War Idea

Discussion in 'Wars' started by KillerNinjaChipmunk, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Sorry if this has already been suggested or has been done by ATA already as a proper war.

Well basically the idea is for wars. I saw a war ad on world chat earlier and thought "wouldn't it be more prestigious if it was the best of the best instead of a clan that has just been started?" Then my little brother walked in and started talking about football. Then he went onto how knockout cups are good because only the best of the best could win it. I put the two things together and thought of knockout wars, like the F.A. cup in the way how it is totally random who you are going up against next.

This would make a final which the whole of KaW could watch in anticipation to see how much Rising Hawks would win it

It would be a tough compition

It would end up as ZAFT v. Rising Hawks or somat

It would mean ther would have to be an exclusive number of clans otherwise the war would end up like 7 clans in for the semi-finals.

And finally people would complain about their match-up all the time.

Sorry again if someone has already done a forum post about this, or the devs have already done something like this already.

TROLLS STAY OFF

2. Nobody cares about FA cup though

3. And no one cares about turtles

4. So, correct me if I'm wrong but you're suggesting a randomly seeded tournament between clans?

5. How would entry work, just all clans automatically enrolled, clan pays to enter?

Either way you run into the problem of having clans put together where one has no chance against the other.

This may work if it was tournaments set up by a group of clans with a reasonably close level of strength and each clan has to pay a certain amount to enter. This would be pretty cool if it was able to be started at anytime by the players, and it could also have incorporated an clan coffers sort of thing they had to pay out of that could be used for wars and things like that. However I don't see either happening.

And yes this has been suggested before but in various forms if I'm not mistaken.

6. What about top 25 clans are put in or something

7. 32 would mean five rounds

8. @killer chipmunk you can always have bye rounds too to fit to the number of rounds desired.

9. yes! there should be more wars and the tournament system has been done before but more would be cool. im not sure if you could get pugs (pick up groups) to stay together for days at a time on top of scheduling conflicts but still really like the idea. this almost happened not too long ago with cwars which.. might be coming soon. stay tuned and grow your war build! but yea war 

10. Another major issue you need to avoid is any possibility of it being used for anything like a Pwar or anything like that.

11. I don't think he knows what a pwar is.

12. party wars! kill your enemy and get drunk!!
    

13. No I don't. I know they are plunder wars but that's it

14. This wouldn't work, Rising Hawks wouldn't win. Just load a clan with LB, and you're guaranteed a win, since there's no matchup system.