Rebalancing buildings

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Workshops, Forges and Subterranean Factories are not going to be changed.

At higher levels, it has become apparent that balanced and defensive style attack buildings are not as valuable (as evident by the disparity in the number of buildings built for each tier). We will be rebalancing the following buildings to make them more valuable at each tier:
    Beastiary
    War Cathedral
    Summoning Circle
    War Aviary
    Defensive Towers
    Spy Defensive Towers

Details (note stats are represented as attack/defense)
    Beastiary - +5% unit cap, -5% regen rate, slightly lower unit losses/plunder per attack
    - Level 1: 95/95
    - Level 2: 125/125
    - Level 3: 160/160

War Cathedral - +5% plunder (also affects ally bonuses)
    - Level 1: 75/120
    - Level 2: 105/150
    - Level 3: 140/180

War Aviary - +5% unit cap, -5% regen rate, slightly lower unit losses/plunder per attack
    - Level 1: 285/285
    - Level 2: 375/375
    - Level 3: 470/470

Summoning Circle - +5% plunder (also affects ally bonuses)
    - Level 1: 215/360
    - Level 2: 315/450
    - Level 3: 410/540

Defensive towers:
    - Level 1: 37500 defense
    - Level 2: 281250 defense
    - Level 3: 2025000 defense

Spy Defensive towers:
    - Level 1: 11250 spy defense
    - Level 2: 67500 spy defense
    - Level 3: 405000 spy defense
    - Level 4: 1012500 spy defense

These changes will launch at 12:00 am PST June 28th, 2010.

2. I dont understand what is going to happen?

3. They will buff the buildings listed.

4. Your talking in riddles man! What about them are you changing?

5. Will it be price or stat changes? Or both?

6. They will buff those buildings, then they will be better than subs so everyone will switch to them, so then they will buff subs to "rebalance" but everyone will switch to subs. It will never truly be balanced, every game tries to balance it but none ever can...

7. If you make the attack pots slightly more effective when having a more defensive building would that make ppl want to change there build? Or have a second potion same strength as the 1m potion available only to more defensive buildings.. It wouldn't ensure there win.. It would just give them a better chance then if they didn't have the extra pot option..

Also.. Is there still a max plunder or it's just completely based off the opponents build and the "triple zero's" is no longer a sign of reaching max plunder..?

8. Cool devs :D

9. Good thing the majority of my maxed build is going to be aviaries :D

10. In response to questions posed above:
    Changes to the buildings will be stats based, not price based.

To the skeptics that believe that there is no balanced game, think Starcraft. :) There's a different optimal build for each play style.

Right now, Subterranean factories outnumber aviaries/circles 10-1 at tier 3. Our goal is to make changes to the stats so that aviaries/circles are more appealing so that this ratio will even out a bit more.

11. Everyone know to have a good defence you need a good offence. :)

12. Not trying to sound inpatient.. But will the side boxes/ border.. Be used soon? Maybe be extra land to put buildings.. Or be used in quests?

13. Yeah rebalance it so weak new gamers can pin a maxed old player yayaya, before long there will be a petition for it to be undone lol.

14. So youre going to make the aviaries and circles have better stats??

15. Well I kinda want you to post up the stats they're gonna have soon bc I'm thinking of half subs half aviary cuz I want my attack yet I still want my defense and I want to know if I'm gonna have crap attack so "just go ahead and stick with the subs"... Ty

16. When can we expect the new changes to be up and running?

17. Support cause it will help balanced builds find a new and workable tactic. Luv it.:)

18. To your Starcraft think world of Warcraft, most popular game and blizzard knows it's unbalanced.

19. I definitely support btw! Go better stats for Aviaries and Circles!!

20. Wen will it b released?