Request for Hit Ratio Transparency

Discussion in 'Wars' started by skippyeddo, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Dear Devs, Kaw_admin, & kaw_community,

Since week 2, we have no matched 9 of the 12 wars that we signed up for. We are using the same build % that we used in week 2 on the 25 man wars.
    Note: In week 2 we had 5 no matches out of 14 wars that we signed up for.
    In week 1 we had 1 no match out of 14 wars that we signed up for.

In week 3, we have tried increasing our hit ratio by adding more mid builds, but that isn’t working either. We need more transparency on the hit ratio to understand which direction we need to go with our builds to get a match. Just telling us that our hit ratio was wrong doesn’t tell us if it was the bigs, mids, or smalls that caused the no match.

How are you determining hit ratio? Are you calculating a hit ratio for each person based on the people they can hit in their clan? Is the clan hit ratio an average of this hit ratio? Also, what is the tolerance for matchup?

Another possibility is that the hit ratio is actually calculated by comparing each person signed up in each clan to each other clan in their strength range. Then calculating an average of all hit ratios in each clan. I doubt this is the case due to the massive amount of statistical calculations that would need to happen to matchup clans… and considering that we match within 10 min of the signup deadline… I consider this method extremely unlikely. Also, if this was the case, we would have matched every war this week because I went through and calculated the hit ratio against several clans within 5 clans of us on your strength list and we would have matched them; however, both of us no matched.

We need to know this so that we can compare our clan to the clans in our strength range and actually get a matchup. We do not intend to no match and in fact we are getting driven nuts by TVP at this point. We love to war and it appears that all week 3 did was lower the number of clans getting matchups due to the extreme number of no matches. We are not the only clan that this is happening to.

I urge all clans currently no matching to support this post as no matches (at the current rate) prevent most of our clan to be able to even have a hope at 50 rancor.

Statistics (for week 3)
    War 13 – 37.5% of all clans signed up no matched – 32 clans signed up
    War 12 – 51.6% of all clans signed up no matched – 31 clans signed up
    War 11 – 37.9% of all clans signed up no matched – 29 clans signed up
    War 10 – 19.2% of all clans signed up no matched – 52 clans signed up
    War 09 – 38.1% of all clans signed up no matched – 42 clans signed up
    War 08 – 53.8% of all clans signed up no matched – 39 clans signed up
    War 07 – 41.9% of all clans signed up no matched – 31 clans signed up
    War 06 – 19.2% of all clans signed up no matched – 57 clans signed up
    War 05 – 33.3% of all clans signed up no matched – 45 clans signed up
    War 04 – 46.2% of all clans signed up no matched – 39 clans signed up
    War 03 – 41.9% of all clans signed up no matched – 31 clans signed up
    War 02 – 20.8% of all clans signed up no matched – 48 clans signed up
    War 01 – 36.8% of all clans signed up no matched – 38 clans signed up

Considering the number of no matches:
    141 clans no matched in 1hr wars
    39 clans no matched in 2hr wars

Total estimated xstals lost (if clans used all xstals possible in wars) from no matches: 4,380
    Which means due to no matches, the devs have cost themselves $4,380 USD (roughly)
    Due to the devs losing such a significant amount on no matches, you would think that there was a vested interest in increasing the number of matches.

Thanks for your time,

Skippyeddo & Udder Madness Council

2. Great post skip, hope the devs see your logic ️

3. Ya.....hate these nm crap.....I support Skippy. No matter roster change and all. Still less chance for a match up. But for some reason we had match up and the Opponents were 56milcs on top...so im not really sure u guys match up by clan or by individual....I like to see the feed bak from the admins etc etc

4. Support. Devs get paid to setup matchups. We don't, losing hours in prep work for useless tvp. Something gives soon.

5. Wow! Fabulous summary..well thought out and researched! Support and agree! SLURP!!

6. Support the additional information will keep the wars enjoyable.

7. You know it's bad when pig uses nm as a shortcut for no match. No matches should happen so unfrequently that people wouldn't need a shortcut for the name.

I support this, but i do not have much war experience. I'm still working on my build.

8. Fully support. We want transparency not patronizing response from dev.

9. Bob Approved! Support.

10. Support-- I am sure more clans would love to war if given more info than reviewing who is listed above or below them.

11. Fully support. The devs have attempted to fix the war system and screwed it up even worse.

12. Support

Level 50 will not come easy due to devs.

13. you dont get rancor levels from no matches, right?

14. Right^ that's why it will take so many attempts to war to get 50 and a LOT more wasted time when wars are set up hours before hand just to get stuck hitting TVP.

15. Full support.

I imagine there's many KaW players that can give assistance with improving the hit ratio formula, but they need to know how it works first!

16. Support. I would love an insight into these mechanics