Simple Solution to EE Match Ups

Discussion in 'Wars' started by PsychoEmperor, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Have all Match ups based on Prestige.

At the start of the season, it’ll be random (with everyone at 1000 prestige) and you’ll have a few blow outs. As the season progresses(and rancor levels become more valuable) it’ll start to even out with the higher stat clans moving to the top of prestige and the lower stat clans moving towards the bottom. This will of course lead to higher stat clans fighting each other and lower state clans fighting each other. This will have a continuous free-market type correcting effect on all clans and their prestige level.

Why this is better:

1. It’s simple, simple is always better. As my teachers used to say “Kiss it” Kiss-Keep it simple stupid.

2. No Build, BFA or BFE changes will be needed. The system is self-correcting.

3. Everyone can go back to growing their builds, buying more allies and acquiring more equipment as it will be valuable again and not negated by some notion of “fairness.”

Possible Issues and Solution:

Issue 1: As stated above, the start of the season will be hectic with random match ups as everyone will have 1000 prestige.

Solution 1: Have fun and accept it, because towards the end it’ll become more fair and strategic.

Solution 2: Keep prestige levels throughout future seasons to not have a start hectic schedule for seasons 3,4, etc.

Issue 2: Some clans don’t always sign up the same members and stats can sometimes vary greatly.

Solution 1: It’s the way of the world, Sometimes America sends a small army sometimes a large army, the system should correct against it.

Solution 2: Clans found exploiting this situation can be punished in ways the Developers love to do.

Issue 3: Prestige does not go up and down very much during match ups.

Solution 1: Make the prestige changes much greater to allow the system to correct itself more easily.

Solution 2: Make the prestige change based on amount won. For Example: A win of 100 billion could lead to a 1000 Prestige, where a win of less than 5 billion might be a 10 prestige.

So there you have it, a simple all-encompassing solution to fix all the EE Match up issues. The longer the season(s) go on, the easier and better the match ups will be. New clans who enter (with 1000 prestige) will start off in the middle of the tournament bracket and work their way up or down as needed.

2. Support

3. Issue 4
    Clans disband then start again with 1000 prestige

4. If a clan wants to disband to start over, I dot see an issue with that, they're the ones who have to do all those tedious ebs all over again.

Or... If that's abused, the devs could punish it I suppose

5. If they lost before they will lose again even worse with a new clan.

6. Depends some clans with great prestige dragons sanctuary for example would have huge difficulty fighting other clans with similar prestige but significantly bigger build this will not be a solution just a different set of problems no support

7. So let me get this straight ... I could have 4 clans war at each 1 for 2 weeks sandbag easy wins so my prestige doesn't go up much ... Then by the time it gets too high switch to another clan and start over with easier match ups ? Sound about right ?

8. Yep, that sounds about right

9. I'd be for locking someone to one clan for wars, but I know that's highly controversial already so thought I'd keep it to one controversy at a time

10. Ok just checking ... And I'm familiar with the term "k.i.s.s." and agree with the premiss
    But the simplest solution is to just add up all major statistical factors that determine a kingdoms true strength all together for 1 number and compair them bfa bfe and cs ...
    Then just keep it within 1-2 player difference
    If they lock bfa and bfe at start solves people trying to game the system u war the way u were matched

Also in this overly simplistic algorithm people with high bfe/bfa still have an advantage because their stats are static based with purely cs clans stats will drop while fighting

Only thing this will do is increase match making ability for the devs while making more closely matched fighting conditions for anyone new coming in to ee not totally even or fair but close enough that it makes for good fights

Also u want new to ee fighting ee vet clans at some point it's how they will learn , not in odds they can't even fight but in odds where both sides have a chance u will have more fun and new players will learn more in the process