Killer Inside

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Lil_Tiger, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Sincerest apologies for the delay. You can expect a Chapter every other day from here on out unless I say otherwise. Special one tomorrow for you guys being so awesome and nagging me to continue while I was in a slump. Not much this chapter, it's going to get exciting these next couple of chapters though, you can count on that. So enjoy :)

Chapter 22

We headed for the kitchen and I was eager to sit and talk. Kenzo sat down at the kitchen table and I sat with him. Zadie moved over to make breakfast.

"Ah... Good to be back; I love this old place," Kenzo said contently. "You two are just a bonus."

He gave me a playful smile and I rolled my eyes. Always making jokes he was.

"So how have you been?" he asked politely.

"Well, I've been as good as I can," I answered faithfully. "Especially with her around." I nodded towards Zadie.

"Me? Ha! Ken, you should try living with her all alone! No wonder her mom wants to escape to Hollywood," Zadie joked.

"You two are so mean to me," I muttered and they both smiled.

"Our job," Kenzo reminded me.

"Yeah, I'd forgotten. But anyways, there's been murders in town. Lots. A serial killer possibly." I tossed the information around casually but Kenzo's face deepen into a frown.

He and Zadie exchanged glance and I knew there would be a conversation about this I wouldn't hear.

"Her training has been stepped up, we're working quarter staff and soon I want to do more weapon combat with knives and such. What do you think?" Zadie asked in time with the chopping she was doing.

"I don't agree," I responded. "I think I should just rest."

"Yeah, and I want to be Emperor. Good choice Zadie. Can I start with her now?" Kenzo made a move to leave the table.

"No..." I groaned.

"Yes, I'll have breakfast done shortly," was the reply.

"Wonderful! Come on my little taro. Let's go." A smile flashed across his face and I groaned again.

Taro. That must mean me. I was his "little tiger" as he liked to call me.

"Breakfast shouldn't take more than 10 minutes Zadie; you aren't a gourmet cook making a four course meal," I said grumpily. Great way to start my day was being beaten to the ground by a 60 year old man. Who was shorter than me.

He and Zadie exchanged a brief word before he lead me down the hall to the stairs that went to the basement.

The cement stairs were cold on my bare feet and I was still in my pajamas. None the less, I was going to have to do this.

"Zadie says there is a spare set of clothes in the small room by the bathroom," Kenzo informed me.

The basement was huge. Stairs lead down to the main room, with a padded floored ring in the center, bigger than a boxing ring. There was a bathroom in one corner, and meditation room and an empty room off a small corridor from the main room.

I walked to the empty room which only had a small closet inside. Closing the door, I quickly changed into the black spandex pants and a red athletic shirt. No socks, I had to stay barefoot.

Back in the main room, Kenzo was observing the weapon racks that lined one wall, filled with real weapons and training weapons alike. The other open wall, not taken by the stairs, was filled with mannequins raised about a foot off the cement floor. They were dressed in various combat outfits from across the centuries and continents. Only the very best warriors of an era were there, with the originally uniform.

Why the weapons and outfits were in my house and not Zadie's I wasn't sure. She moved them here a few months back after an argument with my mom and had left them ever since. I knew it was almost her full collection of weapons at that. Only a few special weapons she kept at here house. These were only the common ones.

I walked over to the racks of weapons and stood next to Kenzo. We were now in training, which meant I was to refer to him as Sir or Master Kimura.

"How are your shoulders Kerri?" He asked slyly. Even in training he was fun and teasing.

"Sir?"

"Shoulders. How do yours feel?" He repeated.

"Um, fine. Sir."

"Good. I want to work on knife throwing."

My breath caught in my throat. Knives were the last thing I wanted to work on. If I learned anything new I'd be sure to use it in my next kill without realizing it. Then Kenzo would find that the killer was me.

"Why?"

"Because this killer seems to be using knives as a weapon. The sooner you master then, the sooner I'll be willing to let you go out with that suitor Chris more often."

I smiled at that. But was still worried.

"Ah, take this one." He handed me a short dagger and took a longer one for himself. Both were practice weapons and would only leave bruises.

I adjusted it in my palm to get a feel for the weapon as I took my spot on one side of the ring. The soft pads molded to my feet as I walked over.

Kenzo held his knife lightly in one hand and I tried to mimic his calm and cool behavior.

Suddenly he leapt forward with a grace I only saw in gymnasts and Zadie, let alone a 60 year old man. I jumped sideways under to blade, diving into a roll and landed facing him. Crouching low to the ground, my fingers touched the top of the mat as my dagger was poised by my ear.

Trying to catch his off guard, I went for an easy uppercut only to pull back at the last second and pivot into a jab at his chest. He easily reacted and parried the attempt without moving his stance.

We circled for a moment before a grin passed over his face. Kenzo threw his knife above him and launched himself into the air to deliver a kick to my chest. Caught off guard, he knocked me to the ground. One foot pinned my knife and hand and his hand caught the knife as it came back down.

A flick of his wrist and it was inches from my face. I sucked a breath and he let me up to try again.

As I took my stance I heard the the door burst open behind me.

It was Zadie. "They have a suspect for the murders."

