♔ KAW MODERATORS ♔

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Wulf, Oct 3, 2011.

1. I agree that moderators should be 18 don't let my previous post set the wrong impression, but you all have accepted the iTunes terms of service (for iPhone users) and should have actually read them before assuming its apples responsibility

2. @ziphena- such as?

3. I agree with the legal issues about being under 18, but don't accuse of teenagers not knowing anything.

4. Age does not denote maturity. However, the longer one is alive the higher the chance they've matured, so the correlation is not without merit. Keep in mind there are different types of maturity, being mature isn't a guarantee in all situations. Also, the perception of mature behavior differs from culture to culture.

5. No matter the irony, Lunacy speaks the truth

6. yeah. True. But anyone should have the right to be mod if they wish. It should depend on how long you've been playing, how active u are, and how well known u are.

7. As a former teenager, I will pass along the reasoning behind the notion that teen maturity is in question... :lol:

The responsibility a person has after graduating high school is essentially a giant leap of sorts. When I was a senior in high school, in the beginning of the year, we were treated a the miscreants we were. Looked at as if "hey, what are these guys up to?".

Once I graduated, and started college, I noticed a massive change in how adults treated me.

Given, I went to the military, and was still in school, societally speaking, a person over the age of 18 is accepted as an adult.

Now, don't get me wrong, I know PLENTY of 20-somethings that have zero maturity, but I firmly believe that moderating should be done by an adult.

Hormones can definitely obscure the judgment of a young man/woman. :lol:

8. If your under 18 you will most likely need parental consent first due to the unpleasant circumstances mods will face. And that is very difficult to obtain online. I don't speak for ata, that's just my guess on what I've seen and heard.

9. Bump because I decided it needed to be.

10. As an older teen myself, I can honestly say teens are retarded until at least the age of 15. Nobody under the age of 16 should have ever been considered for mod. I personally do not think I could handle being a mod, mostly because of all the work involved that teens don't know how to face.

11. Some teenagers juggle schoolwork perfectly. I do sports, have straight A's and still have enough energy to KaW 6-8 hours a day.

12. Lol I looked at forumer mods and am like 0.o we've been through quite a bit of mods :lol: and I've been here for half of em.

13. Well, I (MoveLikeJagger), have played this game since August 2010. (On my MLJ account). I am not 18 or older, but I am 13. (I received parental consent to release this information. Revise this post if against ToU in this context).

I would honestly refer to myself as a mature teenager. I'm not one of those, "ERMAHGERD (insert any 3rd party app). DAMN IT! I LOST ALL MY ACHIEVEMENTS **** **** ****!"

I believe modship should be based on maturity, knowledge of the game, and social skills. Yes, social skills. If you can't explain a silencing/banning without raging, calling names, or letting the conversation get out of hand, then you shouldn't be elected as mod.

End of story.

14. Adding to the story, I'm not saying I should be elected mod. But age shouldn't matter as long as you have the knowledge, common sense, etc.

15. (In all seriousness) agreed with observant

(In all funniness) #Vas4Mod

16. the green is gone.

17. You have to be out of school because the devs want you to be dedicated to this more than home work, and I don't remember who but there was a mod under the age of 18