Stolen Clans

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Propasta, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealing clans should be against the rules. Recently, the clan Trollarc was stolen from my friend and it pissed him off a lot. It is stupid and unfair and should not be a part of this game

2. Right, and the owner should had thought carefully before transferring ownership.

3. How is it even possible to "steal" a clan? Don't you have to willingly give it away?

4. Sthu, btw does anyone else watch Minnesotaburns? He owns troll arc :lol:

5. It is not stealing. The owner gives it away.

6. Good advice:
    If you don't want your clan to be stolen:
    Don't leave the keys out or the doors open
    Finish all of your sentences with a .

Don't give your clan away

7. why would it be against the rules

Your stupid friend gave him owner

8. 4th graders shouldn't own clans, unless it's a clan of 4th graders.

9. Well ur friend should not of given him owner ( idiots these days).

10. Oh well.. That Sucks

11. So wait, OP you basically want to make transferring ownership illegal because if the deal goes south the old owner may decide they want it back. If the new owner doesn't give it back, the old will say it's stolen so it turns in to a conflict. Plus it's one person's word against another.

12. Devs can tell who made a clan and when, but still. People change their minds all the time, and it would still be his word against the new owners. Get over it. It sucks but save 25bill and make a new clan.

13. You cannot "steal" a clan on KaW.

Therefore, as this is not a legitimate thread, request that a mod locks it.

14. @liche, correct. Ownership is willingly given to another player by the previous clan owner. So in a way it isn't stealing. As an owner it is their responsibility to make judgements that can make or break their own clan.

That's why I hate seeing posts like "First 10 to join my clan gets admin!", or "Will join any clan that will give me admin!"

Being a clan owner isn't something to take lightly, it is indeed a big responsibility. You can't be too willing to give power to others. You have to be sure that the person you give it to can be trusted.

And OP, it shouldn't be against the ToU, mainly because it's poor judgment in leadership, and is completely of free-will that ownership gets passed to another player. If they are too willing to trust someone else with such power, I may as well be their hard works downfall.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but the way I see it, is that it's common sense. Though I do realize there are people out there that are too trusting, and that can be their weakness. Though, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Though it is too bad that people like that have to learn the hard way that being too trusting isn't always the best way to live.

15. 

16. So you want stealing clans to not be allowed BUT you gave the clan to him. GTFO!!!

17. Will join your clan if you give owner for a sec 

18. I'll give it right bak I promise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.