2. Cliff hanger, sorry folks. :) Enjoy though!

Chapter 23

My heart jumped in surprise. The police aren't here so that must mean it's not me. Curiosity got the best of me and I ran upstairs to watch the TV. I could hear Zadie and Kenzo talking behind me.

Jumping the stairs two at a time, I reached the top as the phone started to ring. I grabbed the phone next to the basement door one the first ring.

"Hello?"

"KC? It's Chris."

"Chris, hey. What's up?"

"Have you seem the news? They caught a suspect!"

"I know, Zadie just told me. I'm heading over right now to watch," I said walking into the living room.

"Ok, once you're done, do you want to come over to my place around 11? I'm having Toby over a little before that. We'd probably just hanging out and watch movies or play video games or... Stuff like that," he said uncertainly.

I smiled to myself. "Sure. I'll give you a call back if I can't ok?"

"Ok great! See you KC."

"Bye." I hung up and did a little dance. We hadn't really talked since he kissed me, which was something I'd love to repeat. We'd see how this day went from here.

I turned the TV on and the face of a young man was covering half the screen. He would have been very handsome with his blonde hair and green eyes if it wasn't for the scowl that covered his face. He was maybe in his late twenties or early thirties.

I sat down to watch.

The reporters claimed that Michael Frost had been taken into custody late last night after being caught visiting one of the murder sights. He claimed he didn't know anything of the murders but witnesses confirmed seeing him at the theater during the time of Teresa Williams' murder. It was also later confirmed that he was a janitor at the school where Jade Hilly's murder took place.

I was shocked and surprised. The police would probably find ways to link the man to the crimes and put him away for first degree. However, once I started killing again the police would realize they had made a mistake, and that this was more complicated than they thought.

I bit my nail as I thought.

"KC?"

I turned to see Zadie standing near the couch. "Yeah?"

"What do you think about the suspect they have?"

I wanted to say they had the right man but I just couldn't bring myself to say it. "It's the wrong guy."

****. I didn't mean to say that.

Zadie nodded though. "I agree. They have no motive to pin on him. Come, eat. Once you're done we're going to work on your hand to hand skills."

"Not knives?" I asked, walking to the table.

"No. Both Kenzo and I will attack you simultaneously."

I groaned my displeasure. "I have to be at Chris' by 11."

"Thanks for clearing that with me. His house is a short distance away, you can walk. We'll only work for a bit, half and hour or so. It's 9:15 now," Zadie said as she set the table.

"Gourmet cook indeed," Kenzo mused as he took his spot. "Chocolate chip pancakes, the meal that's sweeping the nation."

We all laughed, despite the grim mood of the murders.

---

"Argh..." I moaned as I cracked my back. The fight with Kenzo and Zadie had left its mark, in the form of bruises. I was half way to Chris', braving the cold winds in my trench coat and boots.

I wore a casual fuzzy sweater underneath with jeans. My silver chain necklace dangled around my neck, as it had since my father left. I had four charms on it, which I played with while I was bored.

One was a small silver bullet my father gave me when he left, along with the necklace. The second was half a bronze heart, which Chris had the second half to. He never wore it though, but I knew he kept it in a box of tokens that each held special memories to him. Another was from Zadie, who knew I was an avid and addicted Doctor Who fan (with an unconditional stream of love for David Tennant). It was a silver Tardis, with six sapphires for the door and a diamond for the light on top. The last one was an upside like silver tear drop engraved with claw marks. A Native American piece, it was given to me on a trip to Arizona as a gift from a local shaman of a Native American tribe. He told me at the time that he saw the spirit of a bear in me, and wanted me to have the charm. He continued to tell me it stood for courage, strength, protection, life, respect, gentleness and fierceness, and that I should take it with honor.

I wore them all with pride always. I never took them off. As I approached Chris' house, I fiddled with the one he had given me, the heart.

Knocking on the door, I stood in the shelter of his house from the wind. When no answer came, I just let myself in. I wanted to surprise Chris.

I slipped me shoes off and hung my coat up before silently walking around the house. Music blared from upstairs so I did a quick check downstairs first, which came up with nothing, before heading up. Chris' room was at the end of the hall, but I noticed the music didn't come from there but the stereo in the small office area by the stairs.

I peered in. Empty. Preceding to Chris's room, I pushed the door open. My heart dropped and emotions of all kinds flooded my brain, for both of them.

For Chris was pressed up against his the wall by Toby, making out.

3. Ok, FF seems to need a little boost in action so I'll go to posting everyday if I can. See if that can liven things up around here. Please leave feedback, it's a appreciated and I do use it. Enjoy!

Chapter 24

Slowly, very slowly, I tried I take it all in and organize my thoughts.

Toby, or Tobias Starr, was a bit shorter than Chris, and his hair was lighter as well. It was a short and fluffy style, with a kind of light dusty brown color to it. He had green eyes, and was an openly gay guy at school. Numerous times he was bullied and picked on for it but still managed to get the hottest guys at school to come out of the closet about being bi- by dating them.

He was a "friend" of mine, but I only really knew him through Chris. They played sports together.

Now they were playing a different game. I saw Tony's hand grab Chris's crotch and heard him groan into the kiss. If I didn't have a crush on Chris, I would have found it hot.

But I did. And I didn't approve. I took a step but part of me made me stop. Chris was enjoying it. Should I be a brat and take that because I loved him? No, my mind argued.

