New & Improved Chat Filter

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You should make an option to have profanity filtered, if you choose... If you choose not to filter, it should show.

2. seriously though. this should not have been applied to cc. people are going to bypass in clan chat WAY more often now.

3. Re: New

So if I understand Willy right, I can still call someone a gaped mouth, slack jawed, bugged eyed, mouth breathing, troglodytic moron? As long as I don't say potty mouth words in front of or behind it?

Son of a female dog!

4. yeah. nothing about this stops you from being offensive. it just stops you from....wait...what does this fix? lazy and low class insults?

5. Re: New

Why would you delete my words kawComm? It's was clearly not a bypass in anyway you numbskull... I bet your favourite color is banana isn't it?

Waste time on important things, not this.. This is not important at all, 9 year olds are not as innocent as you all would like to pretend..Also, you'll find that most of these eagle watch type snitches are way older than 9, so who is this really about protecting?

6. Re: New

I really don't like KaW devs right now.

7. Re: New

I found a thesaurus.

You bloody twats and your exceedingly annoying censors are ruining my life.

I, as well as other, prefer the old censor. Also, the word [deleted] isn't censored, yet I got silenced for it.

So....

8. How about you work on things that make this game more fun ? :lol:

10. wow. that sort of job isn't censored. :lol:

11. Re: New

The 9 year olds they're trying to protect probably use profanities more than the adults.

What's the point of filtering in CC? Most clans state on CP that it's 18 and apply at own risk, you're taking away the players ability to self moderate their own clan.

12. Re: New

Clan Chat has always been filtered in the same way as World Chat

13. A better idea would be to blank out the censored word in forums and chat, then you can have players somehow prove their age as over 18 and turn off their filter.

14. Re: New

Regardless of who spends money and what age bracket they're in, it still doesn't take away the fact that this is a 9 plus game. Personally there are so many instances of bypassing and just downright indecent conduct, at times I wouldn't want my 9 year old to play this game. This is a GAME for Kawds sake, one that many many children play. Why is it so hard for some players to simply respect that? Would you go into an elementary school swearing up a storm or talking about highly inappropriate subject matter for their age group?

15. Re: New

Asterisk were funny! You guys ruin everything.

I hate you! I'm gonna' go cry about this.

16. Re: New

Filtered the same yes. Moderated for bypasses no.

17. Re: New

This is ******* retarded

18. Re: New

Works 

19. I would much rather KAW worry themselves about the server lag rather than chat filtering. Chat doesn't deter ppl from the game.

20. Re: New

I have yet to meet a 9 year old on KaW in my 4 years of playing KaW. The "Children play too"excuse is bs.

Hook, I'll swear at church so an elementary school is no different to me but I'm not swearing every time I say something. This "improvement" is frustrating at best. KaW is going to...can't say that...hmmm...can't say that either...fecal matter doesn't have the same impact....hmmmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.