AR-15s, M240s, M16s, M4s and the Like

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Original_Belladonna, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Your problem is that facts and reality matter less to you than your emotional feelings on the subject.

2. You cover so many points here it’s tough to speak to each one individually. But it’s a good starting point for some realistic goals / ideas.

But more people are murdered with hammers in the US annually than by rifles / shotguns. And they are used in mass murder attacks as well.

http://abc7news.com/archive/8646035/

3. It's a tool .... so by your logic a football is a tool , a golf club is a tool , hell even a banana peel is a tool
    Correct ??

4. Let’s dive in. So you want more regulations. Wait until 21 eh? Then I guess you need to wait until 21 to join the military. You can’t have 18yr olds come back home not being able to own the guns they were trained on and or use them because federal law says they can’t handle it. Also can’t do medical background checks as you would violate doctor/ patients privacy act (hippa). There already training course required for underage owners. Remember any encroachment on the 2nd amendment is still encroachment on citizen rights.

5. That's the pot calling the kettle black isn't
    Fact and reality is there are many countries that have gun reform and next to none mass killings and school shootings but you cannot handle something factual being pointed out
    The first reaction of pro guns peeps is to pull out stats and figures regarding other forms of death as your justification and blame mental health issues , whilst not accepting that if there were less of these weapons freely available innocent people wouldn't be dying

6. Actually isis was created out of the devistated movement Osama Binladin created to get them out of occupation from Brition, study your history nimrod!

7. Sinan .... just went to my local hardware store for work and bugger me .... they haven't heard of a semi automatic hammer ....mate , where can i buy one?

8. Home Depot ..this one is a Ramset but there are other brands. In different calibers too. I think ive seen a .38 cal one. I know ive seen .32 before.

9. ....get a nail shot at you with a .38 cal charge behind it lol

10. Thats not a hand/claw hammer

11. Lol...but is it a tool? Dang U a fool.

12. So this what was used in your one off i have proof post Sinan ?

13. So are you saying that any citizen foreign or domestic has the right to take up arms again a tyrant , suppressor or a government dpmestic or foreign if they feel threatened as a form of defence ?

14. Most non Americans don’t “get it”, and even some Americans don’t anymore because they have forgotten the history of the foundation of our country.

But basically yes. People that live under oppressive regimes should overthrow them. Or be oppressed for eternity.

And anyone that threatens my family with violence has best be prepared to receive it in kind.

16. I can see arguments on both sides. Someone before made good argument about root of the problem being in violence. Guns alone and gun culture are not evil on its own. There gotta be more to it. Criminal element being one, economic reality and overall country stability play role too.
    I live in the country that has great gun culture. I have a licence and I own guns - semi automatic assault guns. I feel safe, so it is not the reason i own guns. I like shooting them on a range and I am good at it. I would not like someone telling me that what I am doing is wrong, immoral and dangerous. I had to pass most stringent background check to be able to own and use what I like. To me it is all about balance. I had to list a guarantor on my application - citizen in good standing that would vouch for me. I had to list all my "domestic partners" i had in last 5 years and obtain their consent. Pretty thorough several page application that took government 6 months to approve. On top of that extensive training. No psychiatric testing, no doctors.
    Well trained, law abiding gun owners are not the issue. Criminal elements are.
    Ask any police officer how many violent crimes he or she stopped in the middle of it's happening? Many will tell you - none. They arrive when evil has already happened. So I understand that part of argument, that you need to defend yourself.
    I do also understand position of victims, that see a gun in the hand of unstable person as element tipping scales disproportionately between safety of their own and someone else's right to own weapons.
    But in those situations guns are only part of the issue. There is more.
    In Switzerland military service is compulsory. You got to keep your service weapon at the end of your term. Switzerland - country of low crime against property rate, yet full of high powered assault rifles in almost every household. Why they have no crime? Cause economic fabric of country is different than USA, Those that have weapons are well trained and know how to use them and therefore nobody tries anything dumb.
    Incidentally in Alaska, weapons are a common thing because of not criminal element, but wildlife. Encounters with bears are very common, so many carry guns in cars or on their person. Very low crime against property rate there. Cause everyone is armed and knows how to use weapon.
    My point, guns alone are not a problem.

17. No waiting period or backchecks no nothing you just walk right into Home Depot and buy "2" of em' if you want to :)!

....someone could raise hell with two of those strapped to their hips lol

18. When you liberals point out that certain countries have strict gun control and have little to no mass shootings you never take into account the difference in size of the country and the populations.

You anti-gun SJW's like to compare countries with the size and population of a single U.S state. It doesn't seem very fair and skews the facts.

19. Its much the same when you try and use comparisons of violent crime from one country to another not knowing that what constitutes sexual assault , general assault and general misdemeanors differ from country to country.
    As long as those stat work in your favour it's all good hey

20. Should outlaw bicycling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.