So I stopped and watched.

Toby drew out of the kiss and placed small nips down Chris's neck. Chris growled and rolled his head back to give him more access, eyes closed. His hands found Toby's hair, and his fingers started to run through it, pulling and grabbing.

Toby's hands ran up under Chris's shirt, and pulled it slowly over his head. He then crashed down upon Chris again, and they started to make out. Their body's pressed together and I could see Chris's hands as they wrapped around Toby.

I sank to the ground and sat there to watch. Crushed. I felt crushed. Betrayed, furious, depressed, sad, happy, and crushed. I felt that and more.

Chris then started to push Toby off. I could see him breathing heavily as well as his perfect stomach. He put his hands on Toby's shoulder.

"No, Toby.... Stop... Please, listen," Chris said between breaths. "I can't do this. I... I just can't."

"Chris, I love you," Toby stammered.

"I know, Toby. I know." He cradled Toby's face with his hand and my heart went up in ashes. "I love you too, just.. Not like that, man."

"But.."

"No, Toby. I'm sorry. KC." I looked up at my name, thinking he had seen me. "I... I love KC. I can't betray her like this, I...."

He stopped as his gaze locked on me. Those blue eyes just dug into my soul. My heart stopped and I saw Toby turn around out of the corner of my eye.

"Oh ****...." Chris said.

I just sat there in silence. "KC... I..."

"No." I cut him off. "Don't say anything."

I stood and shook my head. Then I walked out. Slamming the door behind me, I took a shaky breath in the hall.

I hadn't meant to do that. But I stuck with my decision as I heard a shout of frustration behind me. A pounding sound followed before silence. I walked downstairs.

I collapsed on the couch in the living room. How could he have done that to me... A few minutes past before Toby came down to grab an ice pack and walked back up. We didn't speak.

---

Chris POV

I don't know how it happened. Toby was just suddenly pinning me against the wall. His lips were soft and gentle at first. Why I just didn't push him off then, I'm not sure. I think he reminded me of KC.

So I kissed back. I mean, I didn't mind kissing a guy. He tasted just like a girl. But quickly I could feel Toby become more aggressive.

Our tongues started to fight for dominance, mine winning. He gave way and let me into his mouth. Our teeth clicked briefly, and I gave him access. As I did, I felt his hand grab the front of my jeans. Surprised, I went to push him off, thinking of KC, and how I had kissed her.

He pulled back quickly and started to nip at my neck. I started to feel that this was wrong. But it felt good, even if it did hurt enough to make me growl. I closed my eyes and grabbed Toby's hair to push him off, but he didn't want to leave.

I felt Toby's hands slip under my shirt and touch my stomach, and froze. An image of KC doing the same thing shot into my mind. No no no. That was going too far. But before I could do anything, he lift the shirt over my head. I didn't mind, I was comfortable with my body. But Toby started to kiss me again and I knew I had had enough.

I let him enjoy it, even wrapping my arms around him as he pressed against me. He started to get more aggressive again and I was done. KC kept appearing in my head.

I knew I was too quiet around her, and that I was kissing Toby, but I loved her. I just couldn't tell her. The day she kissed me, I realized she loved me too.

I pushed Toby off now, my mind reeling. I loved KC. I couldn't do this. Putting my hands on his shoulders, I started to talk.

"No, Toby... Stop... Please, listen," I gasped. My body was breathing heavily. "I can't do this. I... I just can't."

"Chris, I love you," Toby stammered, his green eyes pleading.

"I know, Toby. I know." I reached up and touched his face gently, and his eyes sparked. "I love you too, just.. Not like that, man."

"But.." The spark left.

"No, Toby. I'm sorry. KC." I finally got her name out. I confessed to him, "I... I love KC. I can't betray her like this, I...."

I stopped as I saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. There was a figure sitting near my door. And it was KC. My mind melted as I saw her face. I felt so bad.

"Oh ****...." I swore.

She just sat there in silence. "KC... I..."

"No." She snapped at me. "Don't say anything."

As she stood, I wanted to stop her. She just shook her head at me, her green eyes hostile yet sad. Turning, she left, slamming the door.

I hated myself. The one girl I love had just watched me kiss another guy. I couldn't bear loosing her. KC had helped me through so much... She was like a sister.

With a scream of frustration, I punched the wall behind me. Hard. Toby grabbed my arm, stopping me from doing it again. But the damage was done. My knuckles were red and bleeding from the force of the blow. I slumped to the ground, head in my hands.

KC. She was all I could think of. I was always so nervous around her. She was so prefect. I had planned to be here for her, after she has seen Emilie's and Mary's bodies. And I ruined it. Screwed up, big time. Now she'd probably leave...

Toby sat down next to me, silent.

After a minute, he said, "I'll grab some ice."

I watched him leave and went to the box on my desk. Blood dropped on the desktop as I picked it up. It was a mahogany box, with my initials engraved in silver on the top. CJ.

I sat down again and opened it. Inside were small trinkets I had gathered for different reason. My mother's wedding ring, bottle caps, bracelets, a stamp, rocks, a baseball and charms. I had many charms. One I had meant to give to KC... But haven't yet. I took it out, along with the other half of the heart she wore on her chain. Setting the box aside, I massaged the heart in my fingers.

