Silenced Indi-Wars

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Yuusei, Dec 31, 2015.

1. With the second war event now starting, i want to bring up a problem with silence.

If you're silenced, you can't talk in the matchmaking clans for indi-wars.
    This is relevant because it lowers your chance of winning indis by a lot.
    Communication is what makes and breaks wars.

Examples:

Seems like we have no wc and tracker. Damn, luckily i can do that and make us win. Oh wait. I can't. I'm silenced in cc. Sadlife, boys.

Huge incomings? Oh i should totally report that enemy #3,8,11,13 are scoutbombing me down. OH. I can't. I guess i'll just eat their spies without our clan being able to use that.

We sweep the enemy roster for k/os in random-wars. Oh, i'm at my regen point and supposed to sit at 75% spies. I should report that enemy #4 came out of k/o. Oh, i forgot something. Oh, #4 sko'd. Sadlife.

Blah blah blah. You get the point. Silence in indi-wars effectivelx reduces your chances of winning and ALONG with punishing YOUR chances, it puts down the odds of winning for the 14 well-behaving non-silenced people you're matched with. It makes wc-ing and tracking impossible, just like basic war-communications. With the new war-events, being silenced pretty much makes it impossible to reach Top-100 when silenced. Violating ToS should be punished by not being able to talk, but it shouldn't reduce your chances of winning indis.

2. Solution: Don't disobey the ToU

3. Solution 2. Don't war silenced lol.

4. Well, warring is pretty relevant for events, so.. not the best idea.

5. Yes not the best idea to disobey the ToU and war silenced.

6. well tbh it sucks the most for those 13 people that have a player that effectively can't communicate, + it reduces the odds for them to have a wc/tracker on their roster.

7. I remember being told a story of the wc getting
    mad and bypassed on wc got silenced and gave instructions through pm XD. Ps this is your fault don't get silenced

8. I'm not sure if you don't get my point or if you're just ignoring it? The problem isnt the silenced person being punished, it's those who have him on his team losing odds to win the war.

I did the same when i got silenced mid-war while tracking btw.
    Effectively lost us the war cause we weren't able to k/o upcomings in time.

9. I support completely. Silencing is for getting people off walls and world forums, not affecting their gaming itself.

10. someone understands the point i'm making.

Silenced people are already disabled in terms of communicating outside of cc/follow, it makes trading allies harder and stuff like this but effectively reducing odds in wars is too much imo.

11. Regardless you've done something to upset the fact that this is a 9+ game the ToU was violated thus penalties was enforced to keep you from using public channels you agreed to the ToU when you signed up. Don't like it? To bad.

12. you keep repeating yourself. feels like you only read what you want.

13. With new system they come off anyways, so who cares? Wait it out. And also, can't you still talk in CC and PM when silenced??

Unless you get perm silenced by a developer like my poor alt...

14. He has a point...

Silenced players on an indy team does harm the indy team...

Devs, please consider disabling Wave of Conflict during indies for folks who have been silenced. That would solve this problem quite well!

Thanks!

15. I think upon a perm silence you lose CC

16. Support this

17. that'd make it impossible to reach high war rankings tho, which shouldnt be a consequence for anything below perm silenced. just my opinion tho.

18. new system?

Yes, you can talk in cc but not in indi matchmaking-clans.

19. Well that part of the punishment of indi like it or not.

However there should be the silence wars where everyone is silence and can't talk that would be fun but they would just used other apps

20. I completely agree. I was just telling my guard at the jail that my punishment of being sent to jail for breaking the law is really messing with my flag football team. It's not just hurting me but it's hurting my team. I told them that they should let me out of jail for the games but they just ignored me.
    [sarcasm font off]

No, just no. You get silenced for breaking the TOU. The goal of the silence is both a punishment for what you did but also a protection for others as you clearly think that doing something wrong/bad/crude/defamatory/etc is acceptable and as a result you have lost to opportunity to do that again.

If you got silenced, it's your own fault. The easiest possible solution is.....DON'T BE A JERK OR BAD PERSON AND POST THINGS THAT ARE AGAINST THE TOU. If you do get silenced, very few people will have any pity for you.