New & Improved Chat Filter

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: New

Well if anything we'll all be pulling out a thesaurus and finding new ways to express anger through vulgar tirades.

2. Re: New

We have not made any changes to moderation, and Clan Chat and PM's remain unmoderated.

3. No matter how good you think this does to the game, the fact that this is an english filter and not everyone on this game speaks english to each other keeps making the filter and the supposed "bypasses" ridiculous.
    It blocks common words in other languages making communication between players very difficult. Not to even mention silences and erasin clan info pages for merely not understanding the language it's written on.

4. yeah. no. you have a bot blocking people from saying what they want to say in clan chat. that's a change.

5. Re: New

The world out there is crueler place, and you're putting up a filter that literally restrict us to write mean words that are already filtered? Do you think using mean words is the only way to offend somebody? Are you going nuts? This is basically restricting our freedom of speech in a certain way man, this is wrong. People might actually leave because of this thing, you know.

6. True, before they were asterisks (*). Now you can't say whatever you want. It's not the same effect, and puts a different mood in cc.

7. Re: New

Jesus. You guys whining gotta be kidding me.

Think about what youre complaining about. Nothing substantial was changed. All they did was remove asterisks in filtered words.

In fact, its ADDED words that were previously incorrectly filtered, like "circumstance."

Its no wonder that politicians and religious leaders can so easily manipulate the public

Sheeple.

8. Re: New

I played a game that replaces bad words with the word "Cutesy". I vote for this. Still removes toxicity and makes it funny :p

9. Re: New

that pop up in clan chat is annoying. truly annoying.

10. Re: New

Why not just make KAW 17 or 18 I mean last I checked PIMD is 17

11. Re: New

And I guess the plus sign is censored now too -_-

12. Re: New

The plus sign has never appeared when typing it in the forum from a device.

13. so posting stars can get you silenced? .....

14. Re: New

I can understand that, but what i see most people whining about is the filter that was already in place before this change

15. For once I think it would be inthe best intrests of ata to speak with players before they change………….. Things. I know a good couple of games that make rather large amounts of money by doing that. Including one thats been around 16 years. But no ata judt loves to promote themselves as a 9+ game when roughly 1% of the kawmunity is below 12. Gg kaw

16. Re: New

oh that. people fear change. they start acting all crazy.

17. This is really annoying, I can't even write saurkraut! Or cockroach! And both are an everyday part of my life.... also, Mao Ze-Dong killed more people than Hitler, but you sensor Hitler not Mao Ze-Dong? And what about Stalin?

This new censorship should be limited to WC and not CC, it should be up to us what content is used in CC. If admin in CC don't like language we can deal with it internally, why are you curbing our healthy discussions?

18. Re: New

I hope you relise kaw community it's that 90% of this game is adults... I think we can handle a few swears ...

19. Re: New

"Improved" . Yeah right

20. As a lifelong potty mouth (almost 40 years now) I cannot support this move....I ******* hate being ******* censored

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.