The other charm was small and simple. Her initials, KC, engraved on a circle, with her birthday on the back.

The door opened and in walked Toby. He tossed me the ice pack.

"She's still there," was all he said.

After a moment he spoke again. "I should go."

"No," I said quickly. "You helped start this, you're going to help end it."

Ice pack in my hand, I stood and walked to the door. Both charms were in my hand as well. I walked downstairs.

4. Chapter 25 everyone! Keep the feedback up; thanks so much for it all. Enjoy!

Chapter 25

Chris POV

She was slumped against the side of the couch, as I could hear her slow breathing. She wouldn't cry. KC hardly ever cried. Walking over to her, I drop the ice pack to the table. KC didn't even look up.

I sat down next to her, but gave her space. Looking at the ground, I tried I find something to say.

"Why?" She suddenly asked. Her head snapped around to look at me. Startled, I looked up.

I was expecting her to be mad. She wasn't. She was sad. Her green eyes looked dull and lifeless, only holding that sad question.

"I'm sorry," I immediately said.

"Answer the question," she murmured softly.

"Because he reminded me of you."
    It was my most honest answer.

She took a moment to think that over. "Explain." I didn't really have a choice.

So I told her everything.

"KC, I love you. I have, for a long time. I just haven't been able to tell you. After you kissed me, I longed to do it again with you. When Toby came over, he told me that he loved me. Somehow we ended up kissing.

"I don't know when you came in but... It wasn't very long. I wanted to stop, please believe that. I just can't stop thinking about you. Mostly I'm afraid. Of you, most of the time. But I'm afraid for you, that this killer will hurt you. Or you'll be a victim and I can't have that." I stopped for a moment.

Surprisingly, Toby added a word. "I didn't know about you two. Otherwise I would have never done it KC. I'm sorry."

He was genuinely sorry, I could see it in his eyes. I was too.

Looking at KC, I continued. "I don't know how else to explain it-"

"Then don't."

And with that, KC leaned toward me and kissed me. I was shocked. By the time I processed that, she had pulled back.

"I forgive you. I know how you feel." KC stood and walked over to Toby and hugged him. "You're forgiven too."

I realized what had just happened and decided to make a move. "KC, will you go out with me?"

She turned around and looked at me, puzzled. "I don't know what to make of you."

I walked over and handed her the charm. A smile touched her lips. "You're too kind. Of course I will Chris."

With that, I pulled her into a hug. Then, I picked her up and carried her to the couch, laying her down. I went back for Toby, and carried him over too. KC burst into laughter.

"What the -?!" Today exclaimed before the air was crushed from his lungs.

I dropped him on the couch, hard. "AIR!"

He gasped for breath, causing everyone to laugh. "Why can't you carry me like you carry her?!?" He demanded.

"Because I'm special," KC responded.

"Nuh-uh! I'm way better!" Toby argued back.

With a sigh, I let them argue it out as I found the TV remote. I closed the blinds and turned the lights out, making the room go dark. Turning the TV on, I started up a horror film.

"Quit it you two," I said sitting between them. I wrapped my arm around KC and realized I still wasn't wearing a shirt. Oh, whatever. It wasn't like she minded.

The movie started up, the title screen causing Toby to jump. I grinned. This was going to be fun.

---

Back to KC

On one hand, I knew I should be furious with him. On the other, I could blame him for wanting to kissing someone.

I had slumped myself in one corner of the couch, fighting with myself. I knew I couldn't really leave him, he was like my brother. He'd be broken if I left.

Footsteps approached me as I heard a bag ice hit the table. The couch move as presumably Chris sat next to me.

"Why?" I hadn't even wanted to ask but it was burning through me. Why had he done that.

"I'm sorry," he said sadly. I shook my head.

"Answer the question," I said softly.

"Because he reminded me of you."
    I thought that over for a moment, really confused.

"Explain."

He took a deep breath and let everything go.

"KC, I love you. I have, for a long time. I just haven't been able to tell you. After you kissed me, I longed to do it again with you. When Toby came over, he told me that he loved me. Somehow we ended up kissing." I smiled a small smile at that but I wasn't really listening anymore.

Of course I forgave him. Everyone makes mistakes. I honestly couldn't sit here and listen with his perfect abs showing either.

"I don't know when you came in but... It wasn't very long. I wanted to stop, please believe that. I just can't stop thinking about you. Mostly I'm afraid. Of you, most of the time. But I'm afraid for you, that this killer will hurt you. Or you'll be a victim and I can't have that." He stopped for a moment and I still couldn't force on what his was saying, only that he still had no shirt.

Then, Toby spoke up. "I didn't know about you two. Otherwise I would have never done it KC. I'm sorry."

Chris continued. "I don't know how else to explain it-"

"Then don't."

And with that, I leaned toward him and kissed Chris. He was shocked. He had thought I was really mad. I just wanted an apology. I pulled back before he could figure what had happened.

"I forgive you. I know how you feel." I said. Standing, I walked over to Toby and hugged him. "You're forgiven too."

"KC, will you go out with me?" Chris suddenly asked.

I turned around confused. But I understood. He want to make it up to me. "I don't know what to make of you."

He walked over and handed me a charm. I looked it over, seeing my initials and birthday on it. "You're too kind. Of course I will Chris."

