The "Outside System" System War

Discussion in 'Wars' started by SirIsaacLime, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Sadly, proposal threads are mostly worthless but I wanted to put an idea out there for a future war system. It closely mimics OSW, incentivizes PvP, and allows people inside and outside of the war to see who is winning/losing. For the sake of TL;DR I’ll quickly address the main points.

No Time Limit

Once a war is started, there are two ways of ending it: a ceasefire or surrender. For a CF for happen, admins from both sides must select the option. For a surrender, only one side needs to perform the action, thus giving the other side the win.

Both Sides Are Open

This system would not allow for any outside hits or ally buys, but what it will allow is clans to join your side. Admins from one of the original clans that declared war would have access to an “Accept Ally” button. This would allow other clans a way into the war and let their actions be tracked for your side. This would also mean that to fund a strip, you actually need to be involved in the war, not hiding on the outside because you’re a giant EB noob. Some people might gripe about this, but I love it.

How It’s Scored

In an OSW-based system, using plunder as the only way to determine a winner would not work. There are countless other factors that cannot be quantified with a monetary value. To address this, we would use a point system where a designated amount points is earned through certain actions or accomplishments. These would be:

-Plunder (for example, 1000 points are given for every 10,000,000,000 gold plundered)
    -Total Actions (after a certain amount of each action, points are awarded)
    -Pins (going DTW would subtract points from your side)

Those 3 basically cover everything. Hammering the other side with attack builds? Points on plunder. Stripping them? Points on actions (thousands of steals). Sitting on your targets day and night? Points on pins. This would also allow people from outside to look in and see exactly where each clan stands. Obviously there are things you’ll never be able to put a score on, like total money stripped from the other side or total pots burnt, but someone can get a basic idea of how things are going by looking at the breakdown of this scoring matrix.

But remember, this is “OSW”. At the end of the day, the team that’s losing in score won’t necessarily be the one pressing the surrender button. At the same time, if your clan is using the “Dead Horse Strategy” and trying to act tough in forums while the other side wrecks you, everyone can look at the stats and see what’s really going on.

Rewarding PvP

As I’ve been saying for a while now, the problem with KaW is that the only people who are rewarded in this game are people who take no risk and do EB’s. It makes no sense. With the point system in these wars, we could attach mith drops to just about anything. One example would be mith drops once your team reaches a certain milestone in total points. You could reward people on an individual basis too. Maybe a plunder bonus after reaching a certain amount of total actions.

War Record Means Something

This will give clans a more accurate record of past wars and either a means to bragging rights or criticism.

Mechanics

The same as regular game play. This is OSW so none of this KO nonsense.

2. It's worth noting that this is a basic outline of ideas. I didn't get into any real detail or specifics with things like the point system to avoid writing a novel. So certain criticisms you have may already have a solution. Or maybe they don't. They're still welcome.

3. I like the idea, it would certainly allow for a variety of some sorts to the traditional war system, however are eb's allowed to be initiated in this time? Some clans like to run eb's for repotting purposes or simply to pin on. Especially if it is utilised as another option to the standard system war for those who want to keep score, so to speak.

Maybe the usage of eb's is allowed as an option, check the box and you can use them for pinning or repotting, dont check it and you cant.

4. Great idea OP, I can't see anything wrong with it. Make sure it is sent to the devs because I believe you might have a chance :).

5. This is good. Nice OP.

6. Senorita, that would be a bad idea because 2 eb clans could declare war on each other then just hit eb, becuase Lime said it would prevent outside hits.

7. That's a pretty good idea support. But instead of keeping points, the only way to win is if the other clan FF. and just like a SW where it keeps track of your progress like #of Actions and gold earned. By the end if ur clan wins you get a good amount of mith per # of actions

8. @Senorita

I would totally support EB use while in war. It's become an accepted means in OSW to repot with and self pin hansels on.

9. @ k9

Yes. The only way to truly "win" is to force a surrender. So in a way, points don't matter. But I think they're still relevant in regard to seeing where each clan stands in war and how it's playing out.

10. The problem with ebs in this type of war is that the clans could keep buying pots just by unloading on the eb and eventually no one will attack the other clan. So I say ebs must go in this type of war

11. @SirIsaac

That's why i said it still needs to count the number of actions and stuff like that

12. But when you pin on a eb you will have a negative effect on your score thus making it less Appealable to hit them! Eb are now start of the way osw are done.

Lime bro I love this idea full support.

P.s no xstal limits that would just be plain silly imo. Keep the standard 24 a day but that's. it let us war how we want! Be it with 1 clan v 1 clan or 20 v 20. The only issue I see is the other side not accepting your osw challenge!

Sem

13. Very good, although I think if someone hits someone in the osw more than 5 times, they are automatically entered into the war rather than 'adding clans'

14. Omg should of proof read first 

15. @OP email this to the devs If their is lots of support

16. I see your point K9. The more I think about it now, the more I agree. But at the same time, I've never been in an OSW where both sides just stop hitting each other and go back to EB's without getting any inc.

You can never fully repot in an OSW, just try and maintain.