The Playing Field: A Discussion on Regional Exploits

Discussion in 'Wars' started by *DTMs_new_reset_bomb (01), Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all, yet another statless alt here.

I'm here today to discuss the infamous YAFI. I've been around long enough to have seen the accusations that have been thrown around to clans over the years. We all know about how iG was supposedly botting and getting special favors from the devs. We all also know about how many times these types of accusations get thrown around, especially during times of protracted OSW. Most of the time it's due to some people being upset over being on the losing side and are generally untrue. I'm hoping that's the case here, too.

I'm not sure whether what I'm about to share is necessarily any different, which is why I feel it's worthy of a thread. I am genuinely interested in hearing whether the things I'm hearing are completely baseless, or if there exists some massive loophole that ATA cannot control.

I'm not blaming ATA, by the way. I know ATA doesn't necessarily see where these funds come from, and that it is all on the Apple side of things.

Further, I'm not necessarily accusing anyone of anything. I'm just looking to see what the greater community has to say about this subject and whether there is any truth behind these (what I consider) conspiracy theories.

Enough preface. Let's get down to the good stuff!

There is a common theme around kaw that YAFI is unstoppable. We all know how they single-handedly crushed AAH and brought the once-mighty Osiris to their knees. But how? Think about the physical situation that would have to occur to make that happen. You mean to tell me that over the course of nearly a year, that neither Os, nor AAH could effectively locate and dismantle their fund supply network? These were two well-seasoned OSW clans. Certainly they were able to track allies well enough to track banks. So why couldn't they shut YAFI down? Are YAFIANS just that good at moving their loot?

[​IMG]

Let's do a little logic check here, shall we?

The rumors are that YAFI supposedly has "unlimited funds."

I have heard from different people in multiple war clans throughout kaw that this is what SOME PEOPLE in YAFI do.

Purchase hacked iTunes Gift Cards to purchase ATA products, like crystals and nobility. As most of you know, most of YAFI are from the Singapore area. There are exchange rate and legal exploits that allow people who live in that area to be able to capitalize on them.

Utilize Remote PC Access to avoid strips. This is where a person in a different geographical region can remotely access your PC and take control of your computer while you are away/asleep. From a server standpoint, ATA cannot differentiate whether it is a bot or a human being because the inputs are technically coming from a human being. The reason they don't know that the human being might be on the other side of the globe is because all the inputs are coming from the same PC and IP address. This means ATA cannot detect it, so a person doing this with an account is basically "unstrippable."

Again, this isn't necessarily an accusation. It's merely a place to discuss whether the things I've heard have any merit.

Even if it's true, there's nothing ATA can do to stop them, but I still think it's something interesting to think and talk about, especially because it puts into question the notoriety of YAFI and whether it is due to teamwork and skill or whether it is due to a geographical and legal technicality exploit that the devs are powerless to control, and how these issues affect the playing field in this game.

2. I know many programs that allow you to control another computer from one.

3. Yeah op whoo hoo now get a life

4. Interesting theories. I'm not that computer savvy though so I'm sure players who are will chime in.

5. :lol: bet ya it's phil

6. The chrome browser is capable of doing what you said, control one computer from another, you gotta get the app tho I forget what it's called

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.