He pulled me into a hug and I felt his warm body against me. He then swept me off my feet and carried me to the couch. Then went back to Toby, picking him up less gently.

"What the -?!" Today exclaimed before the air was crushed from his lungs. I laughed.

He hit the couch hard, gasping for air. "AIR!" He cried.

He gasped for more breath, causing everyone to laugh. "Why can't you carry me like you carry her?!?" He demanded.

"Because I'm special," I said smugly.

"Nuh-uh! I'm way better!" Toby argued back.

"I'm the one who gets to date him!"

"I kissed him!"

"So did I!"

"Well..." Toby said. "I see him with his shirt off every day in the locker room!"

"That can be arranged," was my cheeky reply as Chris sat between us.

"Quit it you two," Chris complained. He wrapped his arm around me and which I smile I just molded into his warm, shirtless body.

My head rested in his chest and I could hear his steady heart beat as the movie warmed up. Toby jumped at the title screen and I felt Chris laugh.

Horror movies were the best.

5. Making finally edits, that's why it's up late. Enjoy guys!

Chapter 26

The afternoon continued on, resulting in 2 horror movies, a call for Chinese takeout, a call to Zadie and plenty of popcorn and soda. Around 3, I headed back to my place, as ordered by Zadie.

Chris kissed me as I left and I gave him a smile.

"I'm sorry KC. For the mistake I made." He was genuinely sorry.

"It's fine. I love you anyways." I kissed him again and then walked home.

"I'll pick you up around 6:15!" He called after me. I turned and nodded. We were going to go to the club later tonight.

I walked slowly, planning my next kill. It had been less than a day since I had murder Kiyoshi and yet I was hungry for blood again.

Well, I wasn't. My beast was, my killer beast. I thought about that, that thing inside me, and I decided to name it. Damien. I would call it Damien. My Demon, a mentor to me born from the anger and cruelty that lurked within me. Twisting my fate and altering my personality.

And right now, Damien was angry. He didn't approve of how sloppy my last kill had been.

I sat down on a park bench, closing my eyes and resting my head on my hands. Trying to focus, I looked inside of me. Past my inner layer to my core. Meditating.

Zadie had trained me to mediate years back, to have a clear mind. Now I focused on what was inside me. And brought it forth.

A black burning flame was all I could see. Black with red sparks, it quietly flickered in my mind and my core.

Toby. An image of Toby flashed before me.

Yes...., Damien purred. He's perfect. The one who stole your love from you...

The voice slowly whispered to me, raspy like smoke from a fire.

Without thinking, I agreed. Toby Starr would be my next victim. Tonight. He would die tonight, at my hands.

---

"Zadie please!" I pleaded. Chris, Toby and I wanted to go the club tonight.

"No," was the sharp response.

"Why not?!"

"You're underage, end of story."

It was 6 pm, Chris was picking me up in 15 minutes.

"I'm 16!"

"In two weeks. Not yet."

"That's not the point! The club isn't allowing alcohol today! C'mon Zadie."

"I wouldn't let you out normally! With a killer on the lose, no way. Never. You'll lose that battle with me."

I heard Kenzo walk in and looked at him. He saw the frustrated look on my face and looked at Zadie, who was on her laptop.

"What's the problem?" he asked.

"I want to-" Zadie cut me off.

"She wants to go with her friends out to a club, with a murderer on the loose. We saw how well that went last time."

"Well... There is that. But the police have a suspect, right? In custody?"

I smiled as I remembered that. Could always count on Kenzo.

"Who they can link to the crimes," I added. "Oh, Zadie. Please. It's Tuesday anyway, we reserved it for underage kids anyways."

The local club was very supportive of the schools, letting us host parties there for no charge with only teenagers.

Zadie glared at me and Kenzo. She gave in. "Fine. But if anything happens, I'm holding you responsible Kimura!"

He raised his eyebrows at me. "She called Lashes for a reason. Go get changed, I'm sure your ride will be here soon."

I gave him a hug, thanking him, and ran upstairs to change.

Not one for clothing, I hadn't really picked anything out. But I had a cute two-tone dress with half sleeves and ended right above my knees. It was black all down the back, part of the collar and the sleeves while the front was all gray. It was clingy, and a soft fabric. Now for shoes.

I maybe had five pairs max. So after slipping on my dress, I snuck into Mom's room. Shoes galore, I wanted something cute but also walkable in. And maneuver quickly. Because Toby was going to die tonight.

I found a pair of cute gray flats, and put those on. Now for my knives. Back in my room, my combat knives were in the closet. But those wouldn't fit in my purse. Lucky for me, I had a few more that I could use. One that seemed perfect for the job was a small dagger.

The blade was a few inches in length, tinted a pale blue. Modeled after Japanese daggers, it had a small curve on its tip. Lucky for me, I had two. Just in case.

I grabbed a small purse, and put my knives on the bottom. On top of that, I put my cellphone and wallet.

Walking back downstairs, I was considering the crime scene. There was a small problem. Security cameras. Turning around, I went back upstairs.

One of my hobbies had been computer hacking, until I got bored of that. I grabbed a small USB from my desk drawer, containing a virus that wiped the video memory. Some how, I'd get that to be placed into the clubs' database.

