System Wars... A New Purpose? (FREE SWAG)

Discussion in 'Wars' started by -Scipio_Africanus-, Sep 24, 2013.

1. As far as I know, system wars don't seem to have any purpose. They seem to be a sort of friendly type war where all you do is waste your gold and mithril without gaining anything. To be honest, war is a helluva lot more fun when you actually win stuff when your clan is victorious so this is what I propose:

Terranium

Terranium would be a currency similar to mithril and would allow you to claim rewards when you have a quantity of it. However in order to prevent abuse of this, how about the rewards are "fun" rewards and provide no actual combat/plunder or any bonuses that benefit you in-game?

Rewards could include:

- Name colour changes (I know this is already in the alchemist but if this idea is implemented maybe it could be moved over and be bought with terranium instead, leaving mithril purely as a material used for war.)
    - Temporary "fun" banners (Ie: where you have your pro attack banner if you purchase this, you would instead have a little pink bunny rabbit banner or a skull and crossbones for about 4 hours... - obviously this sounds pretty lame but again, the actual content can be thought about later.

...You get the idea...

Obviously people when I post this I will get a reaction like this:

My answer is that who cares if terranium is abused? After all it's not as if they're actually gaining any in-game benefits. All they would get is a bunch of fun crap to make their sad lives a little bit better.

/end-dumb-idea

Note: The name "Terranium" is obviously subject to change as well as what rewards can be bought with this new currency (as long as they are fun rewards and give no actual bonuses)

FEEDBACK would also be appreciated! :!:

2. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

Reserved in case this idea actually goes anywhere.

3. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

4. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

Sounds fun. Support

5. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

...get rid of the gifs in your sig.

6. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

Why?

7. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

• a) the fail one is stupid
    • b)the funny alien one takes up too much space
    • c)when you post several times on a page, it begins to get trippy.
    • d)even the funny one gets old after awhile
    • 3)sigs should be a personal statement, not some random thing you found on the internet.

8. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

Reserved

9. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

Hmm...
    General idea is good although it could do with some refining...
    But for a first attempt at an idea thread it's pretty good, and your title is catchy so well done.

10. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

I'll be keeping the sigs thank you very much but as a compromise I'll take them out when doing a short reply like this...

11. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

Sure why not, support sure you could abuse payout but i mean it's all for fun so it just takes away the fun :? Whats the point? Have to be pathetic to do that

12. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

Exactly my point :)

13. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

Ah i like you :D even tho some people will always abuse it to look swaggy.... They'll really just be dead inside o_O

14. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

I like where this is going - support

15. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

bump

16. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

Support!

17. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

Yes!
    Give me all the swag!

18. Re: System Wars... A New Purpose?

I would like to see this or something like this implemented. Support!

19. Sign me up for TWars! Swaggy is the new power! I provide the 4mil CS osf 

In all seriousness, I'd rather be swaggy than be powerful. I've been playing for 3 years and the whole game has gotten quite dull. I'm just here for the social aspect and looking good never hurt anyone, right? If this idea passes, count me in on the 48 hour TWars! I can drop pots 48 hours straight on my main, don't worry. 

20. Why am I free?