Wave of Conflict?

Discussion in 'Wars' started by SotUW__VermilionBird__SotUW, Apr 13, 2013.

1. First, I would like to say that I do like WOC giving the option to sign up instead of being forced to war in whatever clan you're in like before but...

I'd like to make some suggestions as to how the system could be improved, so read below and think about whether you agree with me or think I'm totally wrong

Anyways it would be nice if:
    Instead of a spell you cast for the "next war within 24 hours", there could be a sign-up system where the next wars within 48 hours (or more) are displayed and you can sign up for any one (or more than one) that you want

This is to resolve a problem that I find myself and a few others having; not being able to sign up two hours earlier before the war, but wanting to participate in the actual war event.

For example, if my friend gets home from work at 9:00 PM and some hypothetical war, say war 5 would begin at 10:00. Unfortunately he would not have been able to sign up for this war while he is busy. If he casts before going to work, he would be signing up for a hypothetical war 4 that had started at 3:00 PM

Thanks for taking the time to read this and if you find this happening to you...feel free to comment below :p

Also: sorry for wall of text

2. No. There are almost two wars a day. Just stop... Just stop.

3. THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!

4. The only problem i see with that is life happens what do you do if several guys sign up hrs before war and then something happens in rl?

5. I think this would be a better way for Wave of Conflict to work. Support from me!

6. I don't understand what you mean whiterabbit, Im just suggesting a new way for opt in system to work

7. @bishop and OP

This system was used in the early ewars. People manipulated the timers for opt out.
    So they did opt in.
    Now you have 3 hours before the actual war. I think a restroom break at work definitely cover the short time needed to hit the cast button.
    So that's a WHOPING 5 HOURS before sign-up.

Ps I cast at work all the time. Not hard.

8. Or girls. I forgot to be politicaly correct

9. OP it's not a new system.

And there are almost 2 wars every day of the week. An opt in lasting 24 hours can possibly sign someone up for up to 4 wars(if used Friday before the first war)
    This screwing your idea.

10. Wait, that's not what I meant at all, the 24-hour thing was referring to the current system of WOC, where you are signed up for the NEXT WAR within twenty-four hours, Im suggesting a system where you can sign up for any war you want, at any time rather than just a single spell that gets you into next war in 24 hours. You can pick n' choose, not opted in for all the wars

11. Too much work. That relies on the intellect of the average player, which is low.
    And would cause clans, and devs problems. Players wouldn't know the times so people would complain about it more. Sign-up for the wrong wars.

Not to meantion the computing power needed to track and activate each person for each war before matchup so would be almost impossible.

12. Well I guess I don't really know how much work would go into making a system like this...I guess it would just be too hard to actually implement it according to what you're saying

Edit: But against what you first said, they could have the war times actually listed in this sign-up system, along with how long until start of war displayed.

Also, I think that people who are doing rancor wars generally are smart enough to play the game well and figure out sign ups...or else they shouldn't be warring :lol:

Also, to the worm below: I've fixed the times...sorry that my hypothetical situation was two hours off, but the point of the system still stands

13. If a war started at 3, then it would end at 5. Sign ups last 3 or so hours I believe, then the round count down lasts for 2 hours.

That situation wouldn't happen. No support.