standing 

P.S. I hope this bandaid you are placing on the broken arm is pink with unicorns 

12. Your first concern I actually asked in another thread, will rosters stay the same throughout the whole tournament? If not, what's the point really, just skip to the last war where everyone will Merc.

13. What about plunder bonus at end. Show me the gold. Double mith basically covers what you would spend in 24hr war anyway. So that a push...

14. Last weekend I was active 18 hrs our clan won. Spent 80 mith and got rewarded at end. Total payout 9.4b. Meh

15.  anyone looking for a noob to fill up their 100th member 

16. Cool. Now I just need to find a clan to war with.

17. By what day do u have
    To be in clan to join war

18. I don't care about rewards, a tournament like this is for fun, not coming out loaded with gold.
    I would like every major concern answered before the war actually starts, rather than going in blind.

LP022's Post covers everyone's questions about this tournament. These need too be answered before we kick this off.

19. Yeah this is kingdoms at WAR, if I recollect didn't Kingdoms in mideveil times compete for prizes and glory! So what's wrong with haveing a tournament where there are some nice payouts ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.