The doorbell rang, and I realized I had done nothing with my hair. I took it out of the ponytail it was in and shook it around. Good enough.

"KC!" Zadie called up.

I walked back down. Zadie gave me a quick once over with her blue eye and nodded.

"You have some sense I see. Bring her back safe Chris," she said.

"I will." Chris wore black jeans and a soft gray sweater. He had a light blue beanie on as well.

I have Zadie a quick hug and said goodbye. Chris slipped his arm around my waist and walked me out I car. I heard Zadie muttering about me behind my back but I didn't care anymore. Tonight would be amazing.

6. You guys are such lovely people, I decided to post some more! Enjoy!

Chapter 27

We pulled up the club and Chris helped me out. Holding hands, we walked in.

The bouncer ask me what was in the purse.

"Phone and wallet." I held them up to prove it. He didn't check any further than that.

The energy of the club hit us in the face; my face it up into a smile. Looking at Chris he had a similar expression. I dropped my purse on a bar stool before Chris swept me to the dance floor.

The place was packed, everyone being out of school and all. Waves of different perfumes and cologne hit me as I entered the sea of people. Chris dragged me to the center of the mob, warm bodies and bad breath all around me.

We danced our hearts out for a few songs before it switched to a slower song, partner dances. The crowd thinned a bit, but we stayed. Chris's arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me close. I clasped my hands behind his neck, resting my head on his chest.

His cologne filled my senses and I floated off into my memories it brought back. Closing my eyes, I melted into his arms.

Cooing in my ear, he rocked me slowly back and forth. Then he kissed my gently on the head. That caused me to look up at him.

He had a smile of his face and I could see a deep love in his green eyes. Gently, he leaned down and we made out right there on the dance floor. His lips were soft, and he was slow and caring. One hand of his came up and cupped my face, rubbing my check with his thumb. I wrapped my arms tighter around his neck never wanting to let go.

When we finally broke apart, I closed my eyes and with a sigh, laid my head on his chest. I could hear his steady heartbeat. As the song ended, we made our way to the bar. He ordered sodas for us before slipping the bathroom. I took this as my chance.

Looking around, Toby was nowhere to be found. I grabbed my knives and hid them flat against my forearm. Before Chris came back, I slipped out the back entrance. Working my way around the alley behind the bar, I found Toby.

Once again, he was kissing someone. This time, it was Claire Magdin. The most popular girl in school. I got closer before making my presence known.

Too absorbed in their kissing, I got right behind Toby before whispering in Claire's ear.

"You know he's gay, right?"

They broke apart, Tony jumping back into the knife I held behind him. He sucked in a breath and tried to grab his back, to no avail. I could feel his warm blood start to run down his back, seeping between my fingers.

"He's straight for me," Claire informed me before looking concerned at Toby, because he hasn't spoken. "Right Toby?"

I drove the knife in deeper with my left hand and he moaned loudly. The knife handle became slippery with blood and it started to drip on the ground.

"Oh my God! KC! Stop it! Don't hurt him, oh my God please don't hurt him! I didn't mean to kiss with him, it was an accident I swear! I didn't mean to sleep with Toby either!" Her hands covered her mouth now and her voice was getting louder.

I whipped the right hand knife around to Toby's neck.

"Shut it. Or he gets it." That shut her up. "Sit down."

She sat. Toby had blacked out by now so I drew the knife out and let him fall to the ground.

Good... Damien was back. Make them pay. Make them both pay. Humiliate them.

I never stopped to ask why, I just followed my consciousness.

Grabbing Claire's collar, I pulled her to her feet. Slamming her again the wall behind her, she gasped for air.

"Who didn't you mean to kiss?" I demanded.

"Um-"

"Who!" I pressed harder.

"Chris! I didn't mean to kiss Chris! It was... An accident," she confessed. "Please don't hurt me; what've you done to Toby? Is he alright?"

"*****."

I let go and she crawled over to Toby, crying quietly now.

Anger was burning deep inside of me. She had kissed Chris, not he kissed her. Even if he did, I still wasn't mad at him. He was a teenage guy, it was in his genetic code to play girls around at the age. I knew that deep down, only I was truly his. But he was handsome, and a lone wolf of sorts. With a harsh exterior, he wasn't friendly to people he didn't know. But once you were friends, he was very loyal and protective of you.

And he wouldn't have done that to me on purpose. So I let him off the hook, but not Claire.

I walked over to where she was laying in Toby's body. I'd just end this quickly. Driving the knife into her back, I dragged it down parallel to her spine. A silent scream escaped her before she rolled over, blood covering her new silver dress.

I couldn't tell if they were dead, and I didn't have the time; slitting their throats was quick and easy. And had very little blood. I checked my dress to find that there was some blood on the front. Not too bad.

They were bodies six and seven, I decided to carve it into Claire's back, and Toby's stomach. I watch them lying on the ground. The pool of blood beneath Toby started running along the pavement and Claire's number was soaking her dress. Being dead wasn't enough for me though, they need to be humiliated.

By Claire's hair, I pulled her over onto Toby. Their lips barely touched but it was good enough. The gay with the school whore. Perfect.

Once done, I headed back inside. No one was by the back entrance so I managed to slip into the bathrooms unnoticed. I quickly washed the knifes, my hands and the spots on my dress out.

