Top Clans Ranking

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Ashytaka, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Top Clans ranking system is broke. You can't even compare clans that are warring because a lot fall below 1000 prest. This is obviously because you lose 3 and win 1 or 0.

1 example: It's clear Empire Rising is a top clan yet it will take them FOREVER to get to where they belong in rankings. This is because they will start to war more people and get 0.

Also, clans that started warring earlier in the season have an advantage because they were able to war more people at 1000 prest. and get the +1.

Partial Solution: Take out all the clans with 1000 prest! If your clan wars a lot and has 1000 prest, tough luck... at least all the other real clans that war often are shown and ranked. IF a clan has 1000 prest THEN don't show them.

Way the system should have been made:
    +1 Win
    -1 or -2 or -3 for a Lose... whatever you wanted to do
    ... why not change it NOW?! It's still better than what we have!

Thanks

2. It uses Elo ranking.

3. All of the clans at 1000 prestige or just the clans who haven't warred since the last leaderboard reset?

@kaw_admin, what's elo ranking?
    EDIT: never mind, I just googled it.

4. Do you think the game should use this ranking system? I would disagree if you say yes.

Just because it's a commonly used ranking system, it doesn't mean it's the best for the game.

5. Yes, but we want to modify it slightly to make it work better. We've posted this many times but we haven't been able to implement yet. It's on the roadmap for... soon.

6. I believe it is a good ranking system. The more prestige you have compared to your opponent, the more you lose. It makes sense. What other ranking system would you propose?

7. Don't show all clans at 1000 prest. would be the quick fix. There are probably very few clans at 1000 that war often. If they war often and are at 1000, then the next war they will be shown because you either get +1 or -(some #) if the my other suggestion was taken into effect.

8. The one I proposed. +1 win, -X loss

You can't gain rank at the top when you keep matching people below your prest.

I believe the current system is not working because it is designed for when everyone can match each other. In this game, the top ranked cannot match each other due to CS, BFA, etc.
    If the top cant compete, they will just be stuck at the top rank until an underdog takes them out.

9. Great thanks and I would look into:

10. I agree with ya woof I'd like see the board full of actually warring clans, as I'm sure many others would. It kinda sucks being out ranked by clans that've never warred. Doesn't make any sense to me at all. Not to mention 1 for a win - 3 for a loss is weird. Why not 2 for a win -1 for a loss that'd be a bit more practical I think. Who knows maybe I'm crazy n just not getting it

11. I'd agree with osomoss the idea of 2 for a win -1 for a loss would work in a much broader sense and you could clearly tell which clans have a good war history or at least a decent one.

Also clans should not start with any prestige until they've at least participated in 5-10 wars. That way they have a long enough history to follow the backgrounds

12. I would suggest +0 for loss and +1 for win

13. Support. Removing all the clans that don't war would be nice because I enjoy perusing the ranks of war clans and that is a big hindrance.

14. The system would work great if every clan warred or the majority warred. Which is the opposite of what is happening. It doesnt make any sense for the clans that dont war to have a prestige rank in the first place that is the only thing wrong with your ranking system.

You have hundreds of active clans with new clans being created every day. With all of them starting at the same prestige level, but only several dozen that war regularly. Why is it so hard to understand how that would cause your ranking system problems?

15. Two active clans ranked... one semi-active?
    Just hide all 1000...