Season 4 Review - The good, the bad and the ugly

Discussion in 'Wars' started by RedHotVixen_MaCHiNE, Oct 27, 2014.

1. So season 4 is finally over.

With more wars than ever, and round, primal and Indies to chose from, how did your season go?

For me personally i was lucky to work alongside a fabulous group of WC's Trackers and organisers - who worked so hard at getting rosters out each war - and with so many sign ups for primals we were putting out up to 3 rosters per war.

I loved not meeting stacked rosters - LOVED hansels being back in fashion - loved that primals really did become about knowing your build

and i loved warring with my family - you guys rocked it this season- im so proud of you all who warred

Didnt like the medal increase but turned out to be a minor thing

Didnt like the fact Round wars are still around 

Didnt like my Indie success rate lol

but all that lack of sleep - overall - the season was amazing 

2. I thought they wars where exclusive not inclusive. Sorry, but think they all should be ditch.

Glad you enjoyed it though.

3. Lots of wanna be war commanders in the sh bracket. I get they want to step up but if you don't have the skill please just war.

Next would be the xstal dilemma, sure they are not mandatory but they are almost essential.

War times were another issue for most.

Other than that the season was a lot of fun and I made some good friends over the time span of s4

4. This was my first Season. I really enjoyed it, its very time consuming but did meet awesome ppl and the finest warriors and i am no longer a noob in wars anymore so im proud that i have participated

5. Medal increase was bs

6. My season went pretty horrible to be honest. Lost all of yesterday's wars, ending in me passing out before War 42 and receiving shattered sword 

Pretty bad matches in the few primal/round wars I did have. Indi wars weren't so bad, but most of my teams hated each other so we never won. WC often gave up 5 minutes in and we got slaughtered.

Overall, I didn't enjoy this season at all. More of a long and tedious grind than actually fun.

And before anyone points out my build, ik it sucks. I was just too broke to convert.

I'd like to thank the clans that took me in for round/primal:

️A E O N W A R
    ️-TOTAL-ANNIHILATION- (it's spelt weird and I forgot, sorry)
    ️Not Another Noob War Clan

Good luck to all warriors next season, and congratulations to all of those who will receive equipment.

~ Grim

7. The worst part, by far, was people being able to cast unequipped for individual wars and being placed in their normal bracket.

Somehow kaw doesn't factor in bfe into INDY war algorithm.

These people wreck wars worse than inactives, they are incredible leaks and deserve broken swords.

8. Mixed bag for me.

Things I didn't like:

Round wars

Not enough time between wars to properly get clan wars set. If you want participation in clan wars give people time to organise. Taking out the round wars would be a start.

Matching should be greatly simplified in primal wars, but also made it transparent that huge mismatches happen too often and need to be curtailed.

Primals aren't sustainable as they leave little incentive for ppl to grow past bc or chase equipment that can't be used in primal war!

The equipment stats are poor and only 4 pieces. I can understand that devs may have learned their lesson about BFE becoming too big a factor and they want to slow it down, but we need more incentive to chase medals. Maybe some other kind or reward in the future?

Huge increase in medals at the end. Whether it was completely predictable or not despite the devs assurances they wouldn't do it, it felt more like a punishment to those active and loyal players that worked hard earlier in the season.

What I did like:

Primals did get ppl to know their builds.

Primals brought with it interesting new strategies and tactics. H/t for Primals killing the dive and wave advantage war strategy.

Hansels are back! It's nice to see but still somewhat perverse stl plunder being so highly valued.

Indy wars were great fun as long as your tier wasn't plagued byeb-build/inactive/non-xtaling/non-equipped players.

I had a successful season and I want to thank all the people I met in indy wars, the folks at We Will RP U, DS and Silver who helped to make it happen!

9. For me the worst part of the season was the second medallion increase.
    I understand that it was probably done to force the top 500 to have at least 100 medallions but it still sucked and ruined my s4 war plan -.-

10. Primals didn't kill the dive and wave strategy, it just has to be modified to work. I won with it twice in the last 2 weeks of season.

11. Season wAs good love primals , love apoc family and I still love indys (if no inactive or ANROD) ty kwm and all that helped rosters for apoc and warred with me 
    Special thanks
    Syl
    Angelo
    Yoda
    Fonz
    Vix
    Knight
    Bg
    Sirkingmachine
    Ganni
    And any others that stepped up all season

12. Xtal counter would be the improvement by far next season, yes you don't have to drop a xtal but if you don't it's a war game and people might want to drop some xtals on you after the war is done.

13. S4 was pretty fun, got my equips even tho I can't use them half the time

14. Support tim, should show who xtalled after war

15. Overall I thought there was improvement in the system, however I feel that the core matchup system is still horribly flawed. I was in one primal where (I think) it was over 250 mil cs difference. We are in a position now where the next move is very important, there has been some faith restored and more people are warring, but there are still vast, obvious issues that need addressing.

16. I never managed to win one S4 war. So can't give much to the review. I'll be glad for next season.

17. Great season, loved it all... Only thing I see that needs fixing is the KO adv wars... By end of season everyone was doing turtle strat and it's sort of boring... I think KO adv. is fine, but make it 7-10 min advantage or less, not 13, then clans will be less likely to turtle

18. Nicely put Vix.

Primals rocked but as Vix said this was due to simply put the best WC's

19. Nicely put Vix.
    Primals rocked but as Vix said this was due to simply put the best WC's

20. The Good-It's over
    The Bad-Ppl crying about lag every time they are ko'd wears thin
    The Ugly-There is always one dumbass who can't follow wave time in Adv Indy

Overall I enjoyed it, better than s3.