Back into the sea of people, I maneuvered back to my purse, put my knives away. A hand tapped me on my shoulder, and I jumped.

It was only Chris. "KC I've been looking for you!"

"I was just getting my phone to text you," I lied. "I went to the bathroom after you, but we missed each other I guess."

"It fine; c'mon, let's dance," he said pulling me onto the dance floor once again.

7. I wonder about this girl...

And why nobody fights back...

8. cuz she already has a knife in them ;) but she is a strange one, isn't she...

9. I think KC needs another friend, don't you? Enjoy!

Chapter 28

"I told you she shouldn't have gone out! These murders are following her! Can't you see that Kimura?! I don't know what it is but she knows everyone killed. And it isn't bothering her as much as it should. She's almost 16, and she knows more people murdered than I knew killed in the first 6 months in the war. I was seriously messed up after that war, but she? She's fine!!! Absolutely fine!!! Why is she like that?!"

It was the next morning. Kenzo and Zadie were discuss me downstairs. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

11 am. From: Chris
    How's things there?

Like hell. Your place?

Silent. Can you leave? I really want to talk to you

No. But I'll try. Where?

Is any place safe anymore? Downtown, the coffee shop on the corner of Third Ave.

Gotcha.

I stuffed my phone into my jeans and grabbed the trench coat on my chair. It was freezing outside.

"Zadie!" Kimora's shout echoed through the house, causing me to freeze.

His voice dropped again but I could hear him talking. I ran down the stairs, grabbing my wallet of the kitchen counter and making my way towards the door.

"Kerri Cadwell!" My full name froze me in my spot. I slowly turned around. "Where are you going?"

"Coffee with Chris. We were going to talk about Toby," I said softly to Kenzo and Zadie.

"No," Zadie immediately said.

"You can't keep her shut up in here. You need to let her out. And to see her friends. Let them mourn together."

Zadie hesitated but I could see the friends thing really hit her. She grabbed a knife from her back pocket and tossed it to me. Surprised, I barely managed to catch it.

"Three hours max. This conversation isn't over. You have your phone?" I nodded. "Keep in touch, I'll text you often, and you better respond or I'll hunt you down myself."

I slowly put the sheathed knife into my pocket, confused.

"You have my permission to use that in self defense. Don't get yourself killed."

"Zadie? Why are you doing this?"

"I don't trust the police. And if this person keeps killing, I want you to see your friends. Because they might be next and I want you to see them before they go."

"Zadie!" Kenzo exclaimed.

"What? It's true."

"You don't need to be so blunt."

"Yes I do."

He sighed and looked at me. "Be careful."

"I will."

----

I caught a bus downtown to the coffee shop. Chris was sitting slumped at a table, slowly stirring his drink. His expression was grim.

As I approached, he looked up. His face gave a small smile but his eyes were still dark and sad. Standing, he embraced me in a hug.

We sat across from each other, silent. It wasn't even an awkward silence, we were both content with it.

A waiter walked over, breaking the silence.

"Excuse me? You want to something to drink?"

"Oh, well. I'll just have a hot chocolate. Nothing else."

She walked off an Chris gave me a lopsided smile.

"Chocolate? Really?"

"I'm not really in the mood to drink my sorrows away..."

He gave a short laugh. "I got the strongest thing they got."

"How are you managing?"

Chris gave it some thought. "Not well. This one hit me hardest of all the murders. I don't like seeing people for like this but Toby... I almost trusted him. I don't do that easily, as you know."

The waiter came back with my hot chocolate and left.

"I don't know KC, I don't know. How are you?"

"Shocked mostly. Can't feel much else."

We sat in silence some more. I stood up eventually.

"I'm going grab us some food."

I turned to walk into the shop when a crowd of people walked by. While waiting for them to pass, I felt a hand slip into my back pocket to my wallet.

I spun around, grabbing at whoever was behind me. My hand closed around a shirt. I grabbed for my knife as well.

The person struggled attempting to get away. Pressing the butt of the knife into their back, I told them to freeze. They did.

Once to crowd passed, I was left jabbing my knife at a girl about my age, little over 5 feet in height with soft brown hair. And the greenest eyes I had ever seen.

"Who the hell are you and why were you trying to steal my wallet?"

Chris stood up abruptly and walked over.

Her eyes flicked back and forth between the two of us. "I'm Lucky."

Dressed in tattered jeans and a worn shirt, she didn't look very lucky.

She had innocent, scared eyes. "Can you help me?"

"What do you need help with?" Chris kindly asked.

"Will you be my friend?"

10. lol "you don't look very lucky"

nice story :) keep it up!

11. Lmao pretty bad pickpocket.

12. Whoops :p forgot the codes on the text messages.... Eh... It's cool.

13. The plot thickens! Well, not really. :p It will soon. The police and national guard will soon be involved, don't worry. It just keep getting exciting. I'm going to try some chapters from officers' points if view, and building a profile for the killer. Tell me what you think of that idea. Enjoy!

Chapter 29

Chris helped Lucky to our table. I wanted to go inside and grab some stuff, but I didn't trust Chris's mental state or this girl.

"Who are you?" I asked again.

"My name is Lucky," she repeated.

"I know that. But who are you?" I asked, sitting down.

She looked at me strangely. "I'm a runaway."

