The poetry wars sign up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by *lady-marian (01), Sep 25, 2010.

1. The poetry wars sign up

The poetry wars. This is the thread you've been waiting for. Yes, you! I'm talking to you. Even if you are inexperienced about writing poetry you can sign up. When I create the official poetry wars thread, I will have more detailed rules and explanations, but here's a brief overview.

In the poetry wars you will be chosen to go up against someone (your level) and write a poem. The subject will be decided by me and a small group of officials (more expierenced poetry writers) when you are chosen to write a poem and are given a topic you have 24 hours to complete your poem and post in on the thread. If you do not complete your poem in the alotted amount of time, you will be disqualified and your opponent will win.

You may use past poetry, but you can not use it more than once. My small group of officials (if not engaged in a battle themselves) and I will grade your poem, others may offer their oppinions as well, we will choose the winner.

Not interested yet? Well I haven't mentioned the most exciting part. Ever two weeks, I will wall you asking if you will participate in THE ULTIMATE POETRY WAR! We will have one of these every two weeks on saturday or Sunday.

In THE ULTIMATE POETRY WAR, i will get everyone together and split each of the three levels (beginner, intermediate, and experienced) into two groups. In your group you will meet on pal, and discuss the topic chosen. Then you will write your poem, post it on pal, and your group will vote on which one they want to represent them. You may not vote for your own, and you may only vote once. I will check in on every group to keep things organized.

Still not interested? Well don't sign up then! But those of you who would like to sign up, post interested, and what level you think you are:

Beginner: little or no experience with poetry

Intermediate: some experience with poetry

Experienced: confident in your ability to write poetry

So sign up! The more people that sign up, the quicker we can get on to our first battle.

To those of you who are experienced:
    If you are interested in helping me pick topics or judge, post official by your level.

2. Interested
    Beginner

3. Interested
    Beginner
    Can't wait!!

4. Intriguing I must say
    I will be watching with much...
    Curiousity

5. You're not going to join? We need alot more people.

6. Whats ur level cheese?

7. I've dabbled in it, intermediate I suppose

8. Kk, thanks. Might as well add myself!
    Iterested, experienced

9. How specific will the topics be? Very broad like sadness or bliss or very focused like the seventh cloud from the horizon.

10. That's the beauty of it! You'll never know! It could be very broad, or focused, depending on what the officials choose! I hope you decide to join!

11. I used to do poetry tag where u had to write one on the spot in a chatroom. Each person tagged and chose a topic for the next guy. It was fun. But i havent written in a long time. I may join after i see how the first round goes. I look forward to reading the poems tho!!!

12. Official

I'm very experienced in poetry

13. Are you going to join? If so would you like to be an official?

14. Yes I wood like to be official plz

15. Ok, we'll have our own pal group called:

poetry officials

I'll create it soon. Join it.

16. Can u tell me if u make me official on my wall plz