I looked at her expectantly to continue.

"I ran away from home two years ago. My parents were divorced at the time. My father was abusive and my mom's boyfriend tried to poison me. I lived on the streets for about a year in terror. People wanted me to be a prostitute, tried to **** me and beat me," she said sadly looking down.

"I was determined not to let them win. I learned how to pickpocket people, steal things, basically become a thief. I've gotten pretty good, managed to keep myself alive."

As an after thought she said, "You were the first to catch me in a long while."

"Yeah, you choose the wrong person to steal from," Chris said jokingly, but his eyes were far off, not really focusing on the situation. "I'll be right back."

As he went inside to grab some food, I turned to look at Lucky. I realized I must have looked very uninviting, first jabbing a knife in her face and now demanding her past. She had an odd expression on. On the outside, she look scared, frightened. But her eyes her sharp and curious.

I tossed my knife onto the table to her.

"What do you make of that?"

She picked it up, feeling its weight and balance before examining the blade. "That's a really nice knife."

She went to hand it back but I shook my head. "Keep it."

I paused. "Hey, sorry about that. Grabbing you and jabbing the knife at you like that," I apologized. I gave her smile that she returned. A real smile.

"Will you be my friend?" She asked again.

I thought about it, with the murders and Chris and everything. I needed a new friend. "Yes. I'll be your friend."

Chris then walked back out, tossing me a loaf of bread. I caught it and set it on the table. Lucky stared hungrily at it. I pushed it towards her and Chris mockingly gave me a horrified look as Lucky started to devour it.

"That was for all of us!" He protested lightly.

"Whoops. Anything else?" I asked.

"No!"

I laughed as he sat down. Lucky gave a small smile at that and forked over some bread to Chris; he shook his head.

Lucky had lightened our spirits considerably, and was someone I would genuinely like to keep as a friend. Chris could use the humor, and I could use her mischievous side.

"You have a place you're staying right now Lucky?" Chris asked.

She nodded enthusiastically. "Yes, it's in this cute little corner off of the freeway! I even managed to grabbed a few blankets off this truck. Not much but a concrete wall and some dirt, but you know it's the cutest place ever!"

She broke into a playful grin, and cracking up I realized she was joking. Chris had an odd look on his face, torn between disbelief and sympathy. Lucky and I both started to laugh before Chris caught on.

"I like you," I said between laughing. Once I had stopped, I asked the question again seriously. "But do you have a place?"

"Not really at the moment. The pub owner on 5th is letting me bunk with her but... Not really a great place when you're a young girl and there's drunk men."

"C'mon. Let's head to my place. You can stay there, we have plenty of room. You could do with a shower, food and some new clothes as well." I offered her my hand to help her up.

"Thank you," Lucky said. "You don't know how much this means, but thank you."

----

"Zadie, I'm back! I brought Chris and Lucky!" I shouted once inside my house.

"Chris and who?" Zadie exclaimed walking in towards the front hall.

"Lucky." I pointed at her. She was staring around in wonder, her green eyes huge.

Zadie gave me a look. "Explain?"

Chris saw us talking and decided to give Lucky a tour. I'd thank him later.

"She's been living on the streets for two years. Needs a place to stay."

"KC, no. What will your mom think?"

"I don't care what she thinks. Lucky's my friend now and she's staying here," I argued.

Zadie rolled her eyes and swore under her breath. "Alright, alright. You can deal with that when your mom gets home."

She took a deep breath, thinking. Finally, she said, "We'll keep her here for a time; she can use the spare bedroom next to yours upstairs. Give her bath, find some clothes and I'll fix something up for the the three of you."

I smiled. "Thanks Zadie." I gave her a hug and ran off to find Chris and Lucky.

Upstairs in my room, Chris was showing Lucky my books. I walked in and he glanced at me. Nodding my thanks to him, he smiled back.

"Lucky, c'mon. We can show pin your room now," I said.

Excited, Lucky followed me into one of the guest bedrooms. She immediately started to explore, and I took the time to take Chris aside.

"She's staying here for now. Zadie said to give her clothes and a bath, then she'd feed all of us," I explained.

Chris nodded. "That's good."

He was silent for a moment before continuing. "KC, I don't know how I feel anymore. I love you, and I miss Toby. But Lucky's just really... Fun. She has this hyper feeling around her. And I like that but-"

I cut him off with a finger to his lips. "Shh.... It's ok."

I embraced him in a hug before saying, "After lunch, we'll talk ok? But I need to sort Lucky out, showering and girl stuff."

He nodded and gave me a smile who're heading downstairs.

"Can I really stay here KC?" Lucky asked.

"Of course."

"Thank you so much! Again, I can't even begin to repay you."

I laughed. "I know, it's ok. Shower then food?"

She lit up into a smile. "Yes, of course. But one question first?"

"Sure."

"Who's that?" She pointed out the window to the house across the street. In the front yard was a boy around our age laying on the grass. Short brown hair, you could kind of make him out.

"I don't know," I responded. "He must have just moved in."

"Well, he's cute," was her response before skipping off to the shower.

14. he's the next kill...

15. Nah maybe it's gunna be luckys love interest..

16. THEY ARE ALL GONNA **** DIE.

did I say that out loud...

17. Lmao that'